main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The Clone Wars - cartoon TV series

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > dont take the piss to some people this is a reality

[face_plain]

[face_laugh]

[face_plain]

2. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    ^
    |

Yep, I'm with JP on that.

Joking, I was, Ace.

I guess I just find it amusing that you're so interested in the 'old-school' Tranformers considering they were in their prime before you were even born - your profile says you're sixteen, right?

Considering the original Tranformers series spanned from 1984 - 1989, you'd of been a rugrat before they even came out. I'm fairly impressed by your knowlegde but I just find it odd that you're so intrigued by somethign that was pretty much over and out before you were old enough to realise the significance of it.

3. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    all shiny and black with a few blinking red lights along one side.

[face_laugh] Ahh.... shiny black chrome. Even this is too weird for the Shaving Habits thread. 8-}

4. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    well yes i missed out on the origanals but when i was 5 the Generation 2 line was around so i got heaps of that and for a couple of years they had re runs on tv3 of the original cartoon. Then i got into star wars stuff and boxed my tfs up but then when i got the net i got back into all of it and now have many origanals and new ones.

5. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Ace ... I used to have heaps of original Transformers when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure that they were give away by my parents, but I'll have a look the next time I visit my folks. If there _is_ anything, you're welcome to it ...

My favourite of the comics was the Transformers/ G.I. Joe crossover miniseries. I was a big G.I. Joe fan, so that was pretty cool ...

6. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    I remember when they reran the old Transformers cartoons - I think I was in 3rd form and had to hide my "immature" habbits. By the time I reached 4th form, I didn't really give a damn what any of the 'cool' kids thought.

Ah, memories.

GI Joes were the best figures in the world. I've never seen better articulation and you could pose those little guys in just about any way you wanted. The best thing about them was the almost unlimited supply of weapons and accessories - i hade some pretty nastily-armed figures at the end.

I probably had about 50+ figures (they were like $13 and I could buy one from the old K-Mart in Glenfied in the late 80's every fortnight on my pocket money) and maybe 20 vehicles. The pride of my collection was the entire Tiger Force team (captured Cobra vehicles that were repainted in tiger-colour schemes) and the SkyStriker/f-14 Tomcat Jet that my aunt got from the states for me - they were never available here.

Apart from Transformers, GI Joe and Star Wars, other good toys I had in the 80's were MASK, Masters of the Universe, and Voltron ( i had all the Lions ).

I still have the vast majority of my toys, though some are missing a lot of parts. The pride of my collection is an ORIGINAL boxed Ultra Magnus from '87 that i barely played with. I can't believe that an 8 year old would actually keep the box and all parts, but i did. In retrospect, I wanted PowerMaster Optimus Prime instead by my parents got the wrong one. I guess Ididn't want to hurt their feelings.

[face_blush]

BTW Ace, Ultra Magnus is still not for sale, but if i do sell, you'll be my first bidder.

7. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I'll have a look the next time I visit my folks. If there _is_ anything, you're welcome to it ...
    what about me?

BTW Ace, Ultra Magnus is still not for sale, but if i do sell, you'll be my first bidder.
    what about me?

I was into all that 80's stuff, and still am :p when i was a youngling I only had 7 transformers, 10 GI Joes, about 20 Masters of the Universe and no MASK stuff (always wanted them).

Now I have nearly all the Masters of the universe, over 200 Transformers and about 50 Joes, and a few MASK vehicles.

The crazy thing is, I never had any Star wars toys until I was 15 :eek:

other cool stuff worth mentioning: Dino Riders, Centurions, Battle Beasts and Zoids :D

8. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Mentioning MASK, I actually picked up four toys in ORIGINAL packaging in the Cook Islands in 1992, well after they'd died out. They were in a toyshop in the main town and being such an isolated place, they barely got any new stuff regularly. I spotted the owner going through the stock room whislt browsing and saw their distinctive packaging on a far shelf.

I was told by the owner they'd been on the shelf in the backroom from about '85 and he'd not been able to return them back to the distributor (Mattel, I think). They'd just gathered dust for seven years and he gave me the the lot for $60 NZ, which is not band considering at least two of the units, Rhino and Switchblade, would of cost that alone.

The other kits I picked up were Thunder Hawk and Firecracker. They're still in reasonable condition now, stored in boxes at home. I guess I was luckily in the right place at the right time.

I picked up a lot of other toys in the Cook Islands that visit including a couple of figures from the infamous "digitally interactive" Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future, and the Centurion figure Ace McCloud with a heap of additional weapons add-ons.

My little brother also bought the plaguerised Autobot Jetfire, who's entire design was copied from the Veritech fighters that were the trademark vehicles from the hugely popular parent of all modern manga, Robotech: The Macross Saga which was never played here but ran during the mid 80's in the States. I got given a heap of the VHS tapes for a birthday and it kind of started another obsession. If you've never seen this show, you're missing out. It's got a lot of SW themes in it and an ongoing plot rather than a series of random disconnected episodes.

If you're interested, look HERE.

Wow. I've really rambled off-topic. How often does that happen here?

8-} :D

9. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
  10. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Yeah, I've been there many a time over the years - good idea posting it Lawrence.

It's a really good resource because it details almost every aspect of pop culture over all media's.

Think I'll have a squiz now.

Ta for the the link!

11. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Guys, this collecting talk could go into this thread. ;)

12. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    My favourite cartoon growing up was 'Pound Puppies'. I haven't seen it since I was about 6 or 7 years old though, so I'd love to watch one again. I found it on that website ... brought back a lot of memories :)

My brothers never had the GI Joe toys. I wish they did, because I had several Sindy dolls(UK version of Barbie) and a wedding set, but no male doll for them to marry. They just had to marry each other, which was pretty enlightened for the 1980s.

13. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    "so, you ... err ... like short men, do you?"

Kitt ... 80's G.I. Joe were of the 3 3/4 inch variety. I think Cindy might have been a bit tall and out of their reach. (In all senses of the word.)

What Cindy needed was a tall, Englishman ... someone like Action Man.

14. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Ah, Action Man, he of the velcro hair-do. I remember having one of these male-prerequisite figures back in the 80's and having some amusingly interactive 'games' with my cousin and her Barbie dolls.

All this talk of 80's cartoons and toys, coupled with a visit to Yesterdayland made me sift through my old collection of VHS tapes, where I found a series of old cartoon episodes including Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs, Tiger Sharks, Thundercats, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors & Captain N:The Game Master.

I can see I'm going to have an extremely social Friday night

8-}

:D

15. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    I get some of the jap tf reissues man its good opening up the box and getting a fresh never used g1 toy to play with. I have MEgatron and prowl and im getting sideswipe soon.

I also have some of the new zoids they are great

16. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs

that show was cool :D

17. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    It was indeed Chans. It was indeed. The only downer now is that I went into "ubber-lame-obbessing geek" mode and dowloaded the theme song from KaZaA over the weekend (I have this thing with cartoon theme songs; almost have two CD's worth now) and have had it playing in my head for ages.

You'd be hideously surprised at the amount of people who remix and remaster themes from animated series'. Finding the "funky-flavour-euphoria" remix of The Transformers was somewhat disturbing.

18. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Get the 2000 unicron remix and the transformers the movie rock intro they are the best and all the transformer jap themes

19. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    dowloaded the theme song from KaZaA

hehehe did the same a while ago. my collection of 80's TV theme songs is steadily growing... :p

20. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    So unlocked, upped, and back-on-topic. CLONE WARS (the cartoon) is being shown in Australia on Cartoon Network from November 10.

And from what I can tell, the NZ Cartoon Network follows the Australian one extremely closely (they share the same website & all).

So all you lucky people with SKY TV should be getting the first installment in a couple of weeks!

cartoonnetwork.com.au/asp/NZtv/

Keep an eye in your Sky guides & be sure to post details when it's locked in!

21. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Graal has Sky.

:D

;) :p

22. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    woohoo! better buy some new video tapes for this!

23. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I was thinking the same thing.

:p :D

24. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Yep sweet I'm definitly gunna tape it!

25. DrMaul

DrMaul Jedi Master star 1

Dec 24, 2000
    It definitely starts in NZ on Nov 10th as well (I spoke to SkyTV today). Details on SWNZ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.