main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    Sorry, I'm new. Thanks for the info.

2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    We were all new once, welcome to the forums!

As for your question, I personally don't care which way I watch them. Both ways are good. If you've only seen in airing order I would recommend rewatching it chronological order, it's actually really interesting! Once you get to season 4 however, things are almost completey the same.

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    It's okay. Welcome to the forums. :)

4. Captain Owen

Jan 1, 2017
    Thanks both of you, and I may just do that Sandtrooper956.
    Also, general question, is there any sort of go-to person, who is active and will help me navigate my way around the forums, alongside, explaining some stuff to me?

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Any of the mods are willing to help with any questions you have. So don't be afraid to ask for help alright?

6. Captain Owen

Jan 1, 2017
    Thanks, I also found a thread about adoptions which I believe will solve mostly of my questions.

7. bobyjhon132

bobyjhon132 Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2017
    So is there a custom Clone Wars episode list in the works or should I just go with the list DarthMarino made?

8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    One thing annoys me about the official order. Occasionally, the newsreels have footage from situations that haven't happened yet.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  9. Clone Commander Cassius

Clone Commander Cassius Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2016
  10. FVD

FVD Jedi Knight

Mar 17, 2009
    I hope the Crystal Crisis and Bad Batch arcs get rendered as I do think the Crystal Crisis arc would make for a more suitable Season 6 opener. And I do find "The Lost Missions" title to be more of a compilation of sorts. The arcs don't seem to flow seamlessly for me, but I'll watch through them again. And I agree that the Clovis arc should be placed within Season 5 too.

11. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Where would you put it?

12. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    It should go before Revival at the latest, as that ep introduces Palpatine's older Season 5 character model, while Clovis still uses the younger Season 4 model. There's also the use of Senate guards, whilst after Revival Palpatine only uses Red Guards.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I tried watching it that way the other night, bcs of the Satine connection. Personally, I didn't like it. I needed a break after Crisis At The Heart. I found that I enjoyed this order: Clovis -> Younglings -> Maul-dalore.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    If you go by production codes (not an ironclad guide to the order) then Clovis slots in between Onderon and the Youngling arc.
    However this also means the Droids/Gascon arc would be shifted after the Maul/Mandalore arc, so prod codes should always be taken with a grain of salt.

(Watching the series in prod code order would be a fascinating way to watch TCW, especially in the early stages where eps from different arcs were produced interweaved with each other. For example, ep 1 would be Catle of Deception (2nd 20 minute section of the movie), ep 2 would be Downfall of a Droid, eps 3 and 4 would round out the Castle trilogy, ep 5 would be Bombad Jedi, and ep 6 would be Duel of the Droids. A very eclectic order indeed.)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  15. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Is there any reason the Droids / Gascon arc can't go directly after Maul / Mandalore?

16. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I can't think of a reason. It was produced that way. Point of No Return does segue into Sabotage well, considering production and story.

17. FVD

FVD Jedi Knight

Mar 17, 2009
    Pretty much where Darth Marino has them placed for the moment.

18. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    No actually, not that I can think of. The droids arc is pretty self contained, and could probably slot anywhere in the season. I guess it just makes the end of the season less climaxtic, breaking up the two more important arcs with a light he comedic one.

But there's no hard and fast rule saying it should go anywhere.

19. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    It does a nice job breaking up two Ahsoka heavy arcs.

I've actually tried to watch the droid arc after Mandalore. I agree the pacing for the series isn't as good. You really don't need a break in the drama at that point. It's more satisfying to plunge right into Ahsoka's defining arc. Also it means switching discs an extra three times.

That said, it's interesting to see Obi-Wan in the Droids / Gascon arc. He is in the first and last Episode. In the first episode Obi-Wan's standing in the background, I don't think he ever speaks. Which in a way could be Obi-Wan dealing with events in the Maul / Mandalore arc silently reflecting while still keeping up with more procedural tasks at the Jedi Temple. And then in the last episode you have Obi-Wan and Anakin at the meeting together. Watched before Mandalore, it's just Obi-Wan being in a meeting and other business as usually stuff.

So I still keep Gascon before Maul.

cwustudent likes this.
  20. FVD

FVD Jedi Knight

Mar 17, 2009
    I actually wouldn't mind it if they split those 4 parts from the movie and made them proper episodes with quotes and reels, etc. Now wouldn't that be interesting?!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    And all your really need is Tom Kane narration kvet clips from other eps.

I wonder if they ever recorded newsreels for the original episode cuts, or whether the movie decision was made first?

22. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I forgot if this has been addressed or not, but if Shadow Warrior is after Gungan Attack (where the Gungans act directly on the Republic’s side), then why do the Gungans act neutral in Shadow Warrior?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm not sure what you mean by "act neutral". I thought the Gungans were always on the Republic's side ever since they helped defend Naboo from the Separatists as depicted in TPM. In "Shadow Warrior", the Gungan leader was apparently ready to launch on attack on the Naboo people only because he was under the influence of his PM (who was in league with Dooku).

24. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    @Darth Wookiee & @Ahsoka's Tano

I know this one.

Shadow Warrior was originally written and produced taking place before Gungan Attack. The episode order was intended to be Shadow Warrior, Mercy Mission, Nomad Droids, and then Water War followed by Gungan Attack. But the episode order was shuffled around so season 4 could have an hour long two episode premiere of big Clone Wars battle under the seas of Mon Cala.

The episdoe order became Water War, Gungan Attack, Prisioners, Shadow Warrior, Mercy Missions, Nomad Droids, then the four part Umbara story.

This decision was made early enough that a few changes were made to Gungan Attack to add in some continuity for later like the inclusion of Rish Loo and Captin Tarpuls in silent roles on Naboo. In the orignal intended order they both had already died in Shadow Warrior.

The problem is the plot was not changed to help the story match up. So now you go from Prisioners with the Gungan army loyally fighting side by side with the Republic and Mon Cala in order to free the planet Mon Calamari from the Separatists to the very next episode Shadow Warrior telling us the Gungan's haven't been seen in a while and are rumored to be plotting with the Separatists to invade Theed. That really doesn't make sense.

Also it's very clear Shadow Warrior is the first time most of the characters have met Boss Lyonie. Also Anakin and Padme haven't seen Jar Jar for a long time, but in this order Jar Jar was with them for most of the previous 2 Episode. It doesn't add up.

Personally I watch season 4 in production Order with Shadow Warrior first. I'd rather see two character who should be dead return as background characters in a silent role during Gungan Attack than deal with the incongruity and nonsensical story telling choices created with the order the episodes were released in and official chronologic order says they should be watched in.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    MrDarth0, FVD, daniel brown and 2 others like this.
  25. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    1.01 Castle of Deception
    1.02 Downfall of a Droid
    1.03 Castle of Doom
    1.04 Castle of Salvation

1.05 Bombad Jedi
    1.06 Duel of the Droids
    1.07 Rising Malevolence

1.08 Ambush
    1.09 Shadow of Malevolence
    1.10 Cloak of Darkness

1.11 Destroy Malevolence
    1.12 Lair of Grievous
    1.13 Cargo of Doom
    1.14 Rookies
    1.15 Storm Over Ryloth
    1.16 Dooku Captured
    1.17 Innocents of Ryloth
    1.18 The New Padawan
    1.19 Liberty on Ryloth
    1.20 The Gungan General
    1.21 Voyage of Temptation
    1.22 Jedi Crash
    1.23 Holocron Heist
    1.24 Defenders of Peace

1.25 Trespass
    1.26 Blue Shadow Virus

2.01 The Hidden Enemy
    2.02 Mystery of a Thousand Moons
    2.03 Children of the Force

2.04 Hostage Crisis
    2.05 Senate Spy
    2.06 The Deserter
    2.07 Landing at Point Rain
    2.08 Weapons Factory

2.09 Legacy of Terror
    2.10 Senate Murders
    2.11 Lightsaber Lost
    2.12 Brain Invaders

2.13 The Mandalore Plot
    2.14 Grievous Intrigue
    2.15 Death Trap
    2.16 Duchess of Mandalore
    2.17 Cat and Mouse
    2.18 R2 Come Home
    2.19 Bounty Hunters
    2.20 Lethal Trackdown
    2.21 Assassin

2.22 The Zillo Beast
    2.23 The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    2.24 Supply Lines
    2.25 Sphere of Influence
    2.26 The Academy

3.01 Clone Cadets
    3.02 ARC Troopers
    3.03 Evil Plans
    3.04 Corruption
    3.05 Hunt For Ziro
    I was surprised by which episodes were produced before and after Ryloth, in re: to Ahsoka's journey. Ahsoka commands a squadron quite early, and then the more personal episodes that cement her bond with Anakin (Maridun & Naboo), except Cargo of Doom was before Ryloth. He gets anxious when Bane puts pressure on his Padawan. It makes me wonder why Anakin wasn't in Cloak of Darkness. I mean, besides the IU reason that he wants to make sure Padme is safe. Not that I mind Ahsoka interacting with Luminara.