main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.17 - Sabotage - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    Well you can't do that and then not tell us your theory....:)

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I highly doubt they will kill off Ahsoka this season, I mean she's one of the biggest parts of the show that makes people watch it, especially the younger audience (mostly girls), which is a huge part in the marketing, and I'm sure they wouldn't just let Ashley go with one or more seasons still to come. Ventress on the other hand isn't as big in the show and it wouldn't effect the show as much, it'd just be another Vizsla, Satine and Savage incident, and that would end her storyline. Rex is the same with Ahsoka, except he's who the younger boys like and one of the reasons they watch it, and I'm sure there's so much more that can be done with Rex. If anyone were to die, I'd put my money on Ventress.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  3. Retro_Saber

Retro_Saber Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2012
    Ashoka has already proven herself to be the antithesis of a Mary-Sue during her rebellious-arc with Anakin. She's matured in a very detailed and unsimplistic manner.

Right now I just want to see Anakin and Ashoka work together again. In some ways, I find their dynamic more interesting than the Obi-Wan Anakin relationship.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I do like the sound of this. This arc will be a psychological thriller.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    If I'm thinking the same as you, Anakinfan, I do hope Obi-Wan is not one of the architects of said action.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I hope Palpatine appears in this episode, so we can find out who the new voice actor is!

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    same here

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Alrighty then.

Disclaimer: Not a spoiler. This theory falls under the category of "anakinfan pulled it completely out of her ass based on a line of Yoda's in TCW movie and a few scenes in season 2."

With that out of the way, let's proceed.

The line of Yoda's was repeated in the trailer, along the lines of Anakin eventually needing to learn to let go of his Padawan.

We also see that (spoiler tagging here just in case)

Ahsoka is in trouble, Anakin (I believe) says something about how Jedi sometimes disappoint, and the Council refuses to send Anakin after Ahsoka because they say that he is too attached to her to do what needs to be done.

My theory is, or was, that the Council reassigns Ahsoka and sends her away from Anakin, refusing to allow them contact again, because Anakin is "too attached" to her. It would make sense in the context of ROTS, although it is strange that Palpatine doesn't mention it, and it would certainly drive a rift between Anakin and the Council.

But if Mace is saying that Anakin is too attached to do what needs to be done, I have to wonder if the Jedi have to have her killed for some reason. It doesn't seem like something the Jedi would do but that line was weird.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    possible theory, Ahsoka dies and Anakin and Palps are having a conversation and Palps frames the Jedi for killing her, putting more distrust with the Council and Anakin

eht13 likes this.
  10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Who is the "our" in this?

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Me and those who agree with me. ;)

And then there are those of you who were on the other side of the debate in that long-ass thread on this topic a few months ago, on the temp boards maybe?

JackG, ImNotAStarWarsFanboy and eht13 like this.
  12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    "Me and those who agree with me. ;)" LOL![face_laugh]
    I think the Mary-Sueish debate constantly rises up again and again.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    One thing we can agree on I hope: let's not have it again.

My point was that from the looks of that trailer, I don't think Ahsoka is saving the day this time.

Order66Survivor and rumblewagon like this.
  14. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I was thinking something more along that line of thought...

I almost got the feeling that not only did Ahsoka get framed for the bombing but that in her pursuit of the real culprit, she became entangled in another crime and framed for that as well with evidence that pointed directly to Ahskoa (some of you may remember the fact I brought up not too long ago about Ventress having Ahsoka's lightsaber on her belt in the S5 trailer). My thought is that this would give the Council a "clear" view of Ahsoka as the culprit and that she was more dangerous than they realized.

Also, if this line is said after the trial that we see in the arc trailer and she's already shown that she could evade a legal trial, it could give them a reason to declare her "extremely dangerous - shoot (or kill) on sight."

The other possibility is that Palpatine has passed a statute (such as with Order 66) that states that if a single Jedi turns against the Republic, they should be executed (immediately, on-sight, in the field, etc.). This could result in the Council trying to adhere to that statute when she is "proven" to be a traitor by sending someone to hunt her down and defeat her - the Job would then be given to Anakin and he wouldn't be able to do it, resulting in Mace making the statement.

15. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    I recomend you to read Star Wars: Republic 64 - Bloodlines.
    there´s why and when the Red Guards appeared.

16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Didn't Palpatine have the Red Guards before AotC? I swear they were in the Senate when Granta Omega pulled his stunt.
    Edit: it's a flashback to 32BBY :oops:

Order66Survivor and Samayel_ like this.
  17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If he is perhaps he feels he has to because of his position, but inwardly he's secretly supporting Anakin's actions?

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Man, I hope some of your guys' theories about this arc are right. We need something big to happen with some of these characters soon (sorry Ahsoka, especially looking at you).

19. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Is he acknowledged as Yularen in ANH script or cast?

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm really hoping that Obi-wan is not behind the plot myself. Sure he was mastermind of the Rako Hardeen arc but lets see Mace and Yoda get their hands dirty.

21. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I feel like this should've aired before the Maul arc..

Paparazzo likes this.
  22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Hopefully this Arc is great as the Maul Arc

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hopefully this arc is even better than the Maul arc. That's a tough task but ideally every arc should be better than the last.

25. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm kind of unsure about this arc. The premise sounds decent but does it have to be about Ahsoka? I have nothing against her or anything but is she really the best person to have the finale arc about?

Is Padme set to be in this arc? She hasn't been on the show this whole season. She was shown in the trailer.