main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.15 - Shades of Reason - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I could almost, almost say I miss Anakin given how little he's done this season. I could even support a meeting in the future since Maul is good at cheating death. However I'm hoping he stays out of this arc. I'm ready for Obi-wan to get in the spotlight however.

I laughed. xD

2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Well, that pic is conceptual art and says in its caption "spirit of". My guess is they changed their designs once they got to the animation models.

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Mandalore was already ruined by having a pacifist as their leader, so Maul isn't ruining anything.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I really want to see how will Anakin react when he met Maul, they almost totally kept him out of this arc.

5. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    People are fooling themselves if they think Maul will die this season. They didn't bring him back just to kill him off in 6 episodes. Everything Filoni says makes us believe Maul will die..But he's just feeding us BS. Besides as long as Mother Talzin lives GL and company have a wild card and a legit excuse to revive Maul/Savage at any time they want.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  6. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    The interior or the Palace has been around since Season Two, only in this episode has the exterior been designed. I just think it's stupid to create an exterior that cannot possibly exist.

7. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Even is Anakin did see Maul the only thing I would expect from it is probably something like...

Anakin: Who's he?

Obi-Wan: That's Darth Maul. The guy who killed Qui-gon.

Anakin: Really? I'll go after him!

Obi-wan: No Anakin. This is my fight.

Considering Anakin barely even knew Qui-gon (and he was only 9) he probably doesn't have any emotional connection to Qui-gon if any at that.

8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    This entire season has really been Obi-Wan's season. Revival, Onderon, Young Jedi, this arc, so on.

9. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    It's not real!

10. CloneWarsRescored

Sep 4, 2012
    Duh.

11. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Anakin would not let Obi Wan take the fight by himself.

Qui Gon is one of the most important person to him.

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, "honor" is really a poor word choice for the situ. More like "warrior's code" than anything else. Death Watch having honor is like Hondo and his pirates understanding insolence, they don't.

JackG and rumsmuggler like this.
  13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yes, but this is much higher stakes with him than any of those episodes save "Revival". His role in Onderon is pretty minor.

14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Not really, Obi-Wan's only had 'Revival' as the episode where he's been the main character. Ahsoka got the Onderon arc and the Jedi Youngling arc, R2 got the Droid arc and Maul has had this arc so far.

Valairy Scot and Seerow like this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think the term 'honor' works fine for a worrier's code. Really there is a theme in TCW about soldiers and codes of honor. Rex for example also seems to have one.

SithStarSlayer and QuangoFett like this.
  16. CloneWarsRescored

Sep 4, 2012
    I wouldn't say so :confused: This has really been Ahsoka's season, she's been the starring role in Onderon, Young Jedi & The Finale. I'm expecting her to be on the cover of this Season box set!

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its better be Obi-wan on that cover. <<;

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It better be, but she was in most of the episodes, but in another thread we also proved that amount of appearances does not mean one would be on the cover.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Mandalore having a pacifist leader wasn't the problem. The last episodes with Satine were fine. The show turning Satine into a stupid wussy invertebrate ruined Mandalore, but all pacifists don't behave that way.

Unfortunately, many kids who watch the show, probably will equate pacifism with being a total wimp after this arc.

Esg likes this.
  20. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Yoda...cough, cough...

Watched it a second time and still love it. My friends and I were watching the Mandalore Trilogy, the Season 3 duology, and A Friend in Need to prepare for this arc and even with The Academy, which was their least favorite, they were wondering where the hell these concepts were for the prequels. I have to agree, how much more awesome would Episode II have been with these fights?

Seerow likes this.
  21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    And Cody... Cough, cough...

22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I have no issues with Satine and her episodes and I know enough about pacifism to know that all of them don't behave that way.
    My issue is that Mandalore's people come from a warrior culture and being lead by a pacifist is out of character for them imo.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree, and the show could have done a lot to show how Satine as a strong and charismatic pacifist won over the people and therefore got herself elected.

Instead I can only wondering what sort of hallucinogenic drug entered Mandalore's atmosphere on Election Day.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    We will have Gascon and WAC on the cover :p

Seerow likes this.
  25. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I
    I want Pre Viszla's Head on the cover.

Seerow likes this.