main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The Clone Wars - cartoon TV series

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Wow look I still remain unbanned. ;-)

Have completed taping all episodes of the clone wars, nice of the cartoon network to show them all in a row this time too!
    If anyone wants them just drop me a pm!

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I'm still recovering from the death of R4. [shakes head] I can't believe she's gone.

3. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Uh, hi!

I'm pretty sure this is my first post on these boards (I post at fanfiction, all the time), so I'm not really sure around here.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has the Clone Wars cartoons on VHS if they'd be willing to lend it to me. I'll pay postage both ways and all that.

Please let me know.

Thanks. :)

4. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    I have downloaded all 20 episodes and have them on 2 CDs if that helps any. (Quicktime *.mov format.)I'm currently trying to wrok out hw to put them on a DVD, but not having a DVD burner, this is quite academic at present.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You should be able to put them onto a VCD or SVCD. At any rate, most newer DVD players will play MPEGs direct from a CDR, so if you can live without fancy menus, just find a MOV to MPG converter & you're away.

There's a lot of info on the programs & plugins that yo can use in the Small Screen Star Wars forum.

6. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey Kazzy, welcome to the kiwi corner of the jc :) Have you had any contact with Tahi at all? She's another kiwi fanfic writer who hangs out over at the fanfiction boards.
    I'm thinking, if there's enough kiwi fanfic writers out there, star-wars.co.nz might be interested in starting a archive at the site specifically for kiwi authored Star Wars fanfiction.

7. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    That would be cool. :) I may know Tahi, I'm not sure. The name certainly rings a bell, but other than that I can't call her/her fanfic to mind.

As to the Clone War tapes well as my computer knowledge extends not much further than fanfic I'm not sure what I'd need for downloaded CDs. [face_blush] And I don't have access to a DVD player at the moment. :(

EDIT: kitt! I just glanced over your proflie and realised we're at the same uni :D

8. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Cool, -Winter- is at Auckland Uni as well ... she hasn't posted in a while, though, must be busy with assignments and tests. I've got one tomorrow night, myself. What do you study, Kazzy?

I have the cartoon series on VHS ... we can meet up on campus sometime if you'd like to borrow it. I'll pm you.

9. RED_RAPTOR_ONE

RED_RAPTOR_ONE Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2002
    Hey! I have heard good things about this series. I'm on pathetic dial-up so and have little patientance to spend age downloading, so I have yet to see any episodes. STH, is your offer still open? What are your, ummm... 'terms', for lack of a better word.

10. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    What do you study, Kazzy?

Major in Education. Minor in English. And I've done a heap of Philosophy. I have a 3000 word essay on Skakespeare due on tuesday. It's awful.

Good Luck for your test. :)

I have the cartoon series on VHS ... we can meet up on campus sometime if you'd like to borrow it. I'll pm you.

That would be really great, if it's all right with you :)

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I watched 10-20 last night for the first time.

The story didn't flow as well as it did in the first 10 I thought, I found the Anakin / Asajj duel got boring after it dragged on through 2 episodes, and Mace's superman impression was cartoon-license taken beyond its extreme.

But otherwise I enjoyed it. The clones were great, as always, especially when they were being dealt to by Asajj.

Strange ending though, begs for more episodes. If that was a sort of segue into EpisodeIII, well, hmmmm.

I think I missed Obi-Wan the most, who didn't have much of a role in the last 10. Padme looked hot in her snowsuit though, which almost made up for it. ;)

12. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    I really enjoyed this series. A great apetizer for Episode 3! ;)

-Mel

13. Darth-Tuapawa

Darth-Tuapawa Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    is there going to be a DVD for the Clone Wars and does anyone have any idea when it will be out for sale?

14. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    as far as I know there'll be a DVD release at the end of the year - but that's just the US!

-Mel

15. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    > but that's just the US!

... although thanks to the wonders of these new-fangled technologies called "air mail" and "the internet" even simple folk like us New Zealands might be able to get a copy.

Ahhhh ... Such wonderous times we live in.

16. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    Amen to that! ;)

-Mel

17. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    i finally saw 10-20 as well last week, thanks to Graals superb recording skills i had the job of editing out everything in between so now i have a tape with all 20 back to back (almost).

I liked the 2nd series better, there were little quotes and things that caught my attention, like Anakins "I have you now".

18. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    have you read this????

More Clone War Cartoons
    Wed, Jun 02, 04 09:08:15 AM EDT

Princess Leia tells us that 20 new Clone Wars episodes are signed for and will debut in the Spring of 2005, just prior to the release of Episode III. We would speculate that the animators will get to see the final movie at a screening shortly and develop the plot closely tied to the new movie. We're also hearing that a Clone Wars DVD release is a pending announcement, though we're not sure if both "seasons" will be included or first only. More soon!

still don't like the visual style but can't wait to see more of SW! :)

-Mel

19. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    bring it on :)

20. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    And series 3 is announced on starwars.com -

http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/about/news/news20040608.html

12 min episodes!

21. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    Well, the rumor was wrong about the 20 episodes, but the rest is right. I can't wait for these, I really enjoyed the first 20 episodes.

22. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey guys,

Gosh it's been a while... anyhoo, i've been doing a lot of catching up with what's going on with EPIII (i've sadly been out of loop for a bit, I should never have let it happen!) I haven't seen any of these clone war cartoons yet either, actually I don't know much about them at all so i'm just begining my research now. Sounds like they're a fun watch from what i've read so far. :)

23. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Aw, look who's back [:D] I'm surprised you still remember you password ;)

Yeah, the cartoon is definitely worth checking out ... in episode #20, you can check out General Grievous, a new bad guy in Episode III.

24. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    I'd hoped we'd get to see more of Grievous.

-Mel

25. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah I've seen a bit of Grevious, should be one to look out for!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.