main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars cancelled.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I'm very angry at Disney for this decision atm. This just SUCKS :mad:

2. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'm disappointed at this news, but if we get some great final episodes I won't be as upset...

Order66Survivor likes this.
  3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I feel bad that fans of the show wont be able to continue to watch this show.

But personally, I think it was time. The show was growing repetitive and really contained too many characters with dramatic dead-ends(as in we already know their fates).

Ahsoka was the best character on the show so hopefully they will do something with her.

4. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    What's to be angry about?

5. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't hate TCW, but they've really needed to "wind down the series" for a while. Like many soap operas, it seemed like LF was just gonna keep making the show until it got cancelled or suffered poor ratings anyway. Milking it season after season, with the 'good stuff' always 'coming next'. At least this way the writers will be forced to write a sound conclusion to the series and tie up its loose ends. We can get the 'good stuff' now and just get on with it. And with the Clone Wars multimedia project coming to a close, maybe we'll see some clarity brought to its continuity/timeline or whatever.

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    And now another character came back from the dead... [face_plain]

7. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    This is disappointing to say the least. Even though I hated when they took out pre-existing EU, I still really liked the show. I hope that they finish off the loose threads and give use the missing Clovis arc.

8. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
  9. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I think given that there isn't another season coming in the television sense, they're using terms like "arcs" and "bonus content". No idea how many episodes are to come. Could be 10, could be 20.

As of now three episodes from the Clovis arc have yet to air, no clue if those are a part of the "bonus content" of if they're a part of Season 5 and will appear on the season's blu-ray/DVD.

Filoni has confirmed that more arcs are to come, and given arcs are 3-4 episodes, we have at least 6-8 new episodes as "bonus content" (assuming that Filoni was referring to two arcs).

My guess is four more arcs (not including Clovis) which translates to 12-16 episodes.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Valairy Scot : Really? You think that the position that this "end of the TCW" news can really be construed as a victory for the PT haters camp is a legitimate view? I think it's silly, and I say that as someone who really liked the PT but thinks that the TCW has simply run its course. It's unfortunate that the creators of the show couldn't keep on track and finish things up before this happened, but that's really their own fault just as much as it is Disney's or LFL's (more, IMO).

11. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I love the show but I am not saddened by this news because there is only so much story they can cram in between episodes 2 and 3. Plus I think Lucasfilm needs to focus all of it's energy on the new trilogy now. Now they just need to wrap it up, mainly give us an end to Maul and Ashoka.

Don't worry folks, there is lots of awesome Star Wars yet to come!

12. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    This is sad news. I hope TOS doesn't bring back Hyperspace and make us get a subscription to it to view the final episodes(as well as any exclusive ST material they may have planned). Unfortunately, I'm afraid they will since nowadays people are desparate for any ST news they can get a hold of.

13. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Agreed. Disney should have let the series continue as is. Though I am assuming they're just not going to be putting the last season on Disney XD (a channel that no one has or that no one knows they have) and not something else with it like just putting them on DVD/Blu-Ray or something.

Either way, this was also just really bad timing on Lucas' part. I have no problem with him selling Lucasfilm, but couldn't he at least have waited until after Clone Wars was done to do this? :( </selfishness>

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    They would've made Filoni pay for its high costs then. ;)

15. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    It's nice to see the victim complex shown by SOME PT apologists is still going strong...

Anyway, I don't see what's so difficult to figure out about Ahsoka's fate. After she leaves the order, she gets a job as a stripper. The End.

16. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    It's ridiculous to be mad at Disney for choosing to bring TCW to a close as an actively televised series. This is no different than Buffy the Vampire Slayer, ANGEL, Fringe, and Smallville coming to an end as actively televised series, and you didn't see people declaring that they were mad at the studios behind those series for choosing not to renew them, especially since, in the case all of BtVS, ANGEL, and SV, the stories continued on in a different format just as TCW will.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  17. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Never visit the film boards if you worry about this sort of thing....

18. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    As long as I get to hear Tim Curry in full Sidious mode I'm good.

V-2 likes this.
  19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    So you don't have to deal with the vicissitudes of the Cartoon Network, and you get another season for them to wrap up the "critical" plotlines, probably either by direct-to-DVD or iTunes, and this is the end of the world how?[face_plain]

I can't believe people were hoping for another 100 episodes of this show. But then, it's the internet, so....

V-2 likes this.
  20. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    Hopefully the new series is between ROTJ and Episode VII so it can wipe out the awful post-ROTJ EU, which has been absolute garbage since the New Jedi Order nonsense.

21. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    If they decide to go the webisode route, then I guess the world outside the US is SOL. They still won't stream videos from Star Wars.com outside of the States.

Order66Survivor and Veloz like this.
  22. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Have you actually read any of the NJO or are you just dismissing it on the premise alone?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Wait, so while it's cancelled, they're still going to let them end on a story arc with one last Canon Screw in the form of Order 66 brainwashing?

Cancel faster! Cancel faster! Cancel faster!

24. herp_derp

herp_derp Jedi Padawan

Nov 9, 2011
    Well looks like Disney is going to gut the franchise as we all feared. And if you think clone wars steamrolled the EU just wait until Disney gets its hands on that. I'm pretty sure the dark horse comics are through and any nice dark mature novels are on the way out.(thank god we got Plagueis before this mess) If we even get novels anymore is also questionable at this point. Really all of the EU even being cannon anymore is up for debate. Their just going to put everything now into the ST. With this new animated series on the way and probably some marvel comics to help flesh it out. This will probably be used to fill in the gap between ep 6 and 7. I wouldn't be surprised if we never heard anything about the pre ep 7 era again.

25. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, I figure it would be iTunes/DVD at the very least, I mean LFL/Disney will want to make money off this regardless, and simply streaming for free online wouldn't make them any money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.