main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Kinetite. That's what Vader conjured versus Luke, IIRC one of the retcons tried to make it a creation of his suit, but other Sith Masters have used it.​
    Kinitite Force_Ball.JPG
    Plagueis rocks, Rummy. You won't be disappointed.​

Order66Survivor and rumsmuggler like this.
  2. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I noticed people complained about how easy Maul and his posse over take the Black Sun and Jabba and the great Hutts.

I think that the Black Sun would of been more than capable of repelling an attack if they were warned or prepared. They are probably not used too people marching in their house with cock in hand bossing them around. I attribute their swift defeat to a lack of preperation and over confidence. Besides when the Leaders of the Black Sun get decapitated all at once by people using light sabers they are at that point in the realization they were completely taken by surprise and underestimated the severity of the situation..A quick and swift acceptance of their terms was the logical option..

The same can be said about Jabba and the Hutts. Who marches down to jabbas palace and tells the Hutts what to do?? Nobody. It was a brilliant strategy by Maul going straight for the snakes head. Catch these criminal orginizations off guard when they least expect it and where they least expect it. Maul should get a little more credit for his strategy and the execution of his plan.

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    When I originally read the novel, everything seemed to hinge on the use of the word "properly," and, specifically, just what a Sith's understanding of what that might mean. That is to say, I think summoning the technique has never been dependent uopn having absorbed the lightning prior. Rather, the achievment of a full and proper understanding (from a Sith p.o.v.) of the power, and all that goes with it (the "acceptance of consequence and rejection of compassion" through "breaking" and then turning the Force itself into a "beast of burden") is only (or, perhaps, simply "easier") realized after suffering from its effects. Sort of a mystic play on the way in which peace officers are encouraged to receive a shock before carrying a stun gun, ensuring an understanding of the power which they wield, perhaps? Just a thought.

4. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I'm glad the TCW had the Hutts resist - at this point in time they are the dominant criminal force in the galaxy, and have the most to lose by submitting to this Sith upstart. The Black Sun I could handle caving after losing their...*snicker*...figureheads...*snicker*... as it isn't until the time of Prince Xizor that they truly become the big galactic player we know them to be. Combined with the Hutts' dominance and Maul's earlier slaying of their Vigos, the Clone War-era Black Sun are big swingers on the underworld scene, but not the untouchable force they become under Xizor.

5. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    This is what I am hoping happens with Sidious...season closes with him blasting Mauly Maul with lightning and we all think he's a goner. Then ep 1 season 6 opens with the same scene, but Maul gets up snarling how his hatred is unending or something, force calls Savage's double bladed lightsaber to his hand...duel of the fates kicks in and then Sidious and Maul really get it on and after TPM we finally get to see the MASTER of the double bladed lightsaber do his thing.

Sadly...he can't kill Sidious so the above will likely be a fantasy...but oh well. :p

6. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Actually, I do believe Black Sun was strongest under Alexi Garyn. Even Sidious said it was 'considered the strongest force in the galaxy' at a time when the Jedi Order was at it's peak. Also, Xizor never had as powerful Vigos. Lastly, Mighella would eat Xizor's android bodyguard for breakfast, lunch and dinner. (sexual pun not intended) One blast of dark side lightning would fry the droid.

It was Maul's destruction of their leadership and center of operations that led to a weakened Black Sun in TCW IMO.

SithStarSlayer and rumsmuggler like this.
  7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I understand what you're saying, but when Plaguies talks about lives as being insignificant against the fate of the universe and how he seemed to envy the Rakata for instance in which they pursued their goals with no regard for life, I don't see why Plagueis would be so concerned with teaching Palpatine just exactly what it feels like to be hit by Sith lightning. That seems like a lesson in sympathy. For instance in the case of a stun gun I saw that too as a lesson in sympathy. That a cop knows what it would feel like and thus not use it recklessly.

Also Plagueis mentions that it requires being hit by it to both summon and use it "properly." Not only to understand the power that is wielded, but to know how to call upon it.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    Jabba had 3 droids and 4 useless gamorian guards...

that shows me he did not have enough to deal with anything let alone, 2 sith and mandalorians

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Idk why the BS facility's weapons systems didn't shoot down the Mando ships when they breached their airspace.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  10. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    They didn't do that because it would make sense. TCW tends to avoid things that make sense. :cool:

Paparazzo likes this.
  11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Ostensibly they were just there for a meeting?

Why Jabba didn't have his whole fleet waiting in orbit above Tatooine....I don't know.

My memory might be failing here, I've only watched it once and I wasn't exactly glued to the screen.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Nothing really new to add here, but I finally watched this episode. I think it was really good, at least compared to everything that has come before it this season. It was actually entertaining to watch, which hasn't happened for a while with TCW, IMO.

Most of the specifics already addressed in this thread are spot on, as are most of the pluses and minuses noted. And I thought it was Maul's best appearance yet on the TCW. I still stand by my position that TCW shouldn't have brought him back in the first place, but since they've already done that at least they're finally putting him to good use in a storyline (and arguably, the other Maul episodes now have more legitimacy since they were leading up to this and what follows this... even with the "brother brother brother sinister brother brother" silliness).

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  13. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    See now, this is what the season needed, not the adventures in a blank canvas with idiot droids.

And the Death Watch shouldn't need these morons to take back their homeworld. They took maybe one or two casualties this entire episode, while Maul got mauled by a dog.

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The images just show that Maul was always just a dumb animal...

This is not what the Season needed... this is not what the show needed.
    This arc is just bland fan service after bland fan service...

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe. But it's a breath of frsh air in comaprison to the boring filler we've been getting for most of it

Sitara and SithStarSlayer like this.
  16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I love what came before this thing... I love Season Five.

17. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Season 5 so far has just been nice ideas, drawn out too long, Maul 4 parter I hope won't suffer in the same way.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, you'll get no argument from me that it may have been a bit of a clumsy metaphor and I went back and forth with it before finally deciding on including it. Certainly, a public servant, one would hope, is submitting themselves to the effects of a stun gun in order to wield the device in a more responsible manner. Naturally, one wouldn't expect this of the Sith and I certainly didn't mean to imply that sympathy was, in any sense of the word, in keeping with their goals. Empathy, maybe.

The point I got from the book's passage is simply that in having lived through the experience, the user now has a fuller understanding of the power he or she wields, which in turn, makes for a more efficient torturer and killer. After all, in knowing precisely what I'm putting someone through, I am better able to exploit my victim, no?

It's been a while since I've gone through it, but if part of Plagueis' point was that undergoing the effects of Sith lightning was a literal prerequisite to even summoning the stuff, then I have to call "foul" and say that the very cunning man was either being rather deceptive (and shame on Sidious for buying it hook, line and sinker) or, perhaps more likely, believed in what he was saying and was, in passing on a lie Tenebrous had fed him years before, keeping a Sith tradtion alive. It's all a lesson in bending the Force to one's will, in any case.

It's an interesting discussion either way, if not entirely in keeping with the topic at-hand.

Mia Mesharad and TaradosGon like this.
  20. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's what the Sith should be like.

21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Um what fleet would that be?

These are Hutts. They are never seen to have any real space force.

All we've ever seen are a bunch of cheap thugs, and somewhat competent bounty hunters.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    CT-867-5309 likes this.
  23. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Hutt space: so well protected that only the Yuuzhan Vong ever got close to destroying it.

24. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I like Season 5. Onderon suffered with Front Runners, but overall it was above decent. Young Jedi was brilliant, droids arc had interesting/good second and third episodes reflectively, but overall as an arc sucked. Maul has been promising so far...

QuangoFett and rumblewagon like this.
  25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Indeed, BC, to cite the EU or not to cite EU.

Just based on the TCW movie, the Hutts apparently have enough clout that both the Republic and the CIS have to ask to use their trade routes.

Jabba is the go-to guy when it comes to negotiating with the Hutts for rights to travel through their space, and in the OT he's a big shot crime lord running a spice smuggling operation (among other things) profitable enough to put out a bounty on Han so big every bounty hunter in the galaxy is looking for him, even Boba Fett. I would imagine Jabba at the very least would have his own considerable smuggling fleet with the firepower to protect it, or at the very least be able to call on a large number of independent operators to work for him. At the very least he should be able to pay some mercenary fleet, no?

Again, maybe my memory is failing me, but I don't remember Maul and Death Watch facing any opposition during the transition from space to ground.

Random Comments likes this.