main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, well that's rather definitive, ha.

2. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Remember folks when I proposed that the Ryloth trilogy could potentially take place after after the Bane episodes? Well I rewatched "Storm Over Ryloth" and it looks like I was wrong; Ahsoka is specifically mentioned to have gotten her first command role in that episode. Since she plays a command role again in "Holocron Heist", it means that the airing order of the Ryloth and Bane episodes is the chronologically-correct one. That means we have no choice but to deal with an Ahsoka who hasn't really learned to not disobey orders. [face_not_talking]

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    However Republic Heroes DS edition implies that the Battle of Ryloth takes place pre-Droid Duo. Bane and Anakin do not recognise each other during the DS edition missions on Ryloth, as well...

Does that work?

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I can't see that working because of Wild Space.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I guess this is the reference to the week between Wild Space and the movie whereby Anakin & Ahsoka are stuck on Coruscant?

During this week, Crisis on Coruscant takes place, so that rest is invalidated... I think I can argue that Ryloth takes place here. They were supposed to be resting on Coruscant, I assume. Anakin's reference to 'it's been over a week' could be a reference to another battle, but Christophsis is one of the bigger battles so they're reporting it so much in the news and Senate yet not the Battle of Ryloth.

6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Well, in the novel, the story takes place during the events of the two Droid episodes. Both Anakin and Ahsoka are on their mission to Bothawui and chase after Grievous, while Obi-Wan is with Bail. I did't see any downtime on Coruscant, other than the plot about Bothawui setting up. Ryloth could take place after the events of Wild Space and the two droid episodes. Anything before is too early. Mainly, because of Ahsoka, and the detail Wild Space gave. Crisis on Coruscant, though, may work.

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Hmmmm. The week referred to is on page 42 of Wild Space which implies that it has been over a week since Christophsis, but the reference is vague enough that it could be a reference to 'over a week' since they were out of the war. Is that vague enough to allow for the Battle of Ryloth to take place between TCW and Droid Duo?

Crisis on Coruscant has to take place pre-Droid Duo either way, as Gha Nackt is still alive, as I understand.

8. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Not between, no. Obi-Wan and Bail and Anakin and Ahsoka are on separate missions, taking place simultaneously. I believe that reference was about Christophsis. Ryloth could take place after, but nothing so far sets up the battle, besides seeing it in a few season one webcomics.

You're right about Crisis on Coruscant, though. Dex is featured in the choose your destiny book, and so is Gha Nackt.

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    They're on separate missions in Crisis on Coruscant? I know they're on separate missions during Wild Space/Droid Duo, but I was referring to the period between TCW and Wild Space - the 'over the week' free...?

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No, sorry, I meant Wild Space.

As for the "over the week" free time, what do you think that could fit in between there? Crisis on Coruscant, most likely. But, I still don't know about Ryloth taking place too early, near the events of Wild Space, the Droid episodes, and Crisis on Coruscant.

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Unfortunately the Republic Heroes DS game places the initial elements of the Ryloth campaign before Droid Duo, has the various episodes take place during an extended plotline lasting through to post-Nute Trilogy using various characters, including Bane and Anakin meeting for the first time on Ryloth, and ending with a battle at Juma 9 and then a Battle of Mustafar which is in-part depicted in Lightsaber Duels... and then picks up in the Republic Heroes Wii game with the villain using the surviving droids on Ryloth to continue the engagement there, with even more Bane-related elements between him and the main cast, with Bane even sabotaging Dooku's shuttle...

So for the DS game to work Ryloth needs to take place pre-Droid Duo, and then the general siege last until the end of season one (with, as an aside, a second engagement on Christophsis as well, before the end of the DS game - and then there are further engagements on Christophsis (and Rodia) in Jedi Alliance as well.)

This then nudged=s Ryloth pre-Droid Duo, and into the week shared with Crisis on Coruscant. There is space for it, nominally, but it is convoluted...

12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I consider the DS storyline to be non-canon, as it completely messes up a lot of storylines. Wookieepedia does the same, but I don't know if Chee would consider it.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I take the view that everything is canon up to the point where I am told it isn't, and if it doesn't intrude with the plot, or actually makes canon work better - i.e. the pre-TPM Battle of Mandalore which is non-canon but rounds off the expanded Mandalorian Civil War plotline we've been handed by TCW - then I include it.

Thus, at the point, I have to take into account the DS version, even if the DS versions tend to be less canon-friendly (as seen in Elite Squadron).

14. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Well I have very bad news for you: the webcomic Covetous, which takes place before Wat Tambor conquers Ryloth, shows Passel Argente with the RA-7 protocol droid he purchased off of Gha Nachkt in the webcomic Discount, which takes place in the middle of the Droid-duology. There is simply no way that the Republic Heroes DS version of events can work out. However, the problem is solved if we treat Republic Heroes DS as an adaptation of events from the TV series (which by all accounts it is); the "source" materials always rank higher in canon than adapted materials in the event of canon disputes.

15. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I'm believe the DS version of the game is completely non-canon.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Interesting, interesting. Thanks, Admiral. Reposting my post from elsewhere;

It has been argued by Wookieepedia that the Battle of Ryloth depicted in the game is very dissimilar to the TV series, though while I originally chalked this up to additional detail in the battle itself, it may be that the discrepancies allow for a {First) Battle of Ryloth.

I'd rather not consider it an adaptation when it has many differing and unique elements; Bane's introduction being a key one, ditto Grievous' attempt to betray Dooku at Mustafar and so forth. I consider things adaptations only if we are told, ideally. I think it'll be necessary to have Three Battles of Ryloth, like I say...

17. MadameLibrarian

MadameLibrarian Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2010
    I was rewatching some of season 2 episodes and notice that in Senate Murders, there is a Gran senator that looks exactly like Senator Kharrus.

Doesn't this means that The Gungan General takes place after Senate Murders?

[image=http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1290/kharrus1.png][image=http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2296/kharrus2.png]

18. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010

Hmm, the Wook doesn't mention anything, but those are definitely his clothes, and he has his cane. So it looks like we have to move the Dooku duology further down the timeline.

19. SidoDyas

SidoDyas Jedi Master star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    I remember noticing Kharrus (or his twin) back when the episode was airing. However, I do not see his cane. Where did you spot it? That should confirm it if it is there.

The three Grans in the senate scene have very similar clothes. Only one has clothes identical to Kharrus, which could be explained as a coincidence based on how similar the Gran officials seem to dress. Though it seems like the the production crew would not make him look just like Kharrus unless he is in fact the ill-fated senator.

20. mighty_mouse_droid

Apr 11, 2010
    Look at the image on the left, with the three Grans. The one on the right (supposedly Kharrus) is holding the cane, or scepter or whatever you want to call it. I checked the footage from the "Gungan General" episode and it appears to be the correct length. Granted, diplomatic officials can have the same uniform, but it would be a MIGHTY big coincidence for them to have the same cane as well.

However, if this is true, then we have other problems as well. Obi and Ani meet Hondo for the first time during the Dooku duology which means that all Hondo episodes from now on take place AFTER "Senate Murders", unless specified otherwise.

21. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I still can't see a cane in that picture.

22. mighty_mouse_droid

Apr 11, 2010

Yeah, sorry, my bad. His undergarments shadows and hands make it look like he's holding the cane in front of him. He's not.

23. MadameLibrarian

MadameLibrarian Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2010
    I agree. I know that they usually reuses some of the background caracters models, especially in episodes that take place in Coruscant or the Senate. But if they needed to put a Graan Senator in Onaconda's funeral why didn't use it one of the other two models with diferent colors? Or even if it is the case of using one of the pre-used models why they didn't go with Senator Philo instead?

24. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    I always invisioned Senate Murders was after the Battle of Duro, hoping to self retcon it so Dave didn't mess up a total canon source. I guess, now if the Kharrus doppleganger is actually Kharrus, everything I hoped for is a lie :_|

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The cane could be part of a uniform/denotes position/title/rank for the Grans. Thus, even if the senator died, the one who replaced him/was promoted to his position, would carry a cane that looks the same, and wear a uniform identifical to the dead Senator's.

Until we have confirmation they're the same character- I don't see a reason to radically realign all the Hondo episodes because of what is probably a recycled background character model.

As to the DS Ryloth stuff, IIRC when someone posted the dialogue exchanges a few months ago, while it may seem like their first meeting, it wasn't definitely phrased as such- in other words, vague enough to fudge the conversation/situation and chalk it up to exposition for the particular story being told.