main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Definitely agree here. My interest in Ahsoka has always been in how she relates to Anakin.

Kal La Kai likes this.
  2. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
  3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Bombing the Temple would have been just as in character for Yaddle as it was for Barriss.

Barriss_Coffee and Yodaminch like this.
  4. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
  5. Kal La Kai

Kal La Kai Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2013
    Yep, exactly how I feel. It's fun seeing how he deals with a younger, reckless version of himself. I will miss the master/padawan moments but hopefully those will be replaced with Anakin/Obi-wan moments! The banter between them is just pure gold.

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I rather think they just did. Barriss rails against the dark side in her speech.

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Umm...this:
    [​IMG]
    It really shows that they don't really care about the costs for telling Ahsoka's story.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    We're going to get along just fine. ;)

Welcome to LACWAC.

AkashKedavra_93 and Kal La Kai like this.
  9. Kal La Kai

Mar 3, 2013
    Aww thank you. =) I have to say that this community is the best I've ever seen. Cheers for Anakin!

10. DARTH_small_paw

DARTH_small_paw Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    For me what this episode was sorely lacking was surprise. I'm not talking about spoilers (though there were many) but the nature of how this episode itself played out was predictable. I feel like a restructuring of the arc with the first and second episodes condensed into one with more time allotted for Anakin's investigation, the Jedi Council's response, development of Barriss' character, and both trials (Jedi and military) would benefit the story greatly. The final episode felt rushed and I would have preferred more development of the elements I mentioned above. Barriss being the culprit was something I inferred from that first look she gave in "Sabotage" but that still didn't make me genuinely believe in her motives. Maybe if she had been in league with someone who we know to be more powerful I would have believed it but I just can't picture how Barriss managed to pull off all the mystery in "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" and apparently the creators can't either because there was no explanation whatsoever of how Barriss managed that. I think there was just a lack of mystery. My own eagerness to watch episode to episode came from a concern for the fate of Ahsoka not over a genuine sense of "how did THAT happen" in regards to the plot. Despite all of this I still award the episode a solid 9/10 but with the weight of the story they were telling it could have easily been an 11/10

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
  12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm 50 gazillion years old, beat that.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  14. HallowedPhoenix

HallowedPhoenix Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 18, 2013
    You're forgetting the part where Barriss includes herself in the same group of people that she feels need to be hung. She doesn't say "they need to be put on trial!" she says "WE deserve to be put on trial! All of us!". It's clear Barriss hates what the Jedi order has become, and that hatred extends to herself. She hates that the jedi have fostered this cycle of violence of which she is now a victim to.

Barriss is not a Saturday morning cartoon villain (well, she is, but only in the literal sense, not in the mad laughter cackling 'doing it for the lulz' sense). She's not doing this because she likes being evil, because she likes hurting people. She clearly feels regret, you see it on her face when they lay her friend to rest, and again with that last look she gives Ahsoka before the guards take her away. She hates that she's been forced to be a soldier when she wants to be a peacekeeper, but as a soldier is what she's been turned into and that's all she feels she has to use to effect change (ironically, or perhaps consequently as a result of the Order itself being shown willing to resort to violence to make its point and by fighting in the war). She doesn't like it, it's clearly tearing her apart to hurt the people she cares for, but she can't let it go on, either. I think this is especially clear with how she refers to the sabers suiting her, she's saying she knows she's become a murderous brute, Barriss clearly is not denying that. She knows she's just as bad as the rest of the Jedi, and again, her speech confirms this.

Barriss hates the Jedi, and more importantly, she hates herself. And what's more, she is right. The Order is corrupt, none of the Masters can even look at her while she says it. They are bent to a corrupt senate controlled by a corrupt leader, and have so lost their way they can't even see that they're being used in a manner that is so against their core ideals, which are not of war, but of peace. This hate extends to Barriss, who at this point is so sick of what she sees in the mirror that she easily volunteers that she too, deserves to hang. The only reason she went to such lengths to hide her tracks, I think, was because she intended to continue her attacks until the point got across, hence why there were so many more explosives in hiding in that warehouse.

In any event, I hope to see Barriss in the future. This line of thought is too interesting and has too much potential to just abandon.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Of course you don't know what happens to Yaddle, Filoni, you don't follow the EU. ;)

Mia Mesharad and rumsmuggler like this.
  16. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Like I mentioned before, I always saw Ahsoka as an "accessory" to Anakin. Just a sidekick. But this episode turned me in to an Ahsoka fan. Looking back on all the episodes she was in means more to me now.

For once my interest has changed from Anakin, TO Ahsoka. I consider Anakin a walking dead man now. The last turning point before ROTS has happened: losing his Padawan. Another female he cares deeply about, gone. His fate is sealed. My interest in him is done. I'll watch episodes with him, but I'm turning to Ahsoka for hope.

Ahsoka represents life and hope to me now. I care more of her fate, since I already know Anakin's... I hope she lives on. I consider her the "new hope" character in Star Wars. We all know the Jedi Temples fate, the Republic's fate. I don't want the same old Jedi/Rpublic stories. I want new ones. I think Ahsoka can be that direction.

17. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Welcome Kal La Kai! I just realized it's your first day.

This place is the best. Sure we all don't agree, but it's a place we can all come and share in SW.

I don't personally know any fans as die hard as me, that's why I come here!

Kal La Kai likes this.
  18. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    It would be difficult in this media to portray, but they perhaps were communing in the Force?

-Can you believe this ****

-This is why I don't like politicians
    -I can't hear with all this echo
    -Poor kid to think I brought her to the Temple for this

Kal La Kai likes this.
  19. Kal La Kai

Mar 3, 2013
    Why do you have to keep bringing up such good points?! :p Again, you brought up something I hadn't realized. Anakin has finally lost his padawan but there might yet be story to be told in terms of how his character deals with the loss, right? I imagine Anakin will find something reckless to do with his time now that he has no padawan to train.

I think that's another reason why seeing Ahsoka go was so sad. She was the only 'coming-of-age' character on the show. In 5 years she had gone through so much character development and we got to see her grow from a young padawan to a mature young lady.

On the other hand, I don't know if I could grow tired of Anakin's story, even if one the main tipping points of his story is now over. TCW is really the only time we get to see him as a hero. He's happy and always playing a heroic role and many admire him. Now that season 5 is over I think we might start seeing his anger seep out a little. But then again I'm not so sure because in the beginning of ROTS things seemed okay between him and Obi-wan.

AkashKedavra_93 and phatdude1138 like this.
  20. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    She really looks like Lola Bunny.

AkashKedavra_93 and BW2 like this.
  22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    What am I seeing here? Is that a bomb in her hands?

23. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    its her baby.

from yoda :p

[face_laugh]

The Shadow Emperor and JasonW like this.
  24. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Wow. Apparently there's some doubt as to whether the series will return for another season. But even if it doesn't I could hardly be disappointed with this as the finale. Powerful storytelling indeed, and I'm doubly glad they didn't kill Ahsoka off. TCW has earned its place alongside the films as a worthy entry in the saga. My congratulations to the team!

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    55 gazillion years old!

AW, really - is the Council that aware that the government is that corrupt? As I said before, in-universe it is more so than ever, but no government is free of corruption. They have no idea the Republic is led by a corrupt leader.

And, as they thought, to abandon the citizens of the Republic to the depradations of the CIS by sitting out the war is just as immoral as fighting to end the damn war as soon as possible to limit the damage.

Idealistic fools...they really got played by events.

Personally, I would love it if this led to a dialogue ON SCREEN about the cost and benefit and the consequences.

Mia Mesharad and GGrievous like this.