main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton The Clone Wars Aug15 ScotiaBank Theare WEM

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Ky-Wan, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Alright I've called about midnight showing and even about the 501/Rebel Legion and Fan Force having a table in the lobby. All of it met with 'Umm's and 'Uhhh not sure....' so leads me to believe that my next attempt tomorrow will be no different however.

That doesn't mean we can't all get dressed up or not and go see it on Friday this week. I don't know showtimes but anyone who wants to come once they are posted is welcome to.

Thanks

2. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I thought Warner Bros. contacted the Rebel Legion about the premier?

3. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    But the premiere isn't the actual release date. I'm talking about the release to the public this friday.

4. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Oh, okay, carry on then :p I was just worried that something got missed after the whole first communication snafu.

5. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Why would you go to the Scotia Bank theater when you can actually see it in digital at Clearview. We seen it in digital on the weekend and that's the only way to go. Unfortunately in Calgary it seems we are going to get screwed as Journey to the Center of the Earth is still doing ok for sales and it needs to be in digital 3d.

To bad you couldn't have went on the weekend. It was a great movie. But the wait is killing us to see it again. Is it friday yet???

6. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Perhaps we can organize a big FF group outing to see it in digital sometime soon? I'm more than willing to drive up!!

7. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah that would be ab intresting thing to do :). I don't much care if I see it digitally or not, it's the people I enjoy seeing it with, at wem theres places to eat and such after but if there's only going to be myself and Jennisteen going then I relaly don't care where it's seen a fun big joint viewing would be nice :)

8. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Reviews for Clone Wars so far have been harsh, to say the least. :(

9. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Who cares about reviews? Critics don't know ****. It's freaking star wars in theater, and we're fans. The kids will go see it and it'll do alright, and regardless of how it does at the box office it will still come to small screens.

It just sucks I won't be able to see it. :(

Lift your popcorn buckets to me folks. I doubt I'll catch it in theater, but we'll see.

10. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    The reviews have been mixed because they are expecting it to be like the originals. These same Critics(idiots) reviewed the prequels the same way. They hacked them to bits. Seeing Star Wars this way was refreshing and something new. And seeing in a digital theater makes this movie pop off the screen, I would defiantly recommend it.

11. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah the film is enjoyable, it's star wars. It fits it's just different to see it this way.

12. MADKAU

MADKAU Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2006
    Sorry,
    Been Lurking.

I didn't see a plan to meet somewhere - when?
    I might swing it. Don't know about costume - but I'll always bring a lightsaber.

13. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Hey Rob, you'll find more information here:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13205&sid=57ea9a6a0c01cea47860ff10913d169d

14. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    A few of us were planning on coming up next Sunday to catch the digital show at Empire 10. So perhaps we can plan an inter-group meet-up then???

15. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Sure that would be the 24th correct?

Also Edmonton Fan Force

see this?

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Calgary_Fan_Force_TCW_Line_Party_116916.asp

Yeah Calgary is whoping our Bantha Hides Cmon here lets show some enthusiasum

show times for Clone Wars at WEM are as follows

August 15, 2008 - August 21, 2008

11:50am | 2:20pm | 4:50pm | 7:30pm | 10:10pm

I am recomending the 11:50 showing after a nice brekfast at Denny's tfor those who have been following on the RL boards.

so far Denny's on 170th street at around 9:45-10:00am area

Anyone is free to come

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    My pilgrimmage to see the digital show got postponed to this upcoming weekend - but unfortunately, tomorrow is the last day for the digital show - ugh! :mad:

17. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    :(

well at least yoyu guys down there got together and did some stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.