1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:NZ The Clone Wars - cartoon TV series

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    Kitt said ...

> Well, there are rumors it will be on DVD by the end of the year, so that's a possibility. Otherwise, once its all been screened, we could probably organize some kind of dub and tape swap for those members who haven't seen it.

I'm not sure what we can/can't talk about with regard to distributing the series on this messageboard. (so, err ... feel free to delete this post, Mods, I'm only saying this 'cause our City Rep bought it up ... Kitt, it's your fault, OK?) Anyway, I have downloaded the first 10 chapters, and am happy to start some sort of "tree" where I send out, say, discs to three people on the understanding that they then make three copies each, and so on and so on ...

Obviously, this would be for people who subscribe to either Sky or Hyperspace, but who just happened to miss them on TV, or couldn't download them because of slow internet speed. ;)

Far be it for me to condone internet piracy. Oh no.

PM if this sounds like a plan.
  2. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    well ... my generous offer has taken up by a colossal TWO people.

You snooze, you lose.
  3. Mr_Burns Force Ghost

star 4
    I didn't get to see them the first time around, so I was happy to have the chance to see the first episode tonight. Liked it a lot, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

For those who didn't know, the series is repeating at 9:30pm each night, with a repeat screening at midnight.
  4. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    zzzzzzzzzz.

wha..? oh bugger.

Graal has promised me a copy on vid, so im good. thanks anyhoo STH.
  5. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    STH You haven't forgotten about me have you? :(
  6. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    I have all episodes on VHS and as quicktime movies. Chans unless you have access to a second VCR getting a copy of my tape may be a bit tricky, I can however whack you of a "backup" copy of the full series in quicktime
  7. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    Oo, Oo, pick me, pick me!!!! :D
  8. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    > STH You haven't forgotten about me have you?

Not really, but kinda ... been real busy at work. Sorry. I really need to sort this out.
  9. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    That's cool. I'll wait with much anticip....

.....pation.
  10. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    Norad_Roff and Mr_Deflok

OK, the CDs are burnt etc., ... will send them off thi afternoon, although I'm not sure I'll make the 5pm clearance ... so expect them Monday/Tuesday I guess.

STH
  11. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    so, did you guys get those CDs I sent?
  12. Mr_Deflok Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just got home, and there it was! I thought STH was playing around with me, I guess I should visit these forums more often! Anyway, I've burnt two copies of the disc already and will be despatching them tomorrow sometime.

Oh, and before I forget THANKS STH!!!!!

p.s. Bowie is only a month away! AHHHHHH!! *girlish scream*
  13. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    All good things take time ...

Actually, no, I am just very lazy. Better late than never.

Really excited about Bowie ... flights booked, accomodation sorted etc. etc.
  14. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    I've got a couple of mates that are keen to see them.

But like STH, I'm a bit of a lazy bum ;) and will get around to burning some copies........

sometime.
  15. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    I just noticed on TFN that the next installment of the clone wars debuts on march 26. can't wait to see the next 10
  16. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    TFN has this on their main page:

The Clone Wars Season 2 premieres March 29th on Cartoon Network in New Zealand at 7.30pm, and will be repeated weekdays at 11.30pm.
    Season 1 will re-air at the following times:

Saturday, Mar 27th - Ep I-X (11am & 11pm)
    Saturday, Mar 27th - Ep I-V (5.30pm)
    Sunday, Mar 28th - Ep I-X (11am)
    Sunday, Mar 28th - Ep VI-X (5.30pm)

17. DrMaul Jedi Knight

star 1
    Some of those times (the Saturday ones) listed contradict those on the official SkyTV.CO.NZ website (I think they got them from CartoonNetwork.COM.AU).

I have put the schedule that I got from the local SkyTV site on SWNZ at http://swnz.dr-maul.com/moretext.php?request=20040304.

The error, of course, could possibly be on the NZ SkyTV site, not the Australian Cartoon Network site...does anybody have a copy of the March SkyWatch handy to confirm?
  18. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I've checked the SkyWatch, and 7:30pm March 29, not 5pm, is the correct time.

So the correct times are on SWNZ.
  19. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    I dragged myself out of bed to catch episodes 1-10, which screened at 10am-11am this morning, on TCN. There were some neat previews for the second series, included shots of Grievous.

Hyperspace members can catch episode 11 this afternoon ... it should be available for download between 2:30pm-3pm NZ time.

It will be screening on Sky Digital, Cartoon Network at 7:30pm on Monday 29th.

20. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    EP 11 was pretty mean! if any one wants a link to direct download it pm me!
  21. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Episode 12 will be on hyperspace tomorrow, and features Mace Windu on Dantooine.

I think I'm going to wait for the Sky broadcast at 7:30, this time around. On my 56k connection, downloading those huge movie files takes hours.
  22. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    and it rocked! Mace appears to be in a spot of bother though and WT* was that tremor thing?
  23. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    There was something mentioned about the inspirations for the 'seismic machine' in the hyperspace commentary ... I read some info about it in the official episode discussion thread in the small screen forum.
  24. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Excuse me Mr Graal, but as a former CR, I would have expected you to know that the "F" letter is FORBIDDEN.

WTH is the correct abreviation.

BANE HIM. lmao.
  25. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    OOooooh a banning! and did you count how many f's you used in your last post.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.