main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    So...anybody got an explanation for this?

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    They're off shot.

Thank you, Fanboy.

You're welcome, Tarkus.

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    They all escaped when the Bounty Hunters distracted Maul, Savage and Death Watch. On Nal Hutta there was only one left meaning the others escaped, but on Tatooine, Jabba and the other Hutt at Jabba's Palace were the only ones left meaning there's no guards left to protect them.

Seerow and V-2 like this.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Jordan1Kenobi Even going with that interpretation of the line, it makes the line itself work, but the plot hole is still there. If almost all the Hutts on Nal Hutta survived, how can it fall to Jabba alone to make the decision for all of them? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a Hutt council?

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I figure because Jabba is the only Hutt that Maul is able to find. Remember that funny exchange, "The best you can tell me is I can find Jabba at Jabba's palace?" when Maul had that one Hutt by a lightsaber blade after the rest escaped. Later at the palace Maul and DW killed the guards leaving just Jabba. He seemed defenseless to Maul so he said his line. That was probably an underestimation on Maul's part. I figured Jabba has power and persuasion to make the decision to cooperate with Maul, particularly since Jabba didn't really surrender. He laughed and was like, "Ok, your a powerful guy and that may benefit me if the Republic doesn't stomp your ass in a week. We'll play ball."

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Didn't we see some Hutts getting shot and set on fire?

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    So Jabba can make decisions for the entire Hutt council if he happens to be the only Hutt that Darth Maul can find at the moment? I don't see the logic of that. If every Hutt but one escaped Nal Hutta alive, Jabba should not be able to make that decision by himself. And that was the case.
    I already gave the direct quote. All the Hutts on Nal Hutta escaped except for one. Almost all of the Hutt council is alive. And I can't imagine their ships lack communication functions.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Frankly I was amazed any Hutts got away, Fast slugs. ;)

9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I like episodes like this that are entirely from the bad guys' perspective. We need more of them I think, it really builds up your villains, and makes them a credible threat. It also makes the enemies seem clever, and forward-thinking, rather than getting defeated every time we see them.

10. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree. We especially need episodes like that with the CIS.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, when the CIS and Republic wanted to negotiate for rights to travel through Hutt space in the TCW movie, they went to Jabba....

but I agree, and I think it's another example of us putting more thought into this than the people at TCW.

Was watching Ahnold today, and thought of this:

Viszla: Maul! What is best in life?
    Maul: To crush Kenobi, to see him driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of his wimmin.

pronker likes this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We had this one tonight. After the dire droid episodes this was a breath of fresh air. Enjoyed it immensely.

13. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Got it recorded... am going to watch all 3 in one go.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm gonna do that with the final four on Saturday. I've been recording the new episodes but watching at the same time since they're on at 6:30 PM. I'll watch the final four at my leisure.

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This is one arc that like Umbara and Rako Hardeen is best watched together, IMO. It flows better that way. Still I'd be hesitant to watch them all together without watching individual episodes separately first. I think that's one of the things that caused Young Jedi to end badly for me.