main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Clone Wars: Darth Maul is Back

Discussion in 'Community' started by RangerFett, Feb 6, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Nightsisters is the first part of a trilogy that they aired as a film in theaters for a special screening event back in early December.

The whole trilogy is awesome and works better as a movie than the "actual" TCW movie did.

And man, the visuals look amazing on the big screen, let me tell you. The audio, too (the deep evil echo that underlines Mother Taozin's dialogue has some great bass kick in theaters).

I arrived late to the screening, so I missed the first half of this chapter, so it's nice to finally fill in what I missed. That space battle woulda been cool to see on the big screen. Glad that they mostly worked in Ventress's comic backstory as well.

2. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
  3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I missed most of the episode, but I caught the end and it was awesome to see Savage effortlessly slaughtering clones, droids and Jedi.

I've been working my way through the Season One DVDs and I'd say I have to agree with that article. The combination of beautiful animation, fun stories and great action makes Clone Wars a VERY addictive and highly watchable show.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The trials were impressive, as was the development of Savage as a character. He does look very intimidating, a lot larger than Darth Maul was.

I am curious as to how Zabraks of the Iridonian variety came to be on Dathomir, I wonder if the story will elaborate on that further.

5. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  6. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    :eek: :cool: YAY! More Qui-gonn.

7. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    Hmm...I thought Obi-Wan didn't know Qui-Gonn had learned how to become a ghost until the end of RotS? [face_thinking]

8. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

Lucas is making a lot of very smart moves with the Clone Wars. This is one of the smartest. It draws lots of attention, and to have an actor the caliber of Liam Neeson voicing Qui Gonn just adds to the "cool factor."

The Nightsisters and Monster episodes were great. They're the only two I've ever watched, and I enjoyed them.

Having guest directors is a cool idea too. Walter Murch is a great choice. He's a very talented man.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Qui-Gon spoke to Obi-Wan in the novel Rogue Planet, iirc. Or maybe it was Anakin; I can't really remember.

10. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Exactly. But continuity was never something Lucas seemed to care about much, so why should this move surprise us?

11. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    Continuity was something that Lucas NEVER cared about? I think the last 5 minutes of ROTS proves that's simply not true. It's a smooth bridge into Episode IV.

Besides, if you've seen the brief clip of the exchange between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn in the CW episode, their interaction is justified.

Furthermore, when Luke first saw Obi-Wan in the Empire Strikes Back, it was not necessary for him to have advance knowledge that Obi-Wan had learned how to become a ghost in order to receive Obi-Wan's message of going to Dagobah and seeking Yoda.

12. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Not enough sideburns, methinks.

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    If memory serves he tried to influence Anakin's actions in Jedi Trial.

14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, I think I recall that now that you mention it. Been so long since I read either one of those books. Oh well, that's what Del Rey gets for putting important plot moments in bad novels. :p

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It was cool seeing Delta Squad in the recent episode

16. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    I've watched the last two, and have been impressed. Love the animation--stylized and elegant. Good plots, too.

17. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    Of course, but then it also wouldn't make sense for him to be shocked if Yoda told him later in the film Obi-Wan had learned to force ghost ("Obi-Wan?!")

18. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Episode: Overlords (NEW)

* NEW

8:30 - 9:00 PM TOON

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    So what happened? I thought tonight's episode was supposed to feature Qui-gonn. Instead we got an (admittedly good) episode about Asoka foiling a hit on Padme by Aurra Sing.

20. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Beats me.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Hasn't that episode already aired before?

22. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Recap of "Overlords"

Liam Neeson, Pernilla August and Sam Witwater all voice roles in "Overlords" and a mighty pox on the person who decided to show a rerun in Canada instead. :mad:

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Impressed by the new episode. It was good to have Qui Gon feature again (even though I heard Liam Neeson dislikes his involvement with the franchise).

Lucas seems keen to push home the idea that Anakin is the most powerful Jedi ever to exist, yet even in his future state as Darth Vader encased in a mechanical shell he still would be amongst the most powerful yet he is defeated by his own apprentice Starkiller. I have always been of the assumption that, were Vader not so vulnerable to the Emperor's lightning, he could defeat him because his force powers are superior. Lucas seems to contradict Vader's abilities in certain sources so it would be nice to get clarity.

It is interesting seeing an episode whre characters are conflicted, I hope the rest of the episodes in this story arc will reveal more about the characters.

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    That sounds like it was a great episode. I'm really freaking pissed that we got a rerun.

25. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Episode: Altar of Mortis (NEW)

* NEW

8:30 - 9:00 PM TOON