main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's one reason I thought the arc was very poorly planned and Barriss was made the bomber because the writers didn't have another character to fill that spot.

Where the hell was Luminara?

(And hlc88 , I believe you as far as production schedules, but it seems ham-fisted anyway.)

naw ibo likes this.
  2. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, TTYTT, there might be something there in a funny way. Luminara goes off with other people's Padawans and leaves her own neglected. Like Barriss is a Padawan version of a Cuck or something.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Having Luminara around was a type of logic that just didn't fit into this arc.

4. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Fixed.

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I mean, if you're going to screw with the rest of the EU, at least give us a confrontation between Luminara, the Council or Ahsoka, and Barriss. That is one conversation I would like to see, but nope, Barriss is immediately taken off-screen.

Clarification: I don't mean a violent battle, I mean a conversation after Barriss admits she is the bomber.

6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I got the impression that Barriss was a Jedi Knight in the finale arc rather then still being Luminara's Padawan... But I could be wrong.

7. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    It's points like these that shed light on how little thought went into Barriss being the bomber. If the powers that be really knew what they were doing, if they REALLY know Barriss would become this since season 2 as some posters desperately want to be true . . . Luminara would have been there without a doubt!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    She technically is. Barriss is the same age as Anakin, early twenties. She was knighted in the microseries, and with all things being equal, that show's Ilum episodes could have happened between Seasons 2 and 5.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin was knighted in ROTS but can anyone imagine the film not showing Obi-Wan's reaction to his turn?

10. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Maybe it could have been the addition of something as simple as this (in regards to Bariss' downfall):

Luminara: I feel it is my fault for what has transpired here.

Obi-Wan: How could you have known? None of us did.

Luminara: Maybe I did...but my pride blinded me from acknowledging it.

*Obi-Wan gives Luminara a consoling glance*

BookExogorth and JayTee_Erricck like this.
  11. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Kinda makes it sound like it was Luminara's fault. And not sure I'd think of her as someone with pride as a flaw.

12. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Yes, it could probably be something more subtle. I was imagining her comment coming out more from her humility.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I definitely don't see it as Luminara's fault, anymore than Anakin becoming Darth Vader was Obi-Wan's fault.

naw ibo and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It wasn't, but I could see her blaming herself just as Obi-Wan did.

Even if she didn't blame herself, she should have been in the arc.

15. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't see how Luminara blaming herself would make it her fault. I'd say it's a natural response to someone close to you doing something horrific.

16. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I can imagine Luminara being as uncommunicative, stoic and cold as ever on the outside, but regretful and maybe even resentful inside. I doubt she'd have given much away if she had been there. She'd probably just cite some dogma while pretending to be pragmatic, as per usual.

You know, unless they did something wild to make her character more interesting. ;)

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't think anyone was expecting her to explode into tears, they shouldn't expect it because she wouldn't.

I would have been glad to see her cold and stoic, with perhaps just the slightest hint of pain, anger or just stress on her face or in her body language. I would have been glad to hear her recite the Jedi ways and actually be pragmatic, which she is. That's called good characterization and I'm always happy to see it included.

If they would have shown a bit more, an obvious reaction of shock, pain and/or anger, I'd be fine with that too, as long as she didn't become hysterical.

I definitely wouldn't want them to do something wild, that's not in her character, not even over Barriss.

We didn't even get the honor of her presence.

18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Since when did "stoic" - "cold"? They aren't the same, although they might outwardly look the same to some. Stoic is more like "keeping a stiff upper lip."

As for Luminara, you could tell she was being stoic about "losing" Barriss, but she was hardly uncaring.

naw ibo likes this.
  19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Absolutely, and I think she probably did.
    Agreed.

20. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I supposed you mean "=" rather than "-", but I don't know why you think I was saying they were the same. Why didn't you think I was saying that uncommunicative is the same a stoic too? :p

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Hmm, I guess I took it from the first part of your sentence: I can imagine Luminara being as uncommunicative, stoic and cold as ever.

Certainly seemed to mean she was stoic and cold. But if I was wrong, I'm sorry and thanks for clarifying.

22. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    That would've worked for me.

23. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    I just rewatched the final series arc last night and then contemplated starting a thread discussing Palpatine's role in Asoka's Fate but then felt that most of it would be mere speculation. So I will just tack it on here instead and hope it is OK with everyone...

[​IMG] Though we are lead to believe that Barriss acted alone and Tarkin is only a pawn in Palpatine's plan, the end result of the entire situation seems to be in full accord as a vital piece in Palpatine's end game:
    • Sow seeds of discontent between the public and Jedi by tarnishing their reputation and questioning their integrity.
    • Create mistrust and an atmosphere of disloyalty amongst the Jedi themselves.
    • Crush Anakin's heart again to accelerate his future turn to the dark side as well as dispose of his padawan.
    Looking at the end results and then going backwards, I started to question whether Palpatine himself could possibly be responsible for some of the details that lead to the final outcome. Especially some of the devious acts that may have been very difficult and beyond her skills for Barriss to pull off alone and without being detected.
    • Was Barriss powerful enough to force choke someone to death from another location... or could Palpatine have done it himself?
    • The placement of the key card to open Ahsoka's cell?
    • Tarkin seems to be almost salivating at Ahsoka's destruction...what potentially has Palpatine done to fuel this hatred?
    [​IMG]

V-2 and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I absolutely believe Palpatine orchestrated the entire scenario, particularly the Force choking and the key card placement.

As far as Ahsoka, she was on Palpatine's radar due to being Anakin's padawan, and who knows what he told Tarkin.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  25. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Yes, and just recently during the Maul arc we see him force choking to death pairs of Mando body guards with such ease and nonchalance as if he is just walking through the park.