main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013

Do you mean the connection would make Bounty Hunters come before or after Holocron Heist? The reason I chose to put it before was because there's no reference to the battle they just fought on Felucia while on their way to check out the medical station or any reference at all to the battle just taking place there. When Obi-Wan talks Sugi he says that a droid invasion would be much worse then dealing with pirates. I don't know if he actually name-drops Grevious, but on the Wookieepedia page it says so. Also on the Wookeepedia page for the First Battle of Felucia it says that Grievous was a Commander, so why would Obi-Wan say that his fleet would be worse then pirates if they've already arrived?

Overall I thought Bounty Hunters was a nice intro for bounty hunters on the show in general and teased the soon invasion of the CIS on Felucia. I guess it could've come after it, but for me there's more signs that would say it goes before.

2. princethomas

princethomas Jedi Master star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Thanks. Its just that when asked to accept it in season 6 you really have to consider that. Maybe Anakin wouldn't get angry as I suggested, but he certainly would say something. Hed walk to Obi-Wan and put his hand on his shoulder. Anakin doesn't have that kind of restraint. So if Im trying to put myself in place of someone watching the whole thing for the first time. I would just be baffled, by this. Because it would be an execellent moment for character development for Anakin. For him to comfort or argue with Obi-Wan. Id just scratch my head and say this is ridiculous. The Satine/Maul stuff blew me away, but 10 episodes later its no big whoop.

QuangoFett and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  3. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013

That does make some sense, but we are talking about an entire planet here, and the farming village was remote enough that it wouldn't have attracted the Separatists for the same reasons it did Hondo and his pirates. The Seppies more than likely have an outpost set up similar to the Rishi station in "Rookies" that alerts the high command when an invasion fleet happens in. Yet there are also automated defenses (i.e. vulture dock station) that activate if smaller Republic ships attempt to slip in. A Jedi's presence would be more than enough to send Grievous leaping into action almost certainly against the farmers as well.

Although in the end, I think I have to agree with you. From simple within-episode explanations, this is the course of events: Republic loses contact with its medical station and outpost, Jedi send Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan to investigate, upon learning that they have lost control of the planet they send in an invasion force during which Ahsoka disobeys orders having her banned from the front lines for a time. Finally, about a year later, Ahsoka, Anakin, and Plo Koon return to topple a Seppie outpost on the surface. Since this planet is also seen during Order 66, it would seem that this is a planet perpetually on the front lines.

4. GrandAdmiralSchmiggy

GrandAdmiralSchmiggy Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2002
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03...back-at-season-6-and-the-shows-final-episodes

They are sticking to it:

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That is such crap, Filoni. The question is also posed incorrectly. The bigger problem isn't Obi-Wan's reaction, it's Anakin's. Sure, Obi-Wan contains his emotions more - but Anakin doesn't! If Satine was already dead and Obi-Wan mentioned her in passing like that it's very hard to believe Anakin would have no reaction. Filoni's whole point about how emotional Anakin is actually backs that up.

QuangoFett and Embomania like this.
  6. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    As a self-professed apologist for both Lucas and Filoni I must admit I'm disappointed in the excuse given for the placement of the Clovis arc in the chronological order. Am I the only one who would have been more satisfied if Obi-Wan's line "You've met Satine" would have been explained away by a reference to "the living force" and Obi-Wan's acceptance that she was dead but was still a part of "everything"?. I know the "living force" has been something of a Jedi 'afterlife" but all things end up there don't they? I don't know....frustrated...[face_bleh]

Embomania likes this.
  7. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    Yeah, I don't care that even Filoni is defending the Clovis placement.

What we are doing in this thread:
    Watch the episodes and then decide where they should be placed based on their content.

What Lucasfilm is doing:
    Decide where they want to place them first, then come up with overly long explanations to justify it.

8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Right. I'm honestly trying to give TCW chance here but it's not easy. Anyone have suggestions for episodes or arcs with impact? I've seen the first two of S1 and I'm just rolling my eyes. Help?

9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Try the Geonosis arc from season 2. That is what got me hooked on the show.

Episode titles are:
    Senate Spy (not really necessary to view so you can skip that one)
    Landing at Point Rain
    Weapons factory
    Legacy of Terror
    Brain Invaders

Embomania likes this.
  10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Great. I'll try these. :D

11. Embomania

Feb 2, 2013
    Yea the first season can be hard to swallow, especially the first half. The Geonosis arc is great, and if that doesn't do it for you I'd recommend the Savage Opress arc in season 3. Those episodes are Nightsisters, Monster, Witches of the Mist.

hlc88 likes this.
  12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks for the recs. I'm almost done with the Geonosis Arc. I think the Oppress one may be one of the very few I saw part of that did intrigue me but I never finished it. Though not a fan of Maul as a cyborg. For me he died in Ep 1.

Embomania likes this.
  13. Embomania

Feb 2, 2013
    I was on the fence about Maul coming back too, and while not everyone likes his part on the show I think the episodes Maul is in are really great. And having two rogue Sith brothers on the loose in the galaxy is a pretty unique concept.

14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Not saying I may not like some of the aspects of his arc. I'm saying I don't like the blatant contradiction of film. Maul's dead.

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Though it was Lucas' idea to bring him back. He changed his mind again. Decided that Maul never died. Lucas has contradicted his own film :p

Embomania likes this.
  16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    That doesn't help. Both can't be so and I follow the film.

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, they can co-exist because they do. :p

Darth Kickass and Embomania like this.
  18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Not with any feasibility they can't.

19. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    That's obviously your opinion and I can't argue with that, but they didn't technically overwrite anything in TPM. Maul still got cut in half. In terms of how much it holds up in terms of believability, I agree that the concept of Maul surviving that is a bit much. But they do co-exist.

Dark Lord Tarkas, hlc88 and Embomania like this.
  20. Embomania

Feb 2, 2013
    Like others have said, you are completely entitled to your own opinion and I respect that, but they do co-exist and it's not fair to judge his "resurrection" until you watch it yourself.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  21. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

You never see Maul die... Yes, getting cut in half means you should die instantly. But there is a real life case of a man getting hit by a train and being cut in half and he survived. Another case of a man getting cut in half by a truck and survived. So, even though surviving those injuries are very rare, it can happen. And they have gone on to live their lives.

22. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I see him fall split in *half* I don't need anymore proof.

I have seen him come back. You sir are assuming I haven't. You should've asked.

23. Embomania

Feb 2, 2013
    Well from the way you've been talking about being new to the show, it's fair for one to assume that you haven't seen Maul's episodes. Saying you don't like him as a cyborg doesn't imply or give confirmation you've seen his episodes.

Now knowing that you have, can you share more about why you don't like him coming back other than that you see him get cut in half?

Have you seen the episodes when Maul and Death Watch join forces to take over Mandalore?

24. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I haven't seen all his eps, no. But people assuming I have no right to an opinion isn't nice. If I see the rest of his eps I may comment. I'm still trying to find things that speak to me.

As I said, I don't like the inherient contradictions. I also don't have to accept anything I don't want to. Nor does anyone. It's all perception. I'd have to see the arc freshly before I can tell you why I don't like Maul's return.

25. Embomania

Feb 2, 2013
    If you make an opinionated comment about something you don't fully know everything about, it's fair to say that by doing so you've opened yourself up for others to judge your comments….

….and if you turn this conversation about Maul's return into your own freedom of choice, than there's nothing left to discuss.

I look forward to having a discussion about Maul's return when you've watched all of his episodes.