main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    I've been watching the show using this order and it's been just about perfect. There was a shot or two of Lightsaber Lost shown before a little early in the newsreel but it's already been discussed how you can't really avoid that. It was pretty harmless anyway. Of course I still have no clue how Aurra got out of jail and why TODO came back but there's no viewing order can solve that. Anyway, if you don't care about web comics and episode guides, I highly recommend this order.

2. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    You know...I check this particular thread out everyday and it was very nice seeing my preferred episode order getting some attention. Yay! My daughter is now 15 months old and has still not really watched the show, but I did show her Ambush and Rookies and go figure...she loves her Yoda doll and Clonetrooper wind-up toy even more. Ah, brainwashing...

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Glorified toy commercials are win. =)

4. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    That article is, however, also an indication that we do not have to take the airing order of recent episodes as heavy as we are doing now. There might, for that matter, be quite a time between the Mon Cala arc and Shadow Warrior, with episodes in between.

On the matter of Rish Loo, he's not the only character that is alive during the Mon Cala arc, and die in Shadow Warrior. If you look closely, you will see Tarpals standing behind Yoda's hologram in Gungan Attack.

5. TheFiffis

Jan 14, 2010
    Well that kinda seals the deal to me then. Shadow Warrior is def post Mon Cala.

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The issue with the episodes of not being in the right chronological order has been around since day one, and I'm sure this will continue in future seasons. Here's hoping we get at least six seasons.

7. TheFiffis

Jan 14, 2010
    Never once for a minute did I believe Filoni when he said they were now in chronological order. I think they're closer to being in order, but not by much. I figured what he meant by that is no more episodes that take place before an episode from a season before hand.

8. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Hi,

Does Cad Bane break Ziro out of prison before or after he steals the Holocron from the Jedi Temple?

9. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Well if you go by production order of the episodes it would be after because Holocron Heist and Cargo of doom were made before Hostage crisis but other then that I don't really know.

10. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    I am trying to arrange an iTunes playlist that has a chronological order.

I've found a couple of "timelines" on the Googles.

One in particular seems confident that the jail break happens a good bit after the heist.

I know that Bane recognises Skywalker in Hostage Crisis, but Anakin is unconscious when they come face to face and I don't recall him whether he knows Bane.

Plus, Bane's droid is destroyed in Holocron Heist.

However, at the end of Holocron Heist Kebobi refers to "this Cad Bane" - as though he had never heard of him until the Changling ratted him out. And yet, in the Hunt For Ziro they seemed to have had crossed paths before.

11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Holocron arc definitely comes before Ziro arc. TODO-360 was destroyed in the Holocron arc, for sure, but offscreen (I'd check wiki, but hopefully you'll take my word for it) Anakin rebuilt Todo... and somehow Todo got away... and found Bane again. >.>

12. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    I don't remember Anakin rebuilding Todo-360, but I now to your superior knowledge :)

I guess that answers my question.

Cheers.

13. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    With the whole Bane recognizing Anakin but not knowing if Anakin knows Bane is based on the whole thing of Anakin has a huge reputation that spans galaxy-wide so I'm sure Bane has heard of him a time or two.

14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    It is the way he says it - like in a "not this guy again" kind of way.

Plus, Kenobi seems more familiar with Bane in Hunt For Ziro than in the Heist arc.

15. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    My take on the Todo 360 problem: While I know that?s not the canon answer, I personally like to think Cad Bane just bought a new droid of the same type. The Todo 360 in the "Hunt for Ziro" arc seems much more malevolent by nature than the mostly naive and friendly TODO from "Holocron heist".

16. MadameLibrarian

MadameLibrarian Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2010
    The episodes Evil Plans (S03E08), Hostage Crisis (S01E22) and Hunt of Ziro (S03E09) take place after Ziro hires Aura Sing to kill Padme (not immediately after though). In Assassin (S03E07) Ahsoka already met Jocasta Nu. They were introduced to each other in Holocron Heist (S02E01).

So yes, definitly the Cad Bane Senate trilogy takes place after Holocron trilogy.

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Senate arc should definitely be placed as a divider between seasons two and three.

18. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    So confusing8-}

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's a bit of a sloppy point in the series- it's one of 2 or 2 plotpoints* "missing" from an actual episode that you'd normally expect them to eventually go back and do an episode about.

Basically, the official episode guide on Star Wars.com for one of those episodes (it may not be up anymore with the fairly terrible site redesign from the last year or so that saw a ton of actually good content replaced by mostly meaningless fluff (though the slideshow commentaries have at least been ok)) is the source for the info TODO's reconstruction.

In other words, the reason you don't remember Anakin rebuilding it is because we never saw it, and were only told it via the episode guide.

The reality is they killed off TODO, but wanted to bring back Seth Green when they decided to do a lot more Bane episodes, and at some point changed their minds in terms of the Holocron arc's placement in relation to Ziro's escape (it was originally meant to be after Ziro's escape, but they changed it to before) and had to come up with an excuse to make it work.

*The other two being Aurra's escape from prison (she's caught in Assassin, but is free 2 episodes later in Hostage Crisis to work with Bane) and, possibly, a final chapter in the Christophsis arc, bridging Cat & Mouse with The Hidden Enemy, to resolve the Bail Organa subplot from C&M.

---------------------------

Anyways, something else I wanted to discuss in terms of an alternate, non-chronologcial viewing order...

Been thinking about collecting together a few of the key story arcs from the first 4 seasons for a cousin of mine to watch whose a casual fan (likes the OT, hates TPM (but likes Maul), probably wouldn't watch TCW all the time but would watch some, etc)- kinda the equivalent of 3-5 movies. The essential arcs and bare bones, but with some thematic connections to present a whole story arc or two.

So, I've broken that down to a few "definites" in terms of inclusion. Stuff like Ziro, Bane/bounty hunters and Mandos get trimmed during the initial cut since they don't really have anything to do with the main focus of the wars in relation to the films. Anything with Gungans is cut (as he hates Jar Jar), I'm dropping the politics and overt movie ripoffs (as the former tend to be lackluster and the latter are a waste of time if your focusing on the important stuff) and I'm skipping past the movie (since it's not that good and all he needs to know ahead of time is "Anakin has a padawan named Ahsoka", which is info i can tell him myself), etc, etc.

So I'm focusing on the clones, Grievous and Savage/Ventress/Dooku, for the most part (though not exclusively).

So, one key collection of episodes/"story arc" I'm putting together is: Rookies/Cloak of Darkness/Lair of Grievous/Grievous Intrigue/The Deserter/ARC Troopers.

This provides a nice "room for improvement"/grievous proving himself arc. Him failing on Rishi (setting up the possibility of a Kamino attack, as well as Domino squad), then redoubling his attacks to kill Jedi (Koth, etc), leading to the actual Kamino attack (which is quite epic, so a nice "conclusion" for both that story and the continuation of Domino squad.

Plus, Cloak sets up the Ventress/Dooku apprentice issue nicely (for the Nightsisters saga), leads into the Lair episode and doesn't require you to see Bombad Jedi to understand Nute's capture.

The Deserter isn't an ideal inclusion, but resolves Grievous Intrigue and does further Rex's arc, so it's not a complete loss.

The next two sets are pretty obvious: Citadel Trilogy/Nightsisters Trilogy & Krell Quadrilogy/Brothers/Massacre.

(though the exact order of those may get changed around a bit defe

20. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    They should make a filler episode where Aurra Sing escapes. She deserves a little more exposure to show how cool she is, plus it will explain how she gets out so quick. Then again, Cad Bane made a reference in Deception about breaking out of prison before, so maybe it was him who broke out Sing.

21. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    That's a great idea about bridging C&M and THE with another story involving Organa. They'd have to use the old character models.

Weapons Factory has one loose end: Poggle is still free.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Did they make a big deal about him escaping? Because otherwise, a Seppie bad guy escaping to koop another day isn't exactly out of place in this show ;).

And, yeah, that's the real trick about a C&M/THE bridge episode... they'd either have to use the old character models or base the episode around the characters whose models haven't been changed, leaving Anakin/Obi-Wan offscreen (or limited to holograms & commlink audio).

Still, it'd be great to be able to watch C&M, this "Bail Bridge" ep, THE & "The New Padawan" portion of the film as one mega arc (would probably be smoother viewing watching those four together, then the "Castle" trilogy together, than the hybridization the movie currently presents).

23. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Agh, i've had this dream for so long! I want to see the movie restored to the original four episodes. I know some fans have made alternate versions of the saga films. I fantasize how I'd cut the episodes, if I were the editor. I love the movie, but I hate-hate-hate Christophsis within that story. Christophsis deserves its own showcase, not glued to the front of a wholly different plot. I rarely, if ever, watch the movie as a whole. I usually start it on Tatooine.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Agreed. Heck, if we got a Bail bridge ep, I'd almost certainly do it myself.

25. gharyz

gharyz Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I am trying to find the discussion thread on Force-Cast Forums that you mention.

Would you be so kind as to help me locate it?