main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Just thought I'd mention this bit from Filoni at the Ranch premiere of S3:

One thing that I?ve been very curious about (and I know a number of you are, too) is the timeline of the episodes. I asked if we?d ever get a chance to see that timeline. ?I have it, I know it. It will get released eventually, but Season 3 is really all about cleaning up all these loose threads. Like this premiere really fleshes out an episode from Season 1 and we have more like that.?

He also told me that it would be a safe assumption that episodes where Ahsoka is not preset is a good general indicator that it occurs before the events of the movie.

2. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    "He also told me that it would be a safe assumption that episodes where Ahsoka is not preset is a good general indicator that it occurs before the events of the movie"

It would seem they didn?t tell Leeland Chee this, since he claimed "Cat and Mouse" was the earliest episode.

3. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010
    So we can safely assume that the episode he was referring to is "Rookies" right? We already know the surviving clones are on Kamino.

And if Ahsoka's absence means the episodes predate the movie, then our proposed timeline has some serious retcon heading its way.

4. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    I don't know how to react to that. I know that they'll be wrapping up Rookiees, Ambush (sorta), The Mandalore arc, Hostage Crisis (maybe)

Next we might as well get Revenge of Maridun [face_tired]

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    The more I read, the more it seems like they're going to try to wrap up all the existing storylines by the end of Season 3, and Seasons 4 & 5 will presumably be later in the war?

6. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Are there any existing storylines except the Mandalore one? I love the show, but it?s pretty much completely standalone tales thus far.

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, we have the "Zillo Beast clone" story. We have all those imprisoned Separatist leaders who have to be freed until Ep3. We have Boba and Bossk in jail which could also be explored...

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, I think we have several stories. Although I still prefer the standalone episodes.

9. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    We still can expect closure to the story of the Hutts and Cad Bane

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Filoni's been saying the "no Ahsoka = good general indicator of pre-movie setting" suggestion for awhile, but I don't think it's too hardline a suggestion.

He's likely referring to the Christophsis ones, which are the main no-Ahsoka episodes. There's only 1 or 2 others that have no Ahsoka that could theoretically take place before the events of the movie (like Trespass), but those are locked-in as post-movie by related sources (like the webcomics, in Trespass's case) or other episode details (various Senators, etc).

I wouldn't expect Filoni to be fully aware of all the secondary TCW material's timeline issues, but Leland would, so factor all of the above and both Leland and Filoni's comments are right.

11. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    All episodes that don't have Ahsoka pre-date the movie huh? I wonder where this puts the Kamino Arc? (be careful what you say Dave :p )

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    "general indicator" does not mean all.

13. mighty_mouse_droid

Apr 11, 2010
    But it does mean "some".

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The Hidden Enemy, Cat & Mouse and whatever the last Christophsis episode ends up being, would qualify as "some". ;)

I mean, besides Trespass, how many other episodes lack Ahsoka? Then figure how many of those don't contain other elements that definitely place them after the movie- there can't be many.

15. mighty_mouse_droid

Apr 11, 2010

And I want to agree, but if what Dave said is true, then they seriously need to start putting more evidence into episodes to determine their place in the timeline. I, for example, think Trespass takes place further down the timeline because Anakin feels very mature there. Who's to say that was the first time they met the senator?

And while there are some episodes outside of the story arcs that we know without a doubt take place after certain other episodes (Boba trilogy after Zillo Beast for example) there are still a lot of loose ends which only leads to guesswork. Wasn't the Mandolore trilogy at one point proposed to be the earliest events in the series? I just hpe that this time they mean what they say about cleaning up the timeline this season.

16. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    According to most sources, the Zillo Beast had an acute force sensetivity and knew Palpy was evil. If Palpy wants to clone them, he might make some scaled down sith-zillo army which may turn on him and he'll call the Jedi to erradicate them. Either that, or they make it a political "ethics" episode. Pick you poison :p

17. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I sorted out my own chronological order over the weekend, in preparation for the new series. It's not based on the official order, just an order that I think works well and hopefully ties storylines together. Here it is;

Series 1
    1. Tresspass
    2. Senate Spy
    3. The Mandalore Plot
    4. Voyage of Temptation
    5. Duchess of Mandalore
    6. Cat and Mouse
    7. Hidden Enemy
    8. Clone Wars Movie
    9. Clone Wars Movie
    10. Clone Wars Movie
    11. Clone Wars Movie
    12. Dooku Captured
    13. Gungan General
    14. Jedi Crash
    15. Defenders of Peace
    16. Hostage Crisis
    17. Lightsaber Lost
    18. Bombad Jedi
    19. CLoak of Darkness
    20. Lair of Grievous
    21. Bounty Hunters
    22. Holocron Heist
    23. Cargo Of Doom
    24. Children of the force

Series 2
    1. Ambush
    2. Downfall of a Droid
    3. Duel of the Droids
    4. Rookies
    5. Grievous Intrigue
    6. The Deserter
    7. Storm Over Ryloth
    8. Innocents of Ryloth
    9. Liberty on Ryloth
    10. Landing at Point Rain
    11. Weapons Factory
    12. Legacy of Terror
    13. Brain Invaders
    14. Senate Murders
    15. Blue Shadow Virus
    16. Mystery of a Thousand Moons
    17. Zillo Beast
    18. Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    19. Rising Malevolence
    20. Shadow of Malevolence
    21. Destroy Malevolence
    22. Death Trap
    23. R2 Come Home
    24. Lethal Trackdown

A few points:
    I hate having Ashoka in from the start so any episodes without her I tried to fit in before the movie.
    I thought that the Lair of Grievous was a great first Grievous episode as it makes for a very sinister and mysterious introduction. I also put most of the Grievous arcs together for a better flow.
    After starting to sort out series 1 it seemed to make more sense to have all the Cad Bane episodes in the first 24.
    Series 2 probably needs a bit more tinkering but series one seems pretty tight and has a nice flow to it.

Ok, so shoot me down!!!!!

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Why is "Senate Spy" so far from "Landing at Point Rain"?

19. MadameLibrarian

MadameLibrarian Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2010
    I agree.

Is there anything in Bombad Jedi, Cloak of Darkness and Lair of Grievous that indicates this trilogy can't be placed before Downfall of a Droid?

20. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Actually, I think Lair of Grievous only works if we first see the general fail time again, in Destroy Malevolence and Duel of the Droids. Remember that the whole plot of Lair is Dooku punishing/testing Grievous because he's been slacking off lately.

21. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Ooops, I only glazed over this episode, I thought it was stand alone. I'll have to move that one!!!

I take your point, however, I'm happy for Grievous's failures to be implied rather than seen. That's the great thing about deciding on an order for the episodes, everyone differs in what they accept.

Not that I could find, but I'm no expert.

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Exactly. That's why "Grievous Intrigue" works better right after "Lair of Grievous".

23. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I don't think the Mandalore arc should go before the film. Even though Ahsoka does not appear, keep in mind the dialogue. Obi-Wan refers to Anakin as "Master Skywalker." I think that was intentional, and we don't know if Obi-Wan was saying his proper title because he's a Jedi Knight or since he is a master (training a Padawan, not Jedi Master) because of Ahsoka.

The two R2 episodes should go directly under the movie. I don't understand why they are so far away. Dooku Captured placement does not make a whole lot of sense either. Malevolence arc should go under the two droid episodes.

24. MadameLibrarian

MadameLibrarian Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2010
    The R2 episodes can't go after the Cad Bane trilogy. (Denal)

Can't go after The Malevolence either. (Ahsoka flying The Twilight)

But just because they were produced earlier it doesn't mean they should go directly after the movie in chronology.

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Err, no.
    It seems you haven't the novels, those destiny/kid books, looked at the web-comics, in episode references.

That whole timeline needs revising.