main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.16 - Lawless - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Minor technical note. Am I the only one that noticed Bo-Katan lost a piece of her armor plating between the last episode and this one? In the previous episode she had three plates of armor across the front of her lower abdomen, but in this episode it looks like she lost the one on her right side.

Now there's going to be some small, little part of me wondering what happened to it.

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Lazy animators? You'll notice clones losing their helmets in some episodes.

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Maybe it got blasted off somewhere. Her awesomeness is not lessened by it!

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Awesome. You had me at "but I'm going to tell it to you anyway"

[face_rofl]

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Guys, lay off prodding other members, thank you much.

I didn't notice that at all. Good eye. Maybe it got damaged in the escape during "Shades of Reason" or while fighting off screen before "Lawless" starts, showing she and her rebels have been in several fights.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  6. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    That's what I assumed, that they were trying to give the impression of damage from battle. Notice how we never see her helmet again, either, after the skirmish at the docks while trying to get Satine out of Sundari?

Seerow likes this.
  7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yep, And that was cool. I liked her helmetless in battle.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  8. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    You know I can't really find Deathwatch that nasty after seeing Landing Permit Guy, who's pretty chill about his job, or Elevator Authorization Guy, who's being smarter than the average goon but still relaxed and confident.

rumblewagon likes this.
  9. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I liked that scene at the docking bay and in the elevator, I found them quite funny with the ship falling apart and the elevator Mando acting so casual.

10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I appreciated that they didn't go overboard with the Mauldalore crap. As Mandalore, he didn't really do anything, leaving the duties to the much better suited Almec. It didn't cause as much of an impact as I thought it would, and I like that.

rumblewagon likes this.
  11. SaucySarlaac

SaucySarlaac Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    I thought the fight between Sidious, Maul and Savage was amazing, but I disliked Sidious using two lightsabers.

For a Sith in hiding, Sidious appears to have a massive stash of lightsabers. Granted they have small hilts, but it looks like he has three now (if you note the colours of the hilts are different. Vs Mace he uses the electrum plated one, retrieved from a statue in his office by burning it out which he loses and then the black hilted one against Yoda in the Senate).

It seems he has two of the black hilted ones. I know its minor, but it kind of bugs me!

12. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Is that EU information? Because if it is, it has to be taken with the normal EU grain of salt. Certainly, no one at Lucasfilm - and sure as hell nobody at Disney - is going to feel very bound by it.

V-2 likes this.
  13. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    SaucySarlaac The episode guide says they are intended to be the two lightsabers he uses in Ep3. Continuity-wise, that's just a production error. After all, there can only be two. ;)

14. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I lol'd.

15. SaucySarlaac

Nov 7, 2012
    Hi,

Apologies, I didn't see the episode guide. Will make sure I read it before complaining lol... sorry!

07jonesj likes this.
  16. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    No need to apologise, the trivia isn't exactly in the most obvious place. Very easy to miss. :)

SaucySarlaac likes this.
  17. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    I thought the lightsaber hidden in a statue was from the novelization of ep. 3.

18. SaucySarlaac

Nov 7, 2012
    I thought the lightsaber hidden in a statue was from the novelization of ep. 3.

Yes, it was from the novelisation.

If I remember correctly it was a statue of sistros and it was made of a dense metal with a cavity in it. Sidious sealed the lightsaber inside the statue in order to have it evade detection from the security scans. When he came to need it, he activated it using the force and watched it burn itself out of the statue. He then hid it up his sleeve.

19. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm curious where the cavity was located on the statue of sistros.

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The whole statue thing always sounded really stupid to me. When is he ever going to need his lightsaber unless he's exposed (or apparently going after Maul)? Where was the other one? What were the chances that he was going to get as much of a heads up on the Jedi coming to arrest him? If they did show up unexpectedly, what makes him think that he'll be able to get to the statue and retrieve his lightsaber?

Sitara likes this.
  21. SaucySarlaac

Nov 7, 2012
    It doesn't say in the novel, but I would imagine it would be in the base, running vertically. Since the statue is actually quite small, just a guess though

22. SaucySarlaac

Nov 7, 2012

Hmm, I do agree with you. Also, where was the cloak? can you imagine someone finding that bad boy and saying 'ooh, is this for a funeral?' ;)

I like the idea of it being smuggled in, but not sealed in, like you say, what about emergencies and what about the spare lightsaber? Perhaps the best thing was that it was small and made to be used with one hand. This gave Sidious a unique lightsaber to counter the double bladed and curve hilt lightsabers of Maul and Dooku.

23. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I find all the obsession with military technology a massively boring distraction, to be perfectly honest.

24. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    One of the things I loved about this arc (including Revival) is how it rewarded fans who have followed the series since season 1. Lots of fun nods to past episodes, but none of them felt forced to me. Some of the nods even strengthened past episodes.

The whole arc obviously continues the Savage/Maul/Nightsisters story which spanned the past three seasons. Revival continued Hondo's story and tied in the events of the Young Jedi arc and the results of Hondo's actions in the Dooku Captured two-parter. Then we had the Death Watch story continuing with the final three episodes of the arc, which tied in with Satine's story as well as several side characters from The Academy and Corruption (the latest episodes actually improved Corruption for me, as the payoff of Prime Minister Almec taking charge was a great bit in The Lawless). We also had, of course, multiple Bounty Hunters from past episodes, the Hutt Grand Council returning, a last hurrah for the Twilight and a clever use of the Rako Hardeen costume.

Really, this is the sort of stuff I love seeing from TCW. It really tied together the series, and made me even go back and watch past episodes that I haven't seen in years.

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, picking up where past episodes left off is something that fans have been calling for for years, a lot of the early stories were abandoned.

Definitely a good move.

Valairy Scot likes this.