main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.16 - Lawless - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 30, 2013.

1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    (ib4 lol it's just fanservice)

2. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    The neutral systems dont seem too big a deal to me, it isn't like oh Mandalore does x so will we, and surely they were behind Satine cause she's so 'neutral' [what makes a man turn neutral :p] , Almec won't be.

3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

One word: Talzin. He knows that Maul couldn't have survived being cut in half by himself, or at least save himself from the pathetic existence he must have found himself after TPM. Everything I've gathered is that Talzin is almost as strong as Sidious, Dooku would be no match for her.. I believe he wants Maul to bring him to Talzin to deal with her, so no more dead Sith come back to try to ruin his plans, as I also think that Talzin brought Maul and Savage into the equation to bring Sidious out of hiding under his guise as the Supreme Chancellor to face her.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    don't be hating :p

5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Wow? I thought it's going to air tomorrow right?

6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would think that Sidious knows of Talzin. Probably not through Dooku, since Dooku would then be at risk of Sidious discovering his treachery. But the Jedi seem to keep the Chancellor up to speed on on what they're doing, like when he's consulted regarding Maul at the end of Revival. I would think that Sidious is aware that there is a Nightbrother names Savage running around from Talzin's clan, and when he sees Savage next to Maul I would think that it would click that Talzin likely has something to do with Maul as well. I don't know that he would need Maul for anything, since Maul doesn't even know who Talzin is. But Savage does.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Sidious later told Vader, if Dooku won he would let Dooku kill him.

If Dooku is more powerful than Maul, then he should prove it, that's the logic of the Sith.

Sidious was busy killing his master at that time and had to attend Naboo's meeting. He was a bit surprised when he heard Maul got "killed" then came up with the plan of Dooku and Anakin.

No way, Sidious can destroy fleets in seconds with his Force Storm, Talzin never showed such power, even could not go against GG's troops when she had so many allies on her side. She owned Dooku also by some hex, not real fight.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I eagerly await your review.

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It airs tomorrow in the U.S.

10. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Why should he waste his time? One is a 20-30 something year old Zabrak that lost his second confrontation with Jedi, was cut in half and went insane for 10 years and has now taken an apprentice of his own - an open challenge to Sidious. Whereas Dooku has decades of experience under his belt, owned Anakin and Obi-Wan and managed to hold off Yoda. Sidious even states in the trailer v.o. that there can only be two and Maul is no longer his apprentice. There doesn't seem to be any interest in taking Maul back. His position has been filled and Sidious seems to make it clear that Maul is not Dooku's match. If he was, then he'd still be the apprentice.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Sith Lightning vs. Green Witch magic! There wouldn't be enough electricity in the galaxy to electro-shock me back into coherence.

12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Didn't Talzin destroy like half the droid fleet by throwing green lightning at them? A Talzin v. Sidious duel would be pretty sweet.

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes I agree, so why not send Dooku to deal with Maul?

Also, Maul obviously got no interest to serve Talzin.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  14. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Any number of reasons:

1. Maul cheated death. Sidious might want to see how.
    2. As KED12345 points out, which also ties into #1, maybe Sidious wants to use Maul to get to Talzin. Maybe he sees that Maul is a symptom of a bigger threat.
    3. Maybe he does want to use Maul secretly for something, in which case Dooku can't find out.
    4. There is the danger of Dooku, Savage and Maul plotting behind Sidious' back. There is a Rule of Two for a reason and Sidious apparently wants to make sure it's restored and is willing to go take care of it himself.
    5. By taking out Maul and Savage he can leave Mandalore wide open to be annexed by the Republic, if he sees value in that. If the CIS deals with them, then those systems are liable to go to the CIS.

15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    1 2 3
    No, he clearly said "Your existence is now perfectly meaningless" when he shot out his lightning upon the already badly injured Maul.
    4 He didn't even have a problem in EP 5 when Luke became a real threat, there are too many hate between the three to let them form tight alliance together.
    5 They did join the CIS.

I dislike it because it's not Sidious' style and it's more interesting to see how Dooku and Anakin interact with Maul when they meet each other and think of the scar Maul left in their heart, we never got a chance to see it.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Airs on Friday in Canada

possibly

17. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Something similar is said in regards to Starkiller, it doesn't mean anything. Starkiller was ridiculed as being worthless, yet in the DS ending he becomes Vader's successor.

ESB is different as I've already explained. Palpatine needed to exploit Vader's relationship to Luke in order to turn him. And Vader DID try to plot against Palpatine. Citing ESB hurts your argument. Vader DID try to betray Palpatine. Who's to say that Dooku, Savage and Maul wouldn't as well? There is zero basis for the claim that they hate each other too much. Anakin hated Palpatine and flat out tells him to his face that he'd like to kill him... then he's his apprentice.

Dooku tells Savage that he will become as powerful as Darth Maul and then together they will take on Sidious and rule the galaxy. And yet when he's face to face with the real Maul AND Savage, he's suddenly going to kill both of them because he hates them? He hates Sidious too, he WANTS to kill Sidious, Sith are SUPPOSED to hate each other. Hate fuels the strength of the Sith. All of them hate each other. Hate gives them strength. I don't see how there could be such a thing as them hating each other too much.

And Mandalore is not part of the CIS at this time.

Original Oatmeal and DavidIX like this.
  18. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    He does, they met in Restraint, Sidious knows of her connection to Maul.

Dark Empire? [face_laugh]

That line doesn't prove your point.

If it were true, then Sidious would have killed Maul at the end.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh come on man, don't leave me hanging like that! I need to know if this episode gets your personal seal of approval. Your opinions influence a league of over 2,000 neutral members here.

20. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    DS ending is non canon.

Sidious could also exploit Dooku's hate to kill Maul. And Luke refused to join his father and almost got killed, why would Dooku, Maul and Savage agree to work together? That's what Palpatine's good at, he knew people's emotion well, that's why he could manipulate others so well. That's why he could destroy the PT Jedi.

Because Savage already betrayed him, Dooku hates betrayal a lot, he told Qui Gon of it and was unwilling to do it when he did to AV. He also hates Maul for obvious reason. Also Savage got no purpose to serve Dooku again, nor would Maul want to obey Dooku, and Dooku surely won't obey them, without a leader it's going no where, not to say they won't trust each other.

21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He was doing it and the book ended here.

He stretched out his fingers and the energy tore through Maul again. Sidious watched the lightning build in intensity, his eyes unblinking, his teeth gritted in a triumphant, terrible smile.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    lol, i'll make sure i give a review

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Is this the last episode in the arc?

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Thank you.