main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
  2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I guess the prologue to Shatterpoint means nothing to Lucas now.

3. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Doesn't interest me anymore

Esg and Zeta1127 like this.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Interesting that Republic propaganda would be showing the worst war crimes of the Jedi Knights so often. And the whole Heroes on Both Sides thing. If that's Republic propaganda, they're in serious need of a new propaganda minister. [face_laugh]

5. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't think I've ever seen that pic of Asajj Ventress before...

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Supposedly, Leland will keep posting about it on the blog.

Wouldn't that be a reason to not interest you?

Yet here you are.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm wondering how it'll fit into The Essential Atlas timeline? That attempted to fit some of the TCW episodes into order with the Republic comics, and the novels.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I don't know if he'll post some major novels for reference, but it seems that this is a "series only" order.

Not to me. ;)

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    In the grand scheme of things, it can be argued that it is. If I wasn't born the world would continue to spin.

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    How did we get to deep philosophy in here about a Timeline for TCW thread?! :confused:

11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Welcome to LACWAC, Dan. ;)

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    LOL

I know things can go off rails but MEANING OF LIFE?!

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I was thinking more along the lines of- if Anakin's now a Knight, a few weeks or so after Geonosis- will the various books with him as a Padawan be "pushed back" to those first few weeks? Like Jedi Trial, Republic: Last Stand on Jabiim, and so on?

14. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    I'm just here for the people, doing the bidding of Lord Kowak.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I was thinking about something similar. It could be helpful, sure, but I doubt they will do that.

The series begins a few months after Geonosis. Everything with him as a Padawan fits within that timeframe.

It's fine to serve such elusive being, but this thread is about the series chronology (not about if people like it or not).

TreborSabreon likes this.
  16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Technically everything before Jedi Trial is "him as a padawan"- and that period lasts over two years- thus it needs to be "pushed back" I think Last Stand on Jabiim was a year or so after Geonosis.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Having the show in order would kinda be better for people who are gonna be watching for the first time. Cause instead of having random bad episodes alone like Evil Plans. Now they are gonna be followed by EPICNESS like Hostage Crisis.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean, it can work, fitting most of the original books, comics and games into that 6-9 month period, but it would mean Anakin and Co. were reaaaaaaallly busy those 6-9 months.

I'm just glad Leland isn't saying "All that stuff that happened before 2008? Yeah, never happened. TCW is the clone wars." He's making an effort to include them and we should be eternally grateful to him for caring.

19. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Wait a second, in syndication these epsiodes are going to air chronologically? Is that what Leeland is saying?

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Well, we could take into consideration that a day in one planet could not last the same in another. Therefore, time is even more relative.

Well, it's his job.

Yes.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes, I believe so.
    Yeah I know. I guess I'm just glad he's able to do so, no Lucas to hold him back or anything.

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Technically, Lucas is encouraging him to do so. :)

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, if GL wanted all Clone Wars material except TCW discounted and erased from the "current" version of the SW universe, no one should fool themselves into thinking he wouldn't go right ahead and do that. TCW is obviously treading between adhering to all EU and killing all EU as I've been saying for awhile now.

Seerow and Todd the Jedi like this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    But we all know Lucas could easily have said that TCW is all there is. He's changed his mind about the SW universe enough times that a move like that would not have surprised me. Hence my relief that the pre-TCW material will remain largely intact.

Trust me, though, I am not at all happy that this has to be the case. There's never been such a massive shift in continuity as this. Boba Fett's backstory? Limited to one character. Jedi vs Sith? One, repeat ONE story that was heavily retconned, and is still largely intact anyway. Marvel SW? Was written before continuity was a priority. But the timeline of the clone wars is a mess that should never have happened.

EDIT: Yeah, what Tarkas said too.

Esg likes this.
  25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    My point was, that was never in question. They could contradict X and Y, but not make a whole era of material non-canon. And "kill all EU"? Really?

George was never as heavily involved in something like this. It's only natural that his version overwrites anything that contradicts it (a.k.a anything that cannot be retconned).