1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

Clone Wars The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Order)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    The presence of Phase II armor (either protoype or in use, can't say which) in Senate Murders gives us more of a chronological anchor that we typically get.

-213: The Mandalore Plot
    -121: Voyage of Temptation
    -216: Duchess of Mandalore
    -201: The Hidden Enemy
    -118/TCW: The New Padawan
    -101/TCW: Castle of Doom
    -103/TCW: Castle of Deception
    -104/TCW: Castle of Salvation
    -102: Downfall of a Droid
    -106: Duel of the Droids
    -108: Ambush
    -107: Rising Malevolence
    -109: Shadow of Malevolence
    -111: Destroy Malevolence
    -105: Bombad Jedi
    -110: Cloak of Darkness
    -112: Lair of Grievous
    -114: Rookies
    -116: Dooku Captured
    -120: The Gungan General
    -115: Storm Over Ryloth
    -117: Innocents of Ryloth
    -119: Liberty on Ryloth
    -122: Jedi Crash
    -124: Defenders of Peace
    -125: Trespass
    -126: Blue Shadow Virus
    -202: Mystery of a Thousand Moons
    -204: Hostage Crisis
    -123: Holocron Heist
    -113: Cargo of Doom
    -203: Children of the Force
    -205: Senate Spy
    -207: Landing at Point Rain
    -208: Weapons Factory
    -209: Legacy of Terror
    -212: Brain Invaders
    -211: Lightsaber Lost
    -214: Grievous Intrigue
    -206: The Deserter
    -210: Senate Murders
  2. GGrievous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So, Cat and Mouse will be above "The Hidden Enemy" then.
  3. Asharak Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea, and we will probably get an episode in s3 about how Bail ended up in so much trouble on the planet.
  4. Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight

star 5
    Then Satine must have been on Coruscant for a long time for all that stuff to happen between the Mando trilogy and Senate Murders since you see her in a few scenes in Senate Murders...unless she was there from another point in time or most of those episodes in between coincide with each other.
  5. CaptainYossarian Jedi Master

star 3
    If Satine was neutral in the war she could have returned to Coruscant to help Padme and Onaconda Farr in their efforts towards peace.
  6. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I wouldn't read too much into the length of Satine's stay at this juncture- the Mandalore trilogy placement is still speculative and subject to change.
  7. fistofan1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I've seen Cat and Mouse, and I'm pretty sure it's before The Hidden Enemy, but are we sure ? Sorry, I'm a little obsessive. [face_worried]
  8. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Yeah, I think we can be pretty sure. Specially with the way Yularen was with Anakin, it was pretty clear this was the first time they really went on assignment together, or at least the first time Yularen faced Anakin's recklessness.
  9. Armchair_Admiral Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's my hypothetical timeline:

1. Rookies: Made it the "first" episode as it gives Ventress some time to infiltrate Kamino properly before moving on to other TCW missions, plus Ahsoka is nowhere to be found. In theory though, there's nothing that prevents this episode from being anywhere in the timeline before the Battle of Christophsis.
    2. The Mandalore Plot/Voyage of Temptation/Duchess of Mandalore: As Ahsoka can't be found in this episode arc, this episode can be placed anytime before the the Battle of Christophsis.
    3. Trespass: While the online comic mentions clones dying on Christophsis before this episode, they could have potentially died during earlier fighting before Kenobi and Skywalker were assigned to Christophsis. Since Ahsoka is AWOL again, I place this immediately before the the Battle of Christophsis.
    4. Cat and Mouse/The Hidden Enemy/The New Padawan/Castle of Deception/Castle of Doom/Castle of Salvation: If any episode features Anakin and Obi-Wan together without any sign of Anakin having an apprentice, assume it happens before the Christophsis-Rotta arc.
    5. Ambush: As per the online comic, this could belong anywhere before the Malevolence and R2-D2 arcs. Otherwise, there's no reason to go out of airing order.
    6. Downfall of a Droid/Duel of the Droids: The online comic makes no suggestion that this particular arc happened after the Malevolence's destruction, so nothing prevents this arc from being placed so that it can develop Anakin's fear of Ahsoka's flying.
    7. Rising Malevolence/Shadow of Malevolence/Destroy Malevolence: As per the online comic, this arc can fit anywhere between "Ambush" and the Nute Gunray episodes.
    8. Bombad Jedi/Cloak of Darkness/Lair of Grievous: Per the online comic, can happen anytime after the Malevolence trilogy but before "Hostage Crisis".
    9. Dooku Captured/The Gungan General: Ahsoka appears in the online comics for these episodes, so no reason to go out of airing order although the online comic dictates it happens before "Hostage Crisis".
    10. Jedi Crash/Defenders of Peace: No reason to go out of airing order.
    11. Blue Shadow Virus/Mystery of a Thousand Moons: No reason to go out of airing order, yet this two-parter can happen anytime between the movie and "Hostage Crisis" as per the online comic.
    12. Hostage Crisis/Holocron Heist/Cargo of Doom/Children of the Force: "Cargo of Doom" is earlier in the production order than "Storm Over Ryloth", plus Ahsoka's mistake of not retreating in "Holocron Heist" is not as annoying if it occurs before the Battle of Ryloth when she finally realizes the cost of her errors.
    13. Storm Over Ryloth/Innocents of Ryloth/Liberty on Ryloth: See 12.
    14. Senate Spy/Landing at Point Rain/Weapons Factory/Legacy of Terror/Brain Invaders: No reason to go out of airing order, although the presence of Y-Wings means this arc can potentially occur anytime after the Malevolence trilogy thanks to the online comic.
    15. Grievous Intrigue/The Deserter: No reason to go out of airing order.
    16. Lightsaber Lost: No reason to go out of airing order.
    17. Senate Murders: No reason to go out of airing order (as of 3/25/10).
  10. Lugija Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I think the Lightsaber Lost comes before Grievous Intrigue/Deserter, because in the ending of LL Ahsoka meets students whom she starts to teach, and in the beginning of GI she is with them and Terra Sinube again.

Good point on placing Holocron Heist before Storm of Ryloth.
  11. Armchair_Admiral Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, thanks for bringing that up. With that in mind, yeah I'd place Lightsaber Lost before Grievous Intrigue/Deserter. ;)
  12. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    That's an interesting observation. I might factor that into my personal viewing order (tweaked slightly from the strict order I've been tracking) eventually.
  13. GGrievous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    A stunning discovery in Cat and Mouse's episode guide. It seems that they said that Cat and Mouse takes place before every TCW episode that has been broadcast thus far. So the Mandalore episodes might be out of place.
  14. Armchair_Admiral Jedi Master

star 4
    That...... was something I didn't want to happen. Now it'll mean there has to be all sorts of episodes where Ahsoka is seperated from her master, which I think reflects somewhat poorly on their master-apprentice relationship. Plus I guess I'll get around to revising my episode order in due time...... :oops:
  15. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    There they go, contradicting themselves. Wasn't it Filoni whimself who said that whether or not Ahsoka appeared in an episode was an indication of its placement in the timeline?
  16. GGrievous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I never believed that statement he made. There is no way to tell if this series is an anthology, and many episodes that don't feature Ahsoka, doesn't mean she isn't Anakin's "Padawan." i.e, Senate Spy, Legacy of Terror, The Deserter.
  17. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Hmm, that does throw a wrench of sorts into things. Though I have been of the opinion that not EVERY Ahsoka-less episode is automatically pre-Christophsis- we've seen several episodes where she's either off on her own or assigned to a different Jedi for a mission (Nute trilogy, etc) or needs to recover from injuries sustained (Virus/Moons) where Anakin would plausibly be without her on a mission for at least a shortwhile.
  18. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Yes, certainly not EVERY episode without Ahsoka should take place pre-Christophsis. But now to say that NO episode, aside from Cat and Mouse and Hidden Enemy, takes place before the film is a direct contradiction to what Dave Filoni stated before.
  19. GGrievous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nathan Butler said once that Leland Chee told him the first 15 episodes from season one are in the correct chronological order. Whether that's true or false, it's another contradiction. Also, it contradicts a lot of evidence from certain TCW comics, Downfall of a Droid/Duel of the Droids and the novel "Wild Space," which all take place directly after the film.
  20. MercenaryAce Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, unless the blockade over Cristophis happened long before the battle itself. Sometimes individual battles can take months or even years. For example, I think the battle of Agamar lasted the entire length of the clone wars.
  21. Armchair_Admiral Jedi Master

star 4
    Reading Dave's quotes again, he also said that Ahsoka's brattiness in a given episode is an indicator of where it fits in the timeline. [face_peace]

Maybe the guys who write the online episode guides are not quite aware of where all the episodes fit in the timeline yet, other than that pre-Christophsis episodes obviously take place before the TCW movie. Ergo, they write that "Cat and Mouse" takes place first because those sorts of episodes have a clear place in the timeline compared to all the other Ahsoka-less episodes.
  22. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    For now I'll ignore that statement and go with the observed flow:

-213: The Mandalore Plot
    -121: Voyage of Temptation
    -216: Duchess of Mandalore
    -217: Cat and Mouse
    -201: The Hidden Enemy
    -118/TCW: The New Padawan
    -101/TCW: Castle of Doom
    -103/TCW: Castle of Deception
    -104/TCW: Castle of Salvation
    -102: Downfall of a Droid
    -106: Duel of the Droids
    -108: Ambush
    -107: Rising Malevolence
    -109: Shadow of Malevolence
    -111: Destroy Malevolence
    -105: Bombad Jedi
    -110: Cloak of Darkness
    -112: Lair of Grievous
    -114: Rookies
    -116: Dooku Captured
    -120: The Gungan General
    -115: Storm Over Ryloth
    -117: Innocents of Ryloth
    -119: Liberty on Ryloth
    -122: Jedi Crash
    -124: Defenders of Peace
    -125: Trespass
    -126: Blue Shadow Virus
    -202: Mystery of a Thousand Moons
    -204: Hostage Crisis
    -123: Holocron Heist
    -113: Cargo of Doom
    -203: Children of the Force
    -205: Senate Spy
    -207: Landing at Point Rain
    -208: Weapons Factory
    -209: Legacy of Terror
    -212: Brain Invaders
    -211: Lightsaber Lost
    -214: Grievous Intrigue
    -206: The Deserter
    -210: Senate Murders
  23. FistoFan93 Jedi Knight

star 4
    "For now we ignore that statement..."

That's weird. I remember people constantly asking for something official, and now we actually get some offical OS chronological information, we ignore it. 8-}

Apparantly the line: "this episode takes place before all episodes to date", is not clear enough.
  24. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Fair enough, we should try to accommodate information in the episode guide, you're right- it's not like Leland's "the first 15 are in order" comment that contradicts the episode guide info.

Ok, so, suggestions on to where to place the Mandalore trilogy? Roughly in airing order or before the Nute trilogy?
  25. FistoFan93 Jedi Knight

star 4
    It can be placed on many places in the timeline. However seeing both Orn Free Taa and Onaconda Farr still being part of the Council of Neutral Systems (or something like that), I'd actually place it just before the events of the Gunray trilogy.