main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The Clone Wars - cartoon TV series

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    6pm, repeated 9pm.

Cool.

There's a whole forum for its discussion too - though as there looks to be a 2 day lag between US airing & NZ airing, I dare say discussion will be done to death by the time we can contribute...

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    hehe yea. damn yanks.

Should be interesting. I don't know a heck of a lot about the series but am looking forward to it. :D

3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Damn, I would have just moved back home and the olds only have stupid UHF. :( Might have to convince them to upgrade or get someone to tape them.

4. purplebabbit

purplebabbit Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    I don't have Sky but I have Hyperspace, so I can see it the same time as US, although smaller size - hope they put it out on dvd some time :)

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I'm sure it will be put onto DVD at some stage in the future.

6. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    advertising has started for the clone wars cartoon on cartoon network. It will premier @ 430pm on the 10th of november. Go here to download the add currently being aired.

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Hmm. I might even be at work for that. I wonder if our work Sky can receive that channel. [face_mischief]

At any rate, the new Clone Wars full site has just gone up at cartoon network's site, with awesome bios, ships, planets, the game, images, spaces for episode guides blah blah blah...

Well worth checking out (you'll need flash & shockwave though).

cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars

It also indicates the episodes may be on the cartoon network site the day after they air in the USA (though I wouldn't be surprised if it's tied in with starwars.com's hyperspace pay service).

8. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I'm loving the games. Unfortunately, I can't get Obi-Wan vs Durge to load ... I get an 'out of memory loading member1 of Playercast7' error. I think the ram count on this computer is too low.

9. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    According to the update on starwars.com today, they'll be available on Hyperspace 20mins after going to air in the states.

I figured out that corresponds to Sat, Nov 8, 2:20pm for us (for the first episode).

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    And the free streaming on cartoonnetwork the next day is US only.

:(

11. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    OK update on sky times, premieres @ 630 pm 10 november, again at 930 pm every weeknight and all episodes are shown again on saturday and sunday.
    I have hyperspace too but will you be able to download them? or are they streaming/ viewing only?

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    You can download anything that's online, but it's sometimes more tricky than "right click -> save as" ;)

13. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Did you guys sign up for hyperspace using a credit card?

I want to sign up but my parents don't have a card I can use..... are there any other ways?

14. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I just looked in Novembers Saturn magazine, and it has a write up for the Clone Wars in the "kids" section. [face_laugh]

15. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Well its not an adult cartoon. It's audience, I'd guess, is kids and kids at heart.

Youagain - Hyperspace recently started accepting cheques. I'm not sure if they'll accept them from overseas, though.

16. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to talk about this here, but ...

as someone with neither Jyperspace nor Sky TV, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to either tape these episodes for me, or, if you're a hyperspace member, download and make copies for me.

PM me and maybe we can work something out ...

Lawrence

17. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I'd like to help, but I have no recording device, and I'm not a hyperspace person.

They'll probably appear on *cough* kazaa *cough* soon enough.

18. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    I'm planning on taping it.... I'll see what I can do... although it may be better to have a back up as with my family who knows if the t.v will even be free.

19. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Just downloaded a TV Spot of the main page..can't wait it looks good.

Will only be able to watch the first few cos our SKY is disconnecting Nov 17 :(

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    If you have a credit card, you can get 1 month of Hyperspace for, I think, US$3.95.

The first 10 episodes are on in a 2 week block starting in a couple of days. The 2nd block of 10 starting in a month or two.

You can even get a week's free trial once you enter your card details, so it may be possible to get 5 episodes on Hyperspace and cancel your subscription before your ~NZ$7 is charged...

21. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    Mmmmmm if only I was 18...

22. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    1st Episode looks really good! Have set the video to start taping them from tomorrow! will probably look alot better on tv

23. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I loved Threepio 'catching' Anakin's cloak ... nice touch there. I think I'm one of the few who actually likes the fact that they're only three minutes ... it makes it a very fast, very tight narrative. Still, can't wait to see them all together.

24. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    Whats up with kit fisto using his lightsaber under water?

25. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Because lightsabers post ep1 can work underwater

Me and my friends at school had a week long dibate about this very issue

Delete scence in ep1 obiwan fries his lightsaber int he swamp

Ep5 gets snow in it int he wampa xcave and general hoth invorment

ep5 luke submerges himself in the swamp with his lightsaber on his belt scenes after subest the lightsaber still works

clone wars kit fisco uses his underwater

this leads tot he conclusion that the jedi changed how they made lightsabers after ep1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.