Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.
I miss the episodes being on Friday night.
Yes. Any other questions?
Argh -- agreed! Seriously, the very concept of the "Saturday morning cartoon" must have been invented as some sort of cruel and unusual torture. I'll probably wake up by the time it airs, but still... it was so much easier to watch at night, or the rerun the very next morning if you happened to miss it. Plus more people were online during the time it used to air.
Cool! Is it better or worse than Revival?
How was the Embo vs Savage Part
Yep. Things haven't been the same since, but I expect this arc to be highlight of the season. It has Sidious, how could he not be?
Sideous, at least I feel, is one of the few characters TCW always gets right when he pops up. I also loved how he was voiced, but that might just be mean.
The Emperor himself dishing out the first onscreen bada**ry we've seen since ROTS came out, on Darth Maul no less.
Just as good as Revival
The edit function is your friend.
My bad, Mods, combine one please
There's something.... decidedly... odd.... about requesting spoilers about Darth Maul from Darth Vader....
how is that odd
For anyone who hasn't watched the episode yet don't read my post. Canada aired this tonight on Teletoon.
I enjoyed this episode a lot, considering the last four bore-fest episodes we've just had to sit through. It was nice to see action again that didnt involve kermit the frog talking to himself, beeping droids, and dodo birds running through deserts. As a stand-a-lone episode it was obviously a set up for what is to come, but there were still enough moments to enjoy and be entertained with. Nothing boring or low-key about this 'set up' episode like Front Runners. Visually it was stunning and there was quite a bit of action.
-Animation (you can tell this was made after the previous two arcs (younglings/droid arc). Its on par with Revival. (which makes sense)
- Locations were very detailed, beautiful scenes. Looked like it could be part of the films.
- New alien species the tykes or something were a really cool design.
- Black sun falleen all looked different, they weren't remodels of each other. Very strong designs and cool scene.
- Lots of deaths (The Hutt dude, random red-shirt no ones, Black Sun Leader, guards,etc) It makes the show feel much more real and dark. Its not droids or clones being tossed around and killed, but sentient species.
- Sugi/Maul duel- she has balls going after Maul one on one by herself after they just torched the room and left them for dead. Sugi stands her ground with Maul surprisingly but eventually she gets her arse handed to her. I was on my seat wondering if she was going to die or not, I was glad she survived. She came pretty dang close. I'd like to see more of her in the future.
- Seeing familiar bounty hunters like Latz Razi, Dengar, Embo, and Sugi again and not just random no-name bounty hunters was enjoyable.
- Scene where Maul force chokes Bo Katan was well done. Pre Viszla seemed nervous as to what would happen but at the same time figured he wasnt going to kill her.
- Female Mandalorians, lots of em.
- Katan without her helmet on screen finally.
- Maul's new legs explained
- Good action scenes.
- The overall theme of past episodes all merging into one showdown (Maul/Mandalorians/Hutts/Bounty Hunters/Pacifist movement on Mandalore, Obi Wan Kenobi besting Maul/Pre Viszla) The war is getting real and its reflecting a sense of fluidity and progress in the overall scope of the show.
- I didnt like the comment about "the underworld is a small community". As if in a galaxy full of hundreds of thousands of habited planets the underground black market is described as being "small"
- Bo Katan not being present for the Hutts meeting on Nal Hutta. She seems to walk around everywhere with Maul/Savage/Pre Viszla but then randomly she disappears on Nal Hutta.
- Bo Katan didnt have a lot of fighting scenes as Filoni promised she would, but I'm sure we'll see a lot of her in the next two episodes so I'm not worried.
- Mustafar being used again, its overkill now. Pick a new planet, its losing its relevance to Anakin's fall. Everyone has a base of some sort on the planet it seems.
General comment- not necessarily positive or negative in nature just an observation of mine but this Maul arc is showing a lot of aggression towards to the ladies of the show. Last episode (chronologically Revival came before this) Adi Gallia was brutally killed by Savage, this episode Bo Katan is force choked into submission, and then Sugi is beat to a pulp by Maul. If I remember correctly he even snaps her arm and then tosses her like a ragdoll. From what is seems from the next episode's preview on Teletoon,this trend seems to continue. I just find it interesting and I like the fact that the series does not save the brutal fights for just the male characters. These female characters are getting their fair share of beatings too, which is fair and equal. I'm sure someone out there might think its too much 'women abuse' in one arc, but I think its refreshing that the women are going toe to toe with men. I don't want to start a whole male versus female debate, just an observation thats all.
I'd give it a 9/10
Did any Mustafarians appear on Mustafar?
I don't think so, I could be wrong, but I don't think I saw those.
There isn't any in the book.
Does Sidious battle Maul and Savage in this arc?
I won't be home to watch this episode. Will have to watch it sometime later.
OKay, is anyone else tired of this Maul Opress arc? I'll watch because I vowed to see this animated series through to the end and the last couple of episodes were really well done, but I was against this resurrection of Maul in the first place and now it seems the powers that be just want to drag this arc out indefinitely to fill in gaps where they have no original stories.
You're not the only one..
OMF! BEMO WAS IN STARWARS!!!!!
- The animation has gotten truly amazing, the frost on Maul was well done.
- Mandalorians! Can't have enough of them.
- This episode had the best music out of any Clone Wars episode we've seen.
- Lt. Dan got new legs! Er, I mean Maul did.
- Black Sun + Sith + Death Watch on Mustafar = awesome.
- Savage decapitates a Falleen with a saber toss.
- Nal Hutta has rings? Didn't remember that one, the planet animation though has gotten incredible.
- Cool to see Maul and Savage actually struggle with Bounty Hunters, I was afraid they would just crush them. The Mandalorians though help.
- Maul is truly a reflection of Sidious, he's a great schemer. It's an incredible shame they sliced him in half in the movies, this is how the prequels should have been. Maul has one heck of a cooler entrance than Luke did in Jabba's palace. Just guts the guards with his lightsaber.
- Tatooine and Maul again! This time though, Maul and co. destroys everyone, instead of loosing to a kid and an aged Jedi Master.
- Starting to see some tension between Viszla and Maul, Viszla wants all the glory to himself. Maul clearly knows this, and knows his anger towards him.
- Great setup and transition into the next episode where Mandalore is concerned.
Easily the finest episode this season, the best in terms of animation and music for certain. Not much in the way of bad moments. One of the easiest 10/10 I've given since Umbara.
This was also what I would say the most 'cinematic' Clone Wars episode we've seen. The cuts, zooms, and superb animation really felt like I was actually watching a continuation of Star Wars instead of something like a kids show.
Really excited for the next episode.
can't wait for the rest of the arc... if this one was a 10/10 i'll expect a 12's and 13's for the next few!
i thought the maul vs sugi was brutal though.... hahah