1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

TCW Episode The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. EHT New Films Manager - On Vacation

Manager
    star 6
    My opinion is better than yours. [face_skull]
  2. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
  3. KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Todd the Jedi Mod and Inquisitor of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
  5. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Maybe Eht can check LAMP for fingerprints, then he can have some worthless evidence to go along with his lack of proof. ;)

#:p
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Oct 2, 2013
  6. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of CT, SW Saga and Lucasfilm Ltd

Manager
    star 8
    What if it's all based in fantasy?
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  7. EHT New Films Manager - On Vacation

Manager
    star 6
    OK, you got me... LAMP? :confused:
  8. Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you really love the lamp, or are you just pointing at things and saying you love them?
  9. Todd the Jedi Mod and Inquisitor of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    I LOVE LAMP!

@eht13
    Show Spoiler
  10. EHT New Films Manager - On Vacation

Manager
    star 6
    Ahh, OK... good old Brick Tamland. Loud noises!!
  11. VanishingReality Jedi Knight

star 3
    Legend has it this great man posted some nonsense, and vanished into the night. None dare speak his name. He is...the most interesting man in the world.

"I don't always post unpopular opinions on Star Wars forums.
    But when I do, it's about Barriss Offee.
    Stay psycho, my friend."
    Last edited by VanishingReality, Oct 2, 2013
  12. V-2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey yeah lets spend some pages slapping our internet ****s together.

It was anakinfansince1983 who passionately claimed there was no proof or evidence to support the things I was saying. It was explained to her, then she claimed use of evidence and proof is objectionable in a debate about opinion. Supposedly all opinions are equally valid, but any fool knows that's not the case.
    VanishingReality likes this.
  13. JackG Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Lay down your definitive evidence that Barriss Offee was going to kill innocents from before Season 5, then. Please.
  14. V-2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ummm, she was a child soldier in a galactic war. Are you simple?
    :p

Anyway, I'd prefer it if you provided evidence for your own arguments, demand evidence from those making their own arguments and not try to confuse the two. It's a lot more civil, don't you think?
    Last edited by V-2, Oct 3, 2013
  15. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of CT, SW Saga and Lucasfilm Ltd

Manager
    star 8
    Last edited by anakinfansince1983, Oct 3, 2013
    KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. EHT New Films Manager - On Vacation

Manager
    star 6
  17. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of CT, SW Saga and Lucasfilm Ltd

Manager
    star 8
    He had to love the Death Star. It was right in front of him. Way too easy for him to point at it and say he loved it.
  19. Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You didn't provide anything though. All you did was offer conjecture based on your subjective view points. Nothing substantial. Especially in regards to Barriss being resentful of Ahsoka's relationship with her master. Baffling really.
    JackG and Mia Mesharad like this.
  20. V-2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yet I'm not the only person who watched those episodes to be left with the same impression.

It strikes me that TCW was extensively storyboarded. Every camera angle and every reaction shot was planned in advance, meaning that every piece of non-verbal communication (either between characters or between characters and the camera) is scripted.

It therefore turns into a matter of interpretation of non-verbal cues. I guess some people are less aware of non-verbal (the same people who are more likely to be avid collectors and organisers, if you require more euphemisms for what I'm trying to say, just say so). I suppose some people just have a different interpretation of what those cues mean.

I saw envy on the face of Barriss. What did you see?
    VanishingReality likes this.
  21. Ananta Chetan Jedi Master

star 4
    Did anyone else wonder why we didn't see Luminara make an appearance in the wake of her padawan's downfall?
  22. Togruta Jedi Master

star 4
    ^She was probably off on some mission with somebody else's Padawan. TCW logic. *shrugs*
  23. KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    That is a good question. Luminara stating that she had noticed Barriss slipping closer to the dark side after some big event could have at least partially made up for Barriss turning out of no where.
  24. Ananta Chetan Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe if Luminara had been present it could have easily filled in some of the gaps in Bariss' character development that seems to have left a lot of fans out there unfulfilled...or at least from what I have read on these boards. From the Geonosis arc early on in the series we were shown quite a lot of the discipline she received in her relationship with Luminara. She seemed to be the model padawan. Luminara must have been astonished at some level to see her apparently sudden transformation or she could have revealed the cracks in the veneer that she had been witnessing over the years.
  25. Togruta Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe just a shot of Luminara looking shocked as she watched with the Council would've sufficed. It would've been something at least.