main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars cancelled.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Even though I'm angry as HELL about TCW cancellation AND I hate that the Prequel Haters "got their way", I feel that we can finally give the Prequel Era BACK to the EU. It's the EU that kept me involved in the prequel era (I consider myself more of a fan of the PT era more than the OT era, and I'm a child of the 70s).

If Disney is going to cast the PT era aside, then fine, I'd rather trust it to the EU authors anyway.

2. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Yes, it's all our fault for pointing out mistakes that were so obvious and glaring that blind people could see them. It couldn't possibly be a case of chickens coming home to roost for the people who actually made those films, not the audience who had no say in how those films would be made and therefore can shoulder no blame for them. If Lucas and company had done a proper job on those films in the first place, there'd have been no bashing; if if he'd handled his relations with his customers properly, the bashers wouldn't have carried the argument and the day. He himself gutted the spirit of that company and he himself decided to leave it. We didn't hold a gun to his head to do any of those things. Exactly when is something bad happening the fault of the people who make it happen, not the people who have no choice but to watch it all happen?

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    :rolleyes:

4. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I blame PT bashers who made GL quit lucasfilm and sell the company to disney who in turn destroyed the clone wars because they are an evil corporation/organization similar to the empire or trade federation. Theyre all to blame. Can't believe Lucas would sell SW to such an evil organization

Order66Survivor and phatdude1138 like this.
  5. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    U mad, bro?

fett 4, JackG, HanSolo29 and 4 others like this.
  6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Most of those "glaring mistakes" have been debunked again and again...it's old. It was old years ago. It's old now.

And quite frankly, where is all this PT era EU - seems practically all books are set post-ROTS.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    The conspiracy theorist in me says they're bringing Ahsoka into E7 and they wanted to leave her life from the end of TCW S5 onwards untouched. ;)

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Guys, enough with the stupid "PT haters got their way" crap. I loved the PT, and I think the TCW's end was inevitable at this point.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe I'm in denial but neither the article or Dave actually flat out say its cancelled. They say its winding down and things are changing. Sounds like the show is indeed in production. I want to go to Star Wars Weekend again badly. There is no indication of how many episodes or seasons are left. Atleast there are some important arcs left to come and the gaps are going to filled. I guess the best thing would be a great ending for the series. The clip at the end did plenty to get excited.

10. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I don't know. There are arguments for both. I often find the former to be more perilous because in the latter it seems like there's at least a chance to reason with them. Not so sure about who chooses. There's something to be said about he sleeper agent being activated, where you get moments like Boomer at the end of Battlestar's first season.

11. Jerran Tankarri

Jerran Tankarri Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2013
    This sucks, but hopefully we get proper conclusions to Ahsoka, Maul/Talzin, and more of what was in that clip.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I’m glad that we’re getting at least one very interesting looking arc. I just hope it ends properly, leading into ROTS nicely. No loose ends. The CW series could never go on forever. It is, after all, only a three year time period. To people saying that Ashoka needs a proper ending: she got one. That was her ending. And I think it was handled pretty beautifully.

13. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    You mean where is all the pre-TPM and I to II EU? Because I think we all know II to III isn't lacking for content.

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Actually Hasbro did that by itself. :p

15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Because it's not cancelled, it's just winding down. People need to re-read the article and not just read the comments.

There will be a 6th season in some capacity, but it will be the final season. Clovis arc, a Clone/Trench arc, a Maul arc, and presumably an Ahsoka arc. 10-12 episodes.

hlc88, QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  16. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Blaming Disney is very satisfying, but you might just as well blame me. In fact, I discovered the TCW news a second after I had un-liked Disney on FB. Coincidence or Disney's reaction ... ? ;)

Order66Survivor and Darth Ibonek like this.
  17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    So now our speech is to be self-censored to avoid a topic you don't like? It's not crap and I am reasonably sure it is a component in all that is happening. Tell you what - if the "PT is crap" folks self-censor, maybe we the "PT is only crap to some" folks will follow.

As to between II - III timeline, I meant EU literature.

QuangoFett likes this.
  18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Where does the article or Dave say that the 6th season is the finale? I must have missed that.

19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Well unlike battlestar, the EU has shown that some clones did not follow orders, and did not put harm upon the jedi, unlike boomer, who was not able to fight her programming.

20. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Well, despite angering me on numerous occasions over continuity issues over the past five years, I have enjoyed most of what TCW has had to offered. It's been really neat seeing the show advance on a technical level over the course of the years. I hated lot of the writing and EU steamrolling though, lmao, especially when things were done when they weren't even necessary (Barriss...return of Maul, etc). Anyways, I'll stop beating a dead bantha ;)

The good news here is that they are given the opportunity to "wind down" and finish what they had left. A lot of TV shows never get that opportunity. Presumably, most of Season 6 is done, and I imagine we'll see them released as a "movie" on Blu-Ray. They'll probably air on iTunes and on the official site too, I imagine. It's interesting that they don't want to just go ahead and tell us in what capacity these last few episodes are going to be on.

I'm happy with the Detours news. I'm equating "postpone" to be a nice way of saying "canceled"

Exciting stuff ahead, for sure, but I imagine a lot of EU fans, myself included, are already getting nervous about this. I bet the next series they will work on will be a prequel that leads into the events of Episode VII. Wouldn't surprise me.

21. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010

Yeah, I mean I get that people are upset that we're not going to get regular seasons any more, at least that's what I took away from the news, but we're still getting more stories. And nobody at all seems interested in what this new series is they're working on. That was the most interesting news in the entire article that I latched on to, personally.

I think things will settle down once we have word of exactly how these new episodes will be shown.

22. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    And then after that? Nothing. The series is cancelled after that.

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The only glaring threads that need to be cleared up, IMO, are Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Order 66 and the kidnapping of Palpatine. I hope with all my being that the final arc is Grievous kidnapping Palpatine. Or at least the build-up to it.

24. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    From Wookiepedia:

25. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    NOOO! Now we'll not going to see what happens to Ahsoka in the series itself. This was what I feared could happen, now it's a fact. Also no beginnings of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, so Starkiller is still canon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.