Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Garrett Atkins, Mar 23, 2013.
Can't edit my first point, but I meant to say Anakin is horribly portrayed in the movies.
Where's a mod when you need a redundant thread nuked?
Nothing wrong with the thread. If you want a mod, look at the previous page.
Anakin is not 19 in ROTS.
Sure you can. People do the same thing to the dark side of the Force every day.
Why would I bother looking at anything on a redundant, regurgitated thread?
You're still posting in it, so please enlighten me.
Guys, enough. I feel this is a perfectly legit topic. If you can find the thread this is a duplicate of and post the link for me (cuz my memory ain't in the best shape) I'll close this one.
And BTW I can edit posts for you guys after your edit time has run out if you need.
I completely disagree with the premise of this thread.
1. Anakin is a brash, arrogant young Jedi who is jealous of Obi-Wan but loves him and his wife, Padme dearly. In the show, he is with his Padawan most of the time. The Jedi Council from Episode III would never give Anakin, who is 19 years old at the time a Padawan. He is also too good in the Clone Wars and I could never see him turn to the Dark Side.
Yes, he is in the show largely accompanied by his Padawan, which makes perfect sense. Too good? The amount of times I've heard the "Imperial March" playing when he's on screen. I despised Anakin in the PT, this show has actually helped explain his fall and his relationship with the Jedi Council a lot. Whether or not it was a good idea to give Anakin in the first place is a whole other debate.
2. Obi-Wan from the movies is wise and a powerful Jedi. He is also a quick thinker, beating three powerhouses in duels with this technique. In the Clone Wars he has never won a duel except versus Opress.
He lost to Dooku in embarrassing fashion in AOTC and ROTS. Although the show could have used more Obi-Wan badassery, I agree.
3. Padme is never shown with Anakin in the show. I always thought they were close together most of the war, except for the final 5 months, but Anakin and Ashoka seem to be dating.
Ahsoka is Anakin's apprentice, God forbid she's with him - and Padmé has actually had a fair amount of scenes with Anakin in the show.
4. Sidious should never have dueled Maul and Opress, it is something he would never do as a movie character. I always thought the Windu fight was his first real fight, a technique he had perhaps discovered in Holocrons.
He would never take care of such a big threat? As for him potentially trusting Dooku to do the job for him, Ventress being alive would give him pause. Seems perfectly logical to me for him to go to Mandalore himself.
5. Yoda should have only seen action in AOTC, Yoda: Dark Rendevonus, and ROTS.
Yoda hasn't done much "action" in the show. He mostly just talks.
6. Mace Windu seems to trust Anakin in the show. He almost hates him in ROTS.
Well it is apparent you haven't seen the latest arc. Mace openly tells Anakin he doesn't trust him when it comes to matters concerning Ahsoka.
7. Count Dooku is totally different in TCW. Why is he such a devious character. He smiled, taunts, and has a certain charm to him in the movies, in TCW not so much. Watch ROTS to see what I'm saying, and picture it as a TCW episode. You'll be surprised that these are the same character. He duels Anakin three times, contradictary to the movies. And what is up with his head?
Not a big fan of the model, either. There's no inherent contradiction between the films and the show in this regard, it's a matter of interpretation. He could have been used as a politician more, I digress.
8. Grievous has defeated 1 Jedi in TCW, has faced a 13-year-old padawan twice and hasn't won. He has met Anakin quite a few times, and has faced Kenobi. How did he defeat Four Masters before ROTS?
He has never met Anakin in the show, he nearly killed Ahsoka the second time they met - if it wasn't for Hondo, Ahsoka would've been toast. They could have used him better.
9. Asajj Ventress, although not in the movies, is the best EU character in this time period. And what do they do to this fearsome apprentice. Have her be unable to beat a 13-year old Padawan, Kill no Jedi, get betrayed by Dooku, and have her become a Bounty Hunter who gets her lightsabers stolen. (No!)
Asajj has in my opinion received the best character treatment out of all the TCW characters. Her getting betrayed by Dooku is consistent with the EU, just not in the same way. Her remaining
10. Nute Gunray and the Separatist Council, where are they?
This I agree with completely. Outside of a few episodes and cameos, we have barely seen them.
I disagree with this entire thread besides #4 and #10....
What, no #34? I'm disappointed in your bias!
I don't have much of an opinion on this outside numbers 1, 2, and 3.
1. LOL. So many people complained about Anakin's portrayal in AOTC, yet when he is given a better portrayal in TCW, it's a problem? Does not compute.
My take on it is that AOTC and ROTS tried to tell so much story in so little time that when Anakin was on screen, he was always at his worst. There was almost no time to just show him having a good day and bantering with Obi-Wan, the speeder chase in AOTC and the opening of ROTS aside. I'm glad TCW gave us more of this.
2. Pretty much agree. IMO the problem is that Filoni doesn't like Obi-Wan, and responded to requests for more Obi-Wan screen time with more screen time for Obi-Wan--getting his ass kicked.
3. Padme and Anakin were maintaining a secret marriage; they weren't together as much as your average married couple as they had to sneak around to be together. From the books, Anakin snuck in during the evening and snuck out the next morning, or Anakin went to her apartment when he had some off time and they never left, because they couldn't be seen in public together. Aside from showing some intimate scenes in her apartment, which I'm sure people would complain about (see: Senate Spy and Evil Plans) it would be difficult to show them together very often given their circumstances. In fact, I thought the show shoehorned Padme in on Anakin's assignments and vice versa.
Anakin is my favorite part of the cartoons. My second is Obi Won Kenobi. I kind of wish every episode was just about these two guys because it enhances the Revenge of the Sith when Kenobi says "You were my brother Anakin" because you would first see Kenobi and Anakin as brothers in the 5 or more seasons of the Clone Wars cartoons. Stories are better when the protagonists are more likeable. The 6 films are only around 2 hours long. The films had to focus on the bad things about Anakin. The show has more time to explore the good things about Anakin.
Personally, I clearly see The Clone Wars fits with the PT :
1. No contradiction between TCW and PT.
2. I find the same characters plus new ones.
3. Characters have the same personality that they had in AOTC and they evolve in order to be like in ROTS.
Lucas logic that's why