main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.19 - To Catch a Jedi - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 21, 2013.

1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'd much rather the arc end more like that than by Ahsoka getting completely exonerated. It would mean actual character development instead of everything being magically reset back to how it was at the start. Yes I am still grumpy over the Citadel arc.

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Dude, they got codes! To hyperspace lanes! Dude!

The worst thing is they then basically did the same thing in the D-Squad arc. McGuffin's suck on this show.

3. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Echo died for nothing. Also, Delta Squad kicks D-Squad's ass. And there's practically nothing to talk about except compare our expectations to former disappointments, so try me.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  4. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Evan Piell died too. :p

5. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Not to mention Random Naval Officer Clones #1 through #4.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Everyone who died in that arc died for nothing. Literally, that entire mission was completely pointless. They didn't rescue the Jedi and they can't use the codes because they can't get both holders to share their half of the information. Complete waste of time.

7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'll admit I enjoy that arc though. The action is pretty cool, and Tarkin's dialogue is as delicious as it is now.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Can't wait for this episode!

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Action scenes are overrated, there's like three ****ing STAP battles and they're all the same. Jedi hijacks one and the others get shot down, no good guys die. Tarkin's role had potential but they wasted it by making the dialogue so vague. Not to mention repeating it. There's about three or four debates over the course of the arc and they all say the same two ****ing lines. "We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers," and, "The Jedi Code stops us from going far enough to achieve victory." Literally, that's all the debates in a nutshell. At no point does anyone explain what the **** they even mean by that.

10. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    I admit I was a little disappointed with Tarkin in the 'Citadel' arc. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy hit the nail on the head when he described him as too "vague". But this current arc has really made him what I had hoped he would be back in the Citadel episodes. Deliciously antagonistic.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Evan Piell and Echo died in the Arc

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm talking specifically about the STAP battles there, but now that you mention it there was a pajama clone that got hit in the third such skirmish IIRC.

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I think Ahsoka and Ventress should become like Thelma and Louise.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    A better ending for them I hope, but otherwise that would be absolutely ****ing awesome.

Ahsoka to Ventress: "You decapitate a man with his pants down, believe me, the Outer Rim isn't the place you want to get caught."

Ventress to Ahsoka: "You finally got laid properly. I'm so proud."

...and "You've always been crazy, this is the first chance you've gotten to express yourself."

Ahsoka to Ventress: "You could park your speeder in the shadow of Obi-Wan's ass."

Ahsoka: "I know it's crazy, but I just feel like I've got a knack for this ****."
    Ventress: "I believe you do."

15. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Next thing you know this show will be picked up by DiC and any forms of attraction between these two will be cousin love.

Coric and Seerow like this.
  16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Actually Darth Xalfrea DiC didn't dub Sailor Moon S. =b

I like the Citadel arc just fine. Its not an arc I find to be particularly noteworthy for anything other than Echo's death within the overall clone arc. It introduced some cool character. It had some cool action scenes and some cool interactions between Anakin and Tarkin. Perhaps because like the Droid arc its got a MacGuffin plot except I'm stupidly still waiting for a follow up.

17. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    That's the tragedy. It was the conclusion of his character arc from overly cautious cadet to an ARC who gambles too far. He still fails to appropriately adapt to the situation, which costs him his life and the mission's chances of success.

He posthumously attains the ultimate dishonour for a clone. No wonder Fives is so edgy after that.

18. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I thought Fives was edgy because he got no character development until after they killed off the interesting clone. At least he's got something now. For god's sake, he wasn't even given time to grieve.

19. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    He was given enough time to grieve, IMO. A wistful look back past the camera was enough, combined with a distinct change in attitude in the prior scene and through the Umbara arc.

Beforehand, Fives was already aggressive ("My blood is boiling for a fight!" he claims at the Second Battle of Kamino) and he became much more cynical after Echo's death. Naturally, the series kept the focus among the Domino clones on Echo in S3, but Fives became a lot more than the relative blank slate he was in Rookies at the beginning of S3, I'd argue.

Granted, this isn't the Fives thread or one directly related to any of the Citadel episodes, but whatever.

20. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    I always took the pointlessness of Echo's death to be...well...the point.

Same with Waxer. They died so that we could see a character we knew fall victim to the futility of war, and to feel some measure of the pain caused by the seeming pointlessness of it. Not everyone gets to pull a Hardcase or a Hevy.

21. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    When I first saw it, i completely agreed with this ^. I still feel like its refering to Asajj because thats the most obvious - but what's odd is her episode bio...it seems to imply that things start poor and end well between Ahsoka and Asajj. But yet the fortune cookie makes it sound like she shouldn't trust her. I'm confused.

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Maybe Ahsoka ends up committing questionable acts in her quest for evidence? That would explain why Ahsoka was wrong to join up with Asajj, but they are on good terms.

rumblewagon likes this.
  23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Waxer's death is the fulfillment of "Innocents of Ryloth" 's fortune cookie, "The true cost of war can never truly be accounted for". The pointlessness was that point, his death in the friendly fire incident was absolutely needless. Echo's death was pointless as well but Echo died because of his own terrible decision. Fives had always has a personality in my opinion, he's always had fire in his eyes which is why he clashed with Hevy. However its Echo that gave him his, "Not just another numbers." attitude and made him so protective of his brothers to the point of dissention and most of all of Rex. Oh man. Somebody find the "Fives, FTW!" Thread. My blood is boiling for a debate on my buddy Fives... who is not in season 5 dammit.

Well back to this episode. Wolffe is in this episode. Its gonna be fun watching Wolffe hunting 'lil Soka. I wonder how Plo is going to be coping with this situation. He almost seem like Ahsoka's uncle at times.

24. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    Agreed wholeheartedly - and nice point on the IoR fortune cookie.

As for Wolffe and Plo, I'm really starting to think a Plo/Wolffe/Ventress confrontation might be on the cards. Simultaneously a homage and callback to the TCW comic where Ventress and Plo duelled, and Wolffe lost his eye to her.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  25. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    This just made me think of the "Girls Night Out" episode of BTAS with harley quinn and poison ivy....except for the kissing part - but i could see ventress as a poison ivy type..

Unless its a cliffhanger - then it could go another episode or two into S6 (that's where my money is right now - i'm betting on a 5 episode arc)

This is one reason for my theory - Because This arc is supposed to be a cliffhanger straddling the end of S% and beginning of S6

Order66Survivor likes this.