main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars cancelled.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The issues need to be resolved. :cool:

Seerow likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yep, forgive me for not being a complete complacent fan. B)

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Ahsoka won't be in Episode VII, that would require way too much explaining and confuse people who haven't seen the show.

It's bad enough she may be alive during Episode III and Anakin never even mentions her (unless they kill her off prior to the end of the war which would fix that problem).

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I say give it about 20 years and they'll return to the PT era for sure if they aren't already going to set something like that rumored Yoda and Boba Fett movies in it. Hell, Ahsoka the Movie. Give it time so the 19-20 year olds here who grew up with the PT are going through midlife crisis in their 40s and the PT nostalgia kicks in.

Master_Gallia likes this.
  5. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    I love how people blame PT haters for Disney distancing itself from the Prequels. How about actually blaming the Prequels?

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  6. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    TCW and the Republic Commando novels certainly showed them as independent, thinking soldiers. And not just the Nulls and RCs.

And like I said, Ventress' fate is left open ended. She commandeers that shuttle, leaves the war, and we never see her again. I don't see how assuming she's living life on the fringe is any different from the previous assumption that she decided to lay low for the rest of her days.

I've never understood why this is such a problem. Anakin doesn't mention his mom on his own, either. Obi-Wan doesn't mention Qui-Gon until Yoda brings him up. We all have friends and family who we've known for years yet they don't come up in conversations daily.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IMO, they should kill off Ventress

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Poor canon

9. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    The fact is that those people did get mentioned. Anakin talks about his mother dying to Padme, which is fitting, because RotS is about his attachments and fear of loss. In the same way, it makes sense that there would be some mention of Ahsoka in RotS (not that I want there to be), because RotS is also about Anakin's distrust in the Order.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "And for those who’d say Ahsoka is still a loose end, I’d argue she isn’t any longer. She left the Jedi order. What happened next in her life is something fans are understandably curious about, but there no longer is an onus on The Clone Wars to explain why she isn’t in Revenge of the Sith. We have our explanation for that."

=D=

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  11. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Oh please, spare yourself 40 hours of this awful cartoon. It's worse than the prequels combined.

Darth__Syphilis likes this.
  12. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    That just can't be possible. Have you watched GL's version of the PT?

13. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Yes, unfortunatley I have. TCW is so bad, they brought Darth Maul back, and had a scene where Anakin gave Padme Chinese food. And the clunky dialogue is just awful.

14. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    With a little selective non viewing of a couple of episodes, I seriously expect, from all accounts, to see a version of PT era clone wars that doesn't make me cringe with embarrassment for the people who created it. I appreciate your concern, but think I will give it a shot anyway. :)

15. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Strap yourself in! :)

16. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    I think you are forgetting the lowered expectations those of us that will be participating in this marathon now have due to the PT. If TCW only ends up being ROTJ good, it will still seem masterful. I seriously expect to have a pretty good time.

17. Master_Gallia

Master_Gallia Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    I share your distrust of Disney. A lot has been said about PT distancing and whatnot, however, IMHO this could be the first HUGE miscalculation on Disney's part.

Treating the SW universe as if it needs a Reboot will be a train wreck of epic proportions.

Disney is a corporation and are subject to the same blind spot stranglehold reasoning that comes with looking at ART (which storytelling is) from the lens of "return on investment".

There's something to be said for someone at the helm who "gets it" beyond the quarterly earnings statement.

see Apple pre and post Steve Jobs.

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Discussing in the "Save the Clone Wars" thread... from the "Disney Upfront" conference at a presentation on Tuesday:
    "Disney Channels Worldwide boss Gary Marsh also said the company is “working closely with LucasFilm, Kathleen Kennedy and director Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) to explore new Star Wars content for our platforms,” to be detailed later this year."
    At the bottom of this link: http://tvline.com/2013/03/13/glee-season-4-spoilers-idina-menzel-returns-shelby/

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    There may be alot more to this. =O

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    For ****'s sake stop giving the guy work.

If I was in charge of Disney I'd kick his ass out on to the street, him and his stupid hat.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Dave is awesome. Long live the hat. He has REVITALIZED the franchise.

22. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Man I hope they aren't talking about the new series. I don't hate Filoni, but come on, hasn't he had enough? There are tons of other creative people out there.

Darth__Syphilis, eht13 and GGrievous like this.
  23. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    However, his fanboyness is apparent in his writing, especially in the Plo Koon episodes.

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Indeed - Ventress' fate in both comics and show are practically identical.

Which ironically makes it harder to reconcile, since including both events means that somehow Ventress went through the same character development twice...which doesn't really reflect well on her.

As for Filoni getting more work - well, TCW was a team effort, and I lack the knowledge of who is responsible for the parts of the show I liked and the parts I didn't.

However, the behind the scenes material does show that he knows a lot about the Star Wars universe despite its size, so hopefully he can bring whatever knew people Disney brings in up to speed.

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Seerow: your speech about not trusting Disney reminds me of the rants I often hear from my sister. She's a concept artist in Hollywood and has been telling me for years how Disney's got an awful reputation as a brute tyrant. People who end up working for them sell their souls. And resumes. Apparently if they hire you, they have rights to pretty much everything you've ever done or will do.

(Any future artists or writers out there? Remember that if you're gonna work for Disney -- read the fine print on whatever you sign! They will literally take your creative genius and market it as their own!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.