main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    ...in Episode VII (fingers crossed).

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm all for 100 more episodes of TCW. I think that discussion needs to be move to the TCW General Thread or into a new thread however. Cool interview and I'm again positive about TCW future. So I'll focus and this episode and hope it turns out better than I'm expecting.

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    See, this is where I would challenge Filoni. Instead of putting your head up in the clouds and riffing on all the possibilities of Clone Wars era stories, he and his team need to FOCUS and bring the important original character stories to a satisfying end. In addition I believe they'd want to finish their character development of Anakin leading into ROTS and tying up what they want to say about the Clones and Order 66.

A few weeks ago I would have said, OK let's keep all these variety of stories coming, and I still think that would be cool in a different environment, especially if they could continue through ROTS into Dark Times era. The problem is now we don't know what Disney has an appetite for in terms of keeping this show going. So instead of keeping your head in the clouds with "100 more episodes", freakin focus and give us a good ending!

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  5. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Again, I don't want Star Wars on TV to end... but if the Clone Wars doesn't get a proper wrap up of at least a few major character arcs, it'll be worse than Force Unleashed 2's disaster. 100 episodes of "only" clone wars stories not only puts that at risk, but strikes me as beating a dead horse. Do we really want a canceled show with a still LIVING Maul? It hurts the whole saga.

On the other hand, there are countless great stories to be told post ROTS. Seriously, read the Dark Times and Vader comics. Some are flawed, but many are fantastic. Stuff like this on television (and the continuity is much more open-ended so we could avoid some of the worst issues) would be pretty enjoyable.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Looking forward to 100 more episodes, 20 of which are good and 10 of which are necessary at all.

Order66Survivor, Hank Hill and JackG like this.
  7. Master_Gallia

Master_Gallia Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    My objection isn't with Ahsoka at all. Anakin doesn't appear in the OT, Darth Vader does. Anakin is loosely described in the OT but the nature of his fall is left open. That and well, his son's comment about feeling the "conflict in you". TWC Anakin' comes off as NOT conflicted at all, but rather a cross between Han Solo and the Hulk. Each time we see Anakin (or at least each time that comes to mind as I type this), we don't see him pulling back because of any inner conflict or even vague attempt to reconcile his feelings with his training. It's full tilt darkside until (for some reason) he just turns it off.

His TWC portrail leaves me thinking Anakin was just a Badass and you better not get in his way.......I thought that those where Darth Vader traits?

8. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    L
    U
    K
    E
    T
    A
    N
    O

9. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    When this episode is on In Canada I hope one of you can give a very detailed explanation of the episode. :D

10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    In ESB Yoda did call him a Powerful Jedi but with much anger in him
    What we knew from the OT was that he was an idealist who followed Obi-wan on idealistic crusades. A great pilot and a cunning warrior.
    In RTJ he was described as the good man who was your father was destroyed.
    In all films it talks about Vader being seduced by the darkside and it's power, that it can bring.

It is personal preference but I actually much prefer that than the RotS version with him whining that it's unfair when he can't be a Master.

Chainmail_Jedi likes this.
  11. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    I think this thread is getting off topic here.

Order66Survivor and V-2 like this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes it is

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was waiting for a comment about how Obama worships Satan before I said it.

Happy Friday everyone (except for Future-Boy Jack). My kid has his swim championship two hours after this episode airs so yeah...eventful weekend.

T-minus 18 hours to keep hoping I'm wrong.

14. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Stop hoping.

;)

15. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    You monster!

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Guys, lets move the 100 more episodes discussion is here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...ion-thread-spoilers-allowed.20757653/page-999 as I feel this thread is getting off topic with that. Lets also not discuss LukeTano. TY.

I'm only Obi-wan defended Ahsoka. With the way Plo Koon was acting in the last episode I'd have though Plo would stand up for Ahsoka. Man, if I were Ahsoka I'd walk our of this showing everyone my one finger salute.

17. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Sorry.

[face_blush]

I'll be good. Promise.

18. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    She'll be long dead.

19. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Aye, it's true. Obama also kicks puppies just for the fun of it.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  20. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Irregardless of my anxiety on the show's ability to wrap itself up in the next 1 to (ugh) 5 years, I do greatly look forward to tonight/tomorrow's episode. I definitely want to see how Ashoka and Skywalker respond to one another through all this, I want to see what happens with Ventress, and I want to know Offee's fate and see if Luminara makes an appearance at some point. Whatever the case, I do imagine this will be a heck of a season finale. One that I might have even accepted as the series finale if the time had come...

Order66Survivor and rumblewagon like this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    :_|

22. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm calling it now. The season ends with Ahsoka becoming an Alicorn.

23. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    No, she'll move to Mortis and become the new immortal, ageless guardian of the Force to replace the Father. This will allow us to see her again many times in the Sequel Trilogy.

24. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Is "AnakinsOtherSon" LukeTano?

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Dude.

I didn't buy enough beer at the store to deal with that one.

JackG, Heero_Yuy, Nubbs and 3 others like this.