1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:NZ The Clone Wars - cartoon TV series

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    Anyone else excited about this? I think it's such a cool idea, and really hope it is doen well. From the od screen-shots I've seen on the offical site and TFN, I think the animation style looks fantastic. It's just a real shame that they're only 3 minute shorts, and not full half-hour shows.

I sure hope it comes to NZ, or at least gets a DVD release ...

OK, the boards are dead, so contribute, dammit ...
  2. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    isint it cartoon network only?
  3. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think so, but I'd imagine that Lucasfilm would negotiate the rights in other countries? I'd imagine there'd be a reasonable demand for it internationally.

Just had a look at TFN ... they've got photos of some of the new toys ... Anakin's starfighter looks _incredibly_ cool.
  4. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea, I'm really excited about this, as I'm a big fan of animation. There was another thread about this somewhere, but ah well.

The Cartoon Network is available in New Zealand through Sky Digital. If it's not on one of the free channels, I'll get my friend with sky to tape them for me.
  5. dArTh_wenley Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Even if this won't be availible to New Zealand, hopefully it may be availible on the Internet or a DVD release.

Though I sure hope it will be shone here. ;)
  6. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds cool. yep, my hope is that someone will tape it so I at least get to see one episode. Does anyone know why its only 3 min episodes?

more EU action figures :D

maybe we need a FFNZ revival thread [face_plain]
  7. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    > isint it cartoon network only?

Cartoon Network's on SKY over here isn't it?

Anyway, as these things are only 3 minutes long, there will be MPEGs available to anyone with a basic knowledge of the internet within minutes of their US showing.

For that reason I'm hopeful starwars.com will actually have quicktime versions available shortly after the US screenings.
  8. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    well Ive got sky digital and yes it does have cartoon network and hopefully for my birthday im getting one of them video in cards or what ever they're called ( in october (my b-day that is) )

so ill record the eps and see what I can do...
  9. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    there is a bounty hunter on it called durge i think he might be related to dirge off transformers
  10. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    > there is a bounty hunter on it called durge i think he might be related to dirge off transformers

[taking the piss]Yes, Durge the human bounty hunter is actually the father of the robot-who-can-transform-into-a-plane from Transformers. In Star Wars Episode III we see Durge marry a robot, and they go off and have lots of children who can turn into fighter planes.[/taking the piss]

No really ... a dirge is a lament for the dead, and also a term used to describe any piece of depressing music. It's quite a good name for a character who kills people. I don't think there's any other link.
  11. -Winter- Jedi Knight

star 2
    I sure hope they will have the cartoons on the net. :) MPEG or Quicktime, I don't really mind... now that I finally have Quicktime installed (again).
  12. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    Well seeing as the toy of durge has him portrayed as mostly robot who flyies around because of his lack of legs its highly possible
  13. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    Star Wars / Transformers cross-over.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...... [rolls_eyes]
  14. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    More than meets the Force... :p
  15. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    "Jedi's in diguise...."

What exactly would a Jedi transform into anyway?

Perhaps Darth Vader would turn into a lightsaber that someone like Tarkin could wield, a-la Megatron....

[face_plain]

From memory, The Clone Wars is being done by the same studio responsible for Samurai Jack (Saturday mornings, 9.30am, Channel 2) so check that out for an idea of the animation style, though it'll probably be a bit more realistic looking. Samuarai Jack is somewhat erratic but effective nonetheless
  16. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    The always thought was so stupid about Transformers was how Megatron was this pistol which must have been the size of a five story building. WTF? As if that wouldn't arouse suspicion.

"Honey, I woke up this moring, and there's a 50 foot high Walter p.38 on the lawn".

Some disguise ...
  17. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Darth Vader transforming into a lightsaber .... :D :D :D

Winter, you should go share that with the girls over at the 'shaving habits' thread.
  18. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    Its a proeven fact that certain transformers have the ability to shrink their mass when they transform Eg megatron, soundwave and blaster so instead of a ratehr learge walther P-38 or two gigantic boomboxs they turn to earth sized objects. Megatron can also shrink to the size so that starscream or optimus prime can use him in battle
  19. -Winter- Jedi Knight

star 2
    [face_laugh]

OMG! DV is the Lightshaver himself! [face_shocked] Maybe that's how Tarkin shaves too!
  20. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    I imagine Vader would be pretty angry if Tarkin used him to shave with.

heh, i can just see Vader as a lightshaver ... all shiny and black with a few blinking red lights along one side.
  21. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    > Its a proeven fact that certain transformers have the ability to shrink their mass when they transform

A proven fact! [face_laugh]
  22. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    JP - you obviously haven't seen the latest issue of Scientific American - they devote an entire issue to Transformer mass-shrinking techniques.
  23. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    :confused: Do they? Do they really? [face_shocked]

[face_plain]
  24. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    Megatron can also shrink to the size so that starscream or optimus prime can use him in battle

Optimus Prime use Megatron in battle?

:confused:

Yep, I can see it now - yet another attempt to bring the Transformers into the new millenium:

"Da Tranzformaz - Nu-Skool Robotz in Dizguize"

Megatron: Starscream, you whack punk, apart from needing a voice transplant, you wine like a litle girl with a skinned knee!

*Prime appears and transforms from a lowered Cadillac with thumping suspension and subwoorfer trailer into robot mode*

Optimus: Yo! Kicking it with my Deceptikonz!

Megatron: Word! Do me a favour and pop a cap in Starscream willya?

*transforms into shoddily manufactured hangun without etched-out serial numbers and Prime grabs, holding gun on side, gansta style*

Prime: Selectah!

Starsceam: Dang fool, I aint ready for da big scrappile crib in da sky!

*blasts Starscream into oblivion.

........ or maybe not.......

Ace, don't you dare mention the ghost of Starscream.
  25. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    Prime used megatron when starscream built bruiticus and went nuts so they had to shoot the 3 buttons on his back and megatron is far more accurate than primes gun

dont take the piss to some people this is a reality

And vaders lightsaber could be a target master a weapon the transformes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.