main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Clone Wars...and what this REALLY means.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GhostPoet, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GhostPoet

GhostPoet Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2000
    I'm really looking forward to the Clone Wars cartoon...sadly it's only 3 to 4 mins long per ep...so that means there will be very little plot..probably just lots of fighting.

HOWEVER...that's not the whole deal that's making me excited. It's the fact that they are testing the TV waters.

Anyone who thinks that after EPIII comes out, then it's the end...is a fool. That's not how businesses work...do you really think a business would let a multi-million dollar franchise vanish just because the movies are done? Of course not....it's been said there may be more than 20 episodes now.

Spielberg has even been quoted as saying he'd like to make a few Star Wars films (post-RotJ)

If this new show gets the ratings they think it will (very very high ones no doubt in my mind), then this opens up a new avenue for Star Wars..it's not dying...it's just changing screens. Expect to see a live action series in the near future.

2. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I'd kinda figured that out anyway ;) I think we all know what LFL are like by now.

Although personally, part of me would kind of like EpIII to be the end. Just to 'keep it special'.

EDIT: Sorry, I was typing in a hurry and that first sentence sounded a little arrogant. [face_blush]
    What I meant was, LFL and it's associated companies have a habit of using 'testing grounds' for their forthcoming projects. Cases in point:
    ? Jurassic Park was a testing ground for the effects used in the SW:SE's.

? SW:SE Trilogy was a testing ground for the effects and marketing presence of TPM. (hence the crap Jabba in ANH:SE and the great one in TPM - the same comparison can be made with the TPM and AotC Yoda's)

? The Perfect Storm was a testing ground for the water effects on Kamino in AotC (hence the crap water in the TPM deleted waterfall scene, and Kamino, which looks sweet.)

So yeah, it would seem they certainly have a habit of 'testing the water' before going full-bore with a project. I just don't want to see them turn a magnificent sextet of movies into an eight-season teen-soap. :(

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. GhostPoet

GhostPoet Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2000
    What? You wouldn't wanna see Jedi Academy the series. Join Young Oobeedoobee as he learns the ways of the Force and deals witht he challenges and drama of being a teenager!

<grin>

I doubt they'd do some teen style thing. It would likely be action and take place during the Empire conflict..i'd wager slightly like Earth: Above and Beyond. Only good. :)

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>sadly it's only 3 to 4 mins long per ep...so that means there will be very little plot..<<

You'd be surpised what can be fit into that small amount of time- I've timed portions of Samurai Jack in the past and it was rather surprising to me what they were able to fit in there.

But yeah, given the recent info about the LFL meeting, it looks like there will be definaitely more SW after Episode 3- animated and live action possibly.

I've always hoped for an epic anthological live-action adaptation of the various books and comics, but an original series is fine by me ::)

5. KÃ¥l

KÃ¥l Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2000
    Regarding Star Wars on TV - animation: yes, live-action: no! If there has to be more live-action Star Wars, it has to be movies, I say. TV cannot do Star Wars justice.

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Expect to see a live action series in the near future.
    I have always thought a "Young Indy" style of TV movies would be an interesting way to continue the SW universe after Episode III.

The problem will be, it is doubtful that many/any of the cast from PT will sign up (with maybe the exception of cameo appearances) and many of the stars from OT have moved on with thier careers (and may consider doing "another SW" as a step backwards)

So that leaves 2 possibilities: New Jedi Order (with a few guest appearences) or early Rebellion era...similar to the Rogue/Wraith Squadron series of books.

7. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    In the event of a cartoon series this Clone Wars stuff will seem like a wasted opportunity. That would've been the best time to set a real series, IMO...

8. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    It does make you wonder what will evenutally be on tv and if there are to be any more movies. I sit and wait with anticipation.

9. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Everybody seems to want some TotJ novels, but I think television might be a decent medium for exploring this period.

10. Darth_Klethron

Darth_Klethron Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    I have said numerous times in the past that they could do Episodes VII - IX in CG like Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within, and thus they could retain the voices of the original Actors.

11. Hayato112

Hayato112 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 24, 2001
    I turned on Clone Wars tonight for Chapter 2, because I missed Chapter 1. I turned back to my computer to instant message my friends and it was over. I thought maybe it was a joke, lol. What a disappointment, I was hoping for atleast 25 minutes of Star Wars: Clone Wars.
    As for LFL testing "the waters" of television, I totally agree with you. They will definatly do stuff after Ep. III, and after the whole DVD boxset (ANH-Ep. III-whenever that comes about).

12. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I think a full Star Wars animated series in imminent.

13. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I hope not... this will rapidly become another star trek

14. juventuz

juventuz Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2003
    How about something along the lines of a Rogue Squadron tv series? You don't need any of the actors from the movies to return, you can cast a bunch of no names.

I think that would fly.

15. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I think that would fly
    Lol!

You'd need a couple people, like Wedge and Ackbar...

16. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    ....it's been said there may be more than 20 episodes now.

When you say episodes you mean films? [face_laugh]

!snap

17. juventuz

juventuz Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2003
    Anybody can play Ackbar. As for Wedge, just recast the part. They do it ALL THE TIME in tv shows.

18. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I would totally love some sort of TV project, preferrably with animation, that would keep the SW universe alive.

Hopefully they won't do to SW what was done to Star Trek, meaning squeezing the franchise until it's dry as a rock...

19. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Hopefully they won't do to SW what was done to Star Trek, meaning squeezing the franchise until it's dry as a rock...

This is actually looking more and more likely all the time. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.