main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The Clone Wars - cartoon TV series

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Anyone else excited about this? I think it's such a cool idea, and really hope it is doen well. From the od screen-shots I've seen on the offical site and TFN, I think the animation style looks fantastic. It's just a real shame that they're only 3 minute shorts, and not full half-hour shows.

I sure hope it comes to NZ, or at least gets a DVD release ...

OK, the boards are dead, so contribute, dammit ...

2. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    isint it cartoon network only?

3. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    I think so, but I'd imagine that Lucasfilm would negotiate the rights in other countries? I'd imagine there'd be a reasonable demand for it internationally.

Just had a look at TFN ... they've got photos of some of the new toys ... Anakin's starfighter looks _incredibly_ cool.

4. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Yea, I'm really excited about this, as I'm a big fan of animation. There was another thread about this somewhere, but ah well.

The Cartoon Network is available in New Zealand through Sky Digital. If it's not on one of the free channels, I'll get my friend with sky to tape them for me.

5. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

Even if this won't be availible to New Zealand, hopefully it may be availible on the Internet or a DVD release.

Though I sure hope it will be shone here. ;)

6. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Sounds cool. yep, my hope is that someone will tape it so I at least get to see one episode. Does anyone know why its only 3 min episodes?

more EU action figures :D

maybe we need a FFNZ revival thread [face_plain]

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > isint it cartoon network only?

Cartoon Network's on SKY over here isn't it?

Anyway, as these things are only 3 minutes long, there will be MPEGs available to anyone with a basic knowledge of the internet within minutes of their US showing.

For that reason I'm hopeful starwars.com will actually have quicktime versions available shortly after the US screenings.

8. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    well Ive got sky digital and yes it does have cartoon network and hopefully for my birthday im getting one of them video in cards or what ever they're called ( in october (my b-day that is) )

so ill record the eps and see what I can do...

9. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    there is a bounty hunter on it called durge i think he might be related to dirge off transformers

10. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    > there is a bounty hunter on it called durge i think he might be related to dirge off transformers

[taking the piss]Yes, Durge the human bounty hunter is actually the father of the robot-who-can-transform-into-a-plane from Transformers. In Star Wars Episode III we see Durge marry a robot, and they go off and have lots of children who can turn into fighter planes.[/taking the piss]

No really ... a dirge is a lament for the dead, and also a term used to describe any piece of depressing music. It's quite a good name for a character who kills people. I don't think there's any other link.

11. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I sure hope they will have the cartoons on the net. :) MPEG or Quicktime, I don't really mind... now that I finally have Quicktime installed (again).

12. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Well seeing as the toy of durge has him portrayed as mostly robot who flyies around because of his lack of legs its highly possible

13. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Star Wars / Transformers cross-over.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...... [rolls_eyes]

14. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    More than meets the Force... :p

15. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    "Jedi's in diguise...."

What exactly would a Jedi transform into anyway?

Perhaps Darth Vader would turn into a lightsaber that someone like Tarkin could wield, a-la Megatron....

[face_plain]

From memory, The Clone Wars is being done by the same studio responsible for Samurai Jack (Saturday mornings, 9.30am, Channel 2) so check that out for an idea of the animation style, though it'll probably be a bit more realistic looking. Samuarai Jack is somewhat erratic but effective nonetheless

16. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    The always thought was so stupid about Transformers was how Megatron was this pistol which must have been the size of a five story building. WTF? As if that wouldn't arouse suspicion.

"Honey, I woke up this moring, and there's a 50 foot high Walter p.38 on the lawn".

Some disguise ...

17. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Darth Vader transforming into a lightsaber .... :D :D :D

Winter, you should go share that with the girls over at the 'shaving habits' thread.

18. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Its a proeven fact that certain transformers have the ability to shrink their mass when they transform Eg megatron, soundwave and blaster so instead of a ratehr learge walther P-38 or two gigantic boomboxs they turn to earth sized objects. Megatron can also shrink to the size so that starscream or optimus prime can use him in battle

19. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    [face_laugh]

OMG! DV is the Lightshaver himself! [face_shocked] Maybe that's how Tarkin shaves too!

20. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I imagine Vader would be pretty angry if Tarkin used him to shave with.

heh, i can just see Vader as a lightshaver ... all shiny and black with a few blinking red lights along one side.

21. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > Its a proeven fact that certain transformers have the ability to shrink their mass when they transform

A proven fact! [face_laugh]

22. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    JP - you obviously haven't seen the latest issue of Scientific American - they devote an entire issue to Transformer mass-shrinking techniques.

23. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    :confused: Do they? Do they really? [face_shocked]

[face_plain]

24. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Megatron can also shrink to the size so that starscream or optimus prime can use him in battle

Optimus Prime use Megatron in battle?

:confused:

Yep, I can see it now - yet another attempt to bring the Transformers into the new millenium:

"Da Tranzformaz - Nu-Skool Robotz in Dizguize"

Megatron: Starscream, you whack punk, apart from needing a voice transplant, you wine like a litle girl with a skinned knee!

*Prime appears and transforms from a lowered Cadillac with thumping suspension and subwoorfer trailer into robot mode*

Optimus: Yo! Kicking it with my Deceptikonz!

Megatron: Word! Do me a favour and pop a cap in Starscream willya?

*transforms into shoddily manufactured hangun without etched-out serial numbers and Prime grabs, holding gun on side, gansta style*

Prime: Selectah!

Starsceam: Dang fool, I aint ready for da big scrappile crib in da sky!

*blasts Starscream into oblivion.

........ or maybe not.......

Ace, don't you dare mention the ghost of Starscream.

25. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Prime used megatron when starscream built bruiticus and went nuts so they had to shoot the 3 buttons on his back and megatron is far more accurate than primes gun

dont take the piss to some people this is a reality

And vaders lightsaber could be a target master a weapon the transformes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.