main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    It's okay.

Master Kinard likes this.
  2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Continuing my marathon, I watched The Academy last night. Almec tells Ahsoka that she's not allowed to carry a lightsaber into Sundari, bcs of the recent events with General Kenobi. I wasn't sure if that was a detail you could overlook or not.

Master Kinard likes this.
  3. Master Kinard

Master Kinard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2013

Good catch! I'll have to watch it myself and see what I think of how he says "recent". I'm not sure if it's been days, weeks or months!

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Antinnis Tremayne

Antinnis Tremayne Jedi Padawan

Jun 29, 2015
    Watching TCW for the first time, just finished season 2 and I have a question about the official chronological order that I can't find an answer to: why are the episodes "Bounty Hunters" (2.17) and the Zillo Beast duology (2.18 & 2.19) placed between "Children of the Force" (2.03) and "Senate Spy" (2.04) rather than simply in the broadcast order? No major plot or character developments (at least that I noticed) seem to suggest this placement.

Thanks for any help!

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  5. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000

I also just got here in the series and would like to add to this. It is not only unnecessary but breaks continuity. Anakin and Padme clearly hadn't seen each other for some time, which implies that that it precedes the Zillo Beast's romp through the streets of Coruscant. But then why would Anakin travel there by freighter? He quite easily could have travelled with the beast. Or is it that after the Zillo Beast attack Anakin went away again, had a bunch of adventures that we'll never see, and then returned to Coruscant? It's extraordinarily clumsy.

The chronological order is bogus. Frankly if it weren't for the promise of this show getting good after season 2 I'd be throwing in the towel with this children's cartoon.

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't get how this is still an active thread. It was created way back when TCW was alive and well. Shouldn't the chrono question from newbies to the series be directed to the main TCW thread?

7. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Do you have Twitter? I'd ask Pablo how they compiled the official chronology. Would be interesting to grill the Story Group about it. :p
    Good points! Can you think of a more appropriate place to put the Zillo Beast duology in the timeline, after Senate Spy?

And yeah, it seems Anakin had (another) adventure off-screen. Probably without Ahsoka, too...
    For conversation's sake, these are the episodes (in the official order) that have Anakin and Padme in the same scene, even if they don't converse.

0.04 Castle of Salvation (via hologram)

1.04 Destroy Malevolence

1.17 Blue Shadow Virus
    1.18 Mystery of a Thousand Moons

2.19 The Zillo Beast Strikes Back

2.04 Senate Spy

3.07 Assassin

3.04 Sphere of Influence

3.08 Evil Plans
    1.22 Hostage Crisis

3.10 Heroes on Both Sides

4.01 Water War
    4.02 Gungan Attack
    4.03 Prisoners
    4.04 Shadow Warrior

4.15 Deception (at Obi-Wan's "funeral")

4.18 Crisis on Naboo

5.20 The Wrong Jedi

6.05 An Old Friend
    6.06 The Rise of Clovis
    6.07 Crisis At The Heart

I don't recall Anakin and Padme together during Dark Disciple. I listened to the audiobook once (and that was enough). Would be interesting to know how often they saw each other between TCW's last episode and ROTS. Now I'm starting to wonder about those rumors of Anakin's death during the Outer Rim Sieges...

Raz Zaphon and Master Kinard like this.
  8. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013

I think Anakin and Padme talked about Ventress and Vos in Dark Disciple.

cwustudent and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  9. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Ah, thanks! Do you remember the situation? Like, where they were?

10. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013

In her apartment, I think.

11. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006

Thinking about that, wouldn't it make sense from a narrative point of view to have the softer, less violent episodes earlier on in the series. 'Corruption' and 'The Academy' could easily enough be season 1 as well, early on during Ahsoka's apprenticeship.

The same way I'd like to have the Umbara arc closer to the murder of Senator Deechi, perhaps somewhere in season 3, and perhaps the bigger battles like Geonosis when the war really began to escalate (i.e. after the neutral systems were drawn into the war more and more). Stuff like 'Sphere of Influence' could very well be closer to 'Trespass' (i.e. in season 1, too) rather than in season 3.

The first season droid arc should be before the Malevolence arc due to the reference to Ahsoka's flying in the latter arc. In addition, Malevolence being destroyed immediately before the Gunray arc fits much better with Tyranus growing very annoyed with Grievous' performance. The fiasco with the Malevolence is much more severe than the loss of the station in the Droids arc.

Does it work to put 'Rookies' directly before 'ARC Troopers' continuity-wise? I find they should be directly follow each other because it is quite clear that the destruction of the station was the prelude for the attack on Kamino. Not to mention that Ventress was already on Kamino when Grievous contacted her in 'Rookies'. The idea that she left and then later returned makes little sense.

But the question is then would it make more sense to shuffle 'ARC Troopers' back or 'Rookies' forward?

Just trying to work out a workable watching order that makes sense before I'm doing a rewatch.[/quote]

cwustudent likes this.
  12. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Don't forget that Assassin directly refers to The Academy as the previous episode. They form a trilogy. I've found that shifting episodes and arcs can be very tricky, bcs of Ahsoka, who she meets, and when she meets them. (Btw, I firmly believe Bounty Hunters occurs before the Holocron trilogy.)

Bounty Hunters - Ahsoka meets Hondo
    Holocron trilogy - Ahsoka meets Jocasta
    Mandalore trilogy
    Boba Fett trilogy - Ahsoka meets Hondo again and Aura Sing
    Corruption, The Academy, Assassin - Ahsoka meets Jocasta and Aura Sing again

So, if you want to move Corruption and The Academy, you might have to move many other episodes accordingly.
    I agree. And according to production codes, the two droid episodes were produced before the Malevolence arc. And that's the order that I watch them.
    I put those two eps together for the exact reasons you explained. And I watch them before Cloak of Darkness. For me, bcs Ventress had failed several missions, Cloak of Darkness represents her last chance to prove her worth.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  13. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006

Yeah, you are right there. 'Assassin' is a rather crucial episode which is pretty fixed in the chronology due to the fact that it is after the Boba arc and most definitely before Ziro's escape.

What about the ideas to put the first Mandalore trilogy before the feature film/introduction of Ahsoka? And if you do that, where exactly is it placed.

I also like the idea to begin the series with 'Trespass'. If one does that 'Sphere of Influence' would make much more sense somewhere in season 1, too, considering that it has this TPM feeling as well as no close Ahsoka-Padmé relationship (nor is Ahsoka particularly well-trained at this point). Having it sometime after the Gunray arc would make sense. Perhaps placing it where 'Trespass' originally was would be a good idea?

The Kamino arc before the Gunray arc could make sense but would put most of the evil Ventress episodes early on in the series. But then, it sort of helps to explain how Tyranus agreed to put her down when Sidious gave his order.

I just entertained the notion to have the Kamino arc after 'Senate Murders' because it would be an interesting CIS reaction if they decided to target Kamino after Halle Burtoni ensured the production of new clones. But I'm not sure if this could work well.

Having Umbara close to 'Senate Murders' would be difficult, too, if one wanted to mess with the succession of the later episodes.

14. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
  15. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Finally! I've been saying for ages how obvious it was that the arc took place in Season 5!

Glad that they've finally seen sense about its placing.

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I was under the impression that it is still set after Ahsoka left the Jedi Order - since "Dave accepted where it fell" - even though it was not originally intended to be set then.

Anakin having anger management issues after losing Ahsoka as Padawan, I could see working.

revan772 likes this.
  17. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Not only was it meant to air during season 5, the arc is from season 4's production.

4.19 An Old Friend
    4.20 The Rise of Clovis
    4.21 Crisis at the Heart

18. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    It's more to do with the little details.

Palpatine still retains his Season 4 character model, which was updated in the Maul/Mandalore arc, and was kept into the fugitive arc. He also still has Senate guards, while in Fugitive he has the Red guards for the first time.

Obi-Wan also mentions Satine in the present tense, strongly implying that this is pre-Mandalore.

19. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

And apparently the tactical droid from the Clovis arc is destroyed by Anakin in "The Unknown", so there is another problem.

darkspine10 likes this.
  20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Confirmed?! That was known ever since Season 6 was released, over 2 years ago:

Source

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  21. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    I've watched The Clone Wars seasons only once, and loved them, however after some research I found out the chronological order of the seasons and episodes by Lucasfilm, and wondered if it's worth rewatching just for the different order, or if you think I should rewatch it how it was released. Thanks.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Before this thread gets closed and/or merged, you'll find the Chronological order here. I'm sure most here would recommend rewatching them in that order.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    Why would it get closed or merged? Thanks for the link too.

24. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Cause we already have an all purpose Clone Wars discussion thread that barely gets any discussion anymore anyways.

25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Exactly. That's why your thread has been merged with our pre-existing thread Captain Owen. Next time make sure there isn't a thread on the subject you wish to discuss before making a new thread.