main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.16 - Lawless - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    No, of course it's bad, but the other choice, is worse.

There is no good and bad choices sometimes, only bad and worse.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I addressed that in the edited version of my last post.

ANYTHING is better than calling Obi-Wan.

Understood.

3. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Not just Obi Wan, the Jedi, mostly.

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Wow.

Just wow.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

K'Kruhk and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    As we can see, the Jedi mostly decided to do NOTHING, one of them came to rescue but still could not put down the discipline, thus Mandalore is covered in fire and death now.

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't think he's trolling or taking the **** or whatever. I used to, but he's too consistent.

I wish he were, now I feel bad for getting such amusement from him before. :S

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    So?

V-2 , I'm back and forth between amusement and annoyance. Forcing myself to lean towards the amusement side.

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Wait, so saying Jedi aren't always the best choice is trolling?

So compare to that, let CIS involve to maintain peace, stop this civil conflict, remove Maul from power and keep herself alive, is better for her belief and her people.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "The Jedi aren't always the best choice"? Nah, not trolling.

Saying that Satine should sell herself to a Sith Lord as his *****?
    Saying that unemotional people are evil?
    Missing the sarcasm in my statement about allowing Palpatine to use the Death Star on Mandalore and agreeing that that would be better than calling the Jedi?

I don't know what you're getting at, if you aren't trolling.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  10. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    No not at all. I started typing that post before I saw the most recent exchanges. I'm talking about the monolithic obsession with Satine in general. No offence.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Mars457

Mars457 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 3, 2013
    This is almost a comedy.

We just need a really campy gay guy to walk by and go "Oh, you!"

In the interest of changing the subject, I'd like to say that the episode was great, but the pacing sucked. I would have preferred that this episode be split into two, with the Twilight being destroyed and Obi-Wan and Satine being captured as the end of the first part. The rapid pacing makes it so we're missing out on a lot of scenes which would have been nice. A conversation between Satine and Bo-Katan, for starters.

We probably could have taken an episode from the previous arc. That idiot space frog wasn't using it properly, anyways. God, that arc was a joke. I really want the real Delta Squad (of clone commandos) to come by and kick their asses.

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    When there is no better choice, it's reasonable for a politician.

The most unemotional individuals in SW history I've seen are mostly Sith, such as Sith Emperor, Darth Jadus and Darth Plagueis.

It got nothing to do with the topic so I didn't take a look.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Slowpokeking: I rest my case. I'm done here.

Mars457: I agree. Shades of Reason might not have looked like a 12-year-old wrote it, if it had been split into two parts, and Lawless could have been split as well, although it was a much better episode.

I still don't know what the point was of that droid arc, other than some fan must have demanded some R2 action, and Gregor was interesting.

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    To be fair, Anakinfan (while I do agree with you), the theory is it's better to stay alive to fight another day. If that means inviting the CIS to take over Mandalore, well, at least Mandalore isn't ablaze in civil war and flames.

I totally think, as well, that said poster is totally missing/ignoring/doesn't understand your "be his *****" so that is going over his head.

I think what is missing from "that line" of discussion is that Satine is such a principled, pacifist ruler, that she wouldn't even consider throwing her lot in with unprincipled knaves - the cost to her would be greater than she is willing to pay, even for Mandalore.

(By the way, what does "=B" mean?)

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's fine, and I still don't agree--giving a real-life example, I don't agree with the US's historical tendencies to play the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" game, such as allying itself with both Francisco Franco and Osama Bin Laden against the Soviets. (Look how well that turned out on the latter end.)

And it doesn't matter, because Satine was completely spineless in this arc so Mandalore was ****ed anyway. All the Black Sun and the Pyke clan had to do was say "Neener neener" and she and her pathetic "squadron" ran away screaming.

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, to fight would be to violate her no-fighting rules...:rolleyes:

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Also, it's not like Satine must obey Dooku all the way, once Mandalore joined CIS, then the Republic and Jedi could get involved, she could secretly contact with the Jedi and the Republic, use them to weaken CIS' control over Mandalore, then declare independence again when the time is right. Use both the Jedi and the Sith to restore peace and true independence, that would make her a great character.

18. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Uh huh, get the CIS on planet, call in the Republic, have another war take place - yeah, I can see peacenik Satine going for that. Not. Not in her character.

19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It's not like there must be a big war, but she could keep it in small scale conflicts such as Onderon to limit the casualties.

Yeah, she's too ideal, and idiotic in this arc.

20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I actually really like the pace. I love dense writing and I really thought this story benefited from it. I far prefer to be left wanting more, rather than underwhelmed.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    And this thread just set the episode thread record for most comments.

This thread would like to thank Seerow for creating it, Slowpokeking for his many provocative comments and TCW for having Sidious, Maul, Savage, Kenobi and two factions of Mandalorians fighting in one episode.

22. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    This is a fun line of AUness with Dooku coming to the planet's aid ... but, thinking back to S.2, Satine's use of the Jedi worked. Mandalore did stay neutral, Death Watch was ousted for the time being, and so, being human *GFFA human, anyway* she sought to use what worked before. It all blew up in her face, however.

23. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    [face_dancing] (At the record)

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    That's because the situation wasn't that bad, and most importantly, she was still the leader of Manadalore rather than got overthrew already.

25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I was just doing my job guys. Well done with the discussion. -Fists bumps- For everyone!

I think I passed 8,000 in this thread.

pronker likes this.