main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm confused. Why would the OT correlate with TCW?

2. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Nah. If you’re gonna cut off Mortis Trilogy because you don’t want to add TPM, you might as well cut Maul’s return episodes and Yoda’s arc where Qui-Gon appears (and Mortis is referenced). Otherwise, that viewing feels lack it’s missing some important background information.
    I would suggest to still add all the PT movies, but the Japanese version.:p

The poster is using the Machete Order, but replacing AOTC with TCW episodes.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'll be honest, I've never heard of the "Machete Order" before; but it sounds like it's a lame attempt to give the few people on Earth that don't know by know that Vader was once Anakin Skywalker an element of surprise. I don't really see the overall point.

4. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    ^ Eh… maybe in America, I suppose. But the Star Wars story is not like universal common sense. There are many people who never watched a Star Wars movie and who don’t even know about the “I am your father” moment, much less who the hell is Anakin Skywalker.

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Ian Stouffer

I merged your thread with our Clone Wars Chronological Order thread since your thread (adding the movies) waa talking about which order the tv show shpuld be watched.

Welcome to the forums. :)

6. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I understand that the TCW episodes (along with ROTS) are meant to be viewed as one huge flashback inbetween ESB and ROTJ, but it's strange to leave out AOTC since it's essentially needed as a prelude to the series and the sequel even if you skip TPM.

7. Ian Stouffer

Ian Stouffer Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2016
    I have went back and altered the list to add the lightsaber duel from Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and compress the TCW show into 20 arcs.

1. A New Hope (Despecialized)
    2. The Empire Strikes Back (Despecialized)
    3. The Phantom Menace (Lightsaber duel with Darth Maul only)
    4. Attack of the Clones (HAL9000 edit)
    5. Christophsis Arc
    6. Clone Cadets Arc (Clone Cadets, Rookies, ARC Troopers in that order)
    7. Grevious Intrigue
    8. Viceroy Captured Arc (without Bombad Jedi)
    9. Lethal Trackdown Arc
    10. Malevolence Arc
    11. Rlyoth Arc
    12. Cad Bane Arc
    13. Season 2 Mandalore Arc
    14. 2nd Battle of Geonosis Arc
    15. Witches and Monsters Arc
    16. Return of Maul Arc
    17. Citadel Arc
    18. Slaves of the Republic Arc
    19. War on Onderon Arc
    20. Maul's Criminal Empire Arc
    21. Clovis Arc
    22. Ashoka Framed Arc
    23. Order 66 Arc
    24. Season 6 Yoda Arc
    25. Revenge of the Sith (L8wrtr edit)
    26. Return of the Jedi (Despecialized)

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  9. jeremiahj13

jeremiahj13 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 6, 2016
    Hey everyone.

Have any of your watched the Series in both Chronological Order and production order?

Which way is better?

I watched the Series all the way through in production order as it came out... then I went back to re-watch and got through all of season 1 before learning about Chronological order, and then did the best I can to watch it in chronological order from that point forward.

What are your thoughts?

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Hey I merged your thread with our pre-existing Chronological order thread. Hopefully it can help. :)

jeremiahj13 likes this.
  11. jeremiahj13

jeremiahj13 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 6, 2016

Thanks!!!! +1

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    You're welcome. :)

13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I saw the movie in the theater opening day, and watched every episode's premiere, save one (Point of No Return). I've also watched the show (more than once) chronologically, though I disagree with the Story Group's timeline.

Sometimes its easier to just play them in the order on the disc. Means less getting up and swapping discs around. But for a new viewer, a first time viewer, chronological is better.

As for production order, meaning the order they were made, that would be very interesting...

14. Master Kinard

Master Kinard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2013
    OK guys I need some help. I REALLY want Trespass, The Mandalore Plot, Voyage Of Temptation and Duchess Of Mandalore to take place BEFORE Cat And Mouse using the Chronological order method. I think since Ahsoka isn't in those episodes, it'd be great to have the first batch of episodes be Anakin and Obi Wan adventures before she is introduced. My question is, is there ANYTHING that would contradict established continuity? I can ignore SMALL things, but anything large that's very easy to notice would be an issue. If it's not possible, I'm fine with that, it's just something I've really wanted to do! Thank you all!

iPodwithnomusic and cwustudent like this.
  15. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Ha, I watched Trespass the other day, when I started.

Clone Cadets
    Supply Lines
    Ambush
    Trespass
    Cat & Mouse
    The Hidden Enemy
    and so on...

So yes, you could easily insert the Mandalore trilogy in there. Actually, I'm about to start those eps right now.

PS Ahsoka is not in the Zillo Beast episodes, also.

Master Kinard likes this.
  16. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

I also disagree with the Story Group's timeline, especially since they put the Clovis arc after The Lawless, even though Obi-Wan talks about Satine like she's still alive.

cwustudent and Master Kinard like this.
  17. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    I'm actually going to move that arc to the beginning of my canon timeline. Also, Obi-Wan says he recently encounted Jango Fett in that arc so it would work better closer to AOTC.

18. Master Kinard

Dec 30, 2013
    Ok thanks! I may insert the arc to right after Trespass then!

19. Master Kinard

Dec 30, 2013
    That makes two of us then! I think I'll make Trespass the first episode of the series, then the Zillo beast arc as the second arc followed by the Mandalore arc. Then Cat and Mouse!

daniel brown likes this.
  20. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    I definitely think the Zillo Beast arc should be moved because the 'official' timeline says that arc comes just before Senate Spy. But in Senate Spy, Anakin and Padme talk as in they haven't seen each other for a long time. But they literally were together the episode before.

21. Master Kinard

Dec 30, 2013
    [/quote]Ha, I watched Trespass the other day, when I started.

Clone Cadets
    Supply Lines
    Ambush
    Trespass
    Cat & Mouse
    The Hidden Enemy
    and so on...

So yes, you could easily insert the Mandalore trilogy in there. Actually, I'm about to start those eps right now.

PS Ahsoka is not in the Zillo Beast episodes, also.[/quote]

OK so my goal is to have as many episodes as possible take place before Cat & Mouse that doesn't feature Ahsoka and can be inserted with no continuity errors. For Clone Cadets, The Battle Of Christophsis appears in the newsreel so I wouldn't place that first even though it seems like the obvious choice to have as the first episode! I'm going to try and make this order work:

Supply Lines
    Ambush
    Trespass
    The Zillo Beast
    The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    The Mandalore Plot
    Voyage Of Temptation
    Duchess Of Mandalore
    Cat & Mouse
    The Hidden Enemy
    The Clone Wars

22. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    After re-watching and having things fresh(er) in my mind, I noticed Onaconda Farr and Orn Free Taa are advisors in Satine's entourage. I can understand why Senator Taa would encourage Satine to accept Republic assistance, considering the invasion of Ryloth. He also encouraged King Katuunko to side with the Republic. But what about Senator Farr? In The Mandalore Plot, it appears that Senator Farr (and Kin Robb) is on the Council of Neutral Systems. Is it safe to assume they are advising Satine to remain neutral? In Bombad Jedi, 'uncle' Ono complains about the Republic (and Padme) neglecting Rodia, and conceding to Gunray's offers. Does that affect chronology?

[​IMG]

23. Master Kinard

Dec 30, 2013
    OK I just watched part of Voyage Of Temptation and noticed that Obi Wan refers to Anakin as Master Skywalker when introducing him to Satine. Is their any way this can be explained to take place before the movie?

You got me on that one!

OK I just realized Anakin is a Knight and never was given the title of Master. So Obi Wan is simply calling him a "Master Jedi" title that a normal person would refer to them as! Makes sense for me to keep this pre-movie!

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2ttk0t/why_do_they_call_anakin_master_in_the_clone_wars/

This reddit post really sums up the whole Anakin being called a Master thing. Works for me!

cwustudent likes this.
  24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Master Kinard

Please do not post four times in a row. This counts as spam. Use the edit button to avoid double, triple and quadruple posting. If it has been more then a day after your first post you may post once more to keep the conversation going. Otherwise do not post like that again.

25. Master Kinard

Dec 30, 2013

Apologies!