main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars- Episode 103: Shadow of Malevolence Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tordelback

Tordelback Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2008
    Well indeed. My questions are how and why did Plo have a personalised Delta fighter on board Anakin's ship? Did somebody pop back to Coruscant to pick up his spare? Do they carry personalised fighters for all Council members just in case? (That would explain the 192 Etas the ICS book places aboard each Venator). Whatever way you cut it, the Republic Navy really looks after its Generals!

2. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000

The tower was the farthest away.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, good point- perhaps the timespan between part 1 and 2 permitted it to be sent over? Or he made a trip to Coruscant and came back with it.

4. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I've only ONE problem with the series. Asoka's eyes. A Torgruta's eyes are all black, as in the entire eyeball, like Jedi master SHaak Ti. WHy are Asoka's white with blue irisus and black pupils? She didn't appear to be a human/Torgruta hybred.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/4/44/Shaak_Ti_Big_Headshot.jpg/250px-Shaak_Ti_Big_Headshot.jpg]

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, for all-black eyes wouldn't that be Kit Fisto and his species?

7. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Ahsoka's wearing colored contacts.;)

8. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    anyone know what the ratings were like for this episode? I'm kinda curious. I'm hoping that it kept up the good ratings for the first week and didn't die off.

9. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I found something on TVbythenumbers:

Though we didn?t get the data for it from Nielsen, we?ve seen from other sources that Friday?s episode of the Star Wars: Clone Wars had 2.8 million viewers and that The Sarah Silverman Program had 2.4 million (thanks to ?Rich from Aussie land?).

10. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007

11. assaultfish

assaultfish Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2008
    Hi :)Here's one for ya :p I was wondering if anyone knows something about the short theme played at the very end of this episode, specifically the bit where Ahsoka walks up to Anakin in the hangar bay. Thanks :)

12. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Yep Nautolians have black eyes too. There are probably a few more specisis like this, but I'll have to look them up.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks... I wondered, though, because the posted pic of Shaak-Ti shows that her eyes are not all black (at least not like Kit Fisto as an example).

14. SoonerSean

SoonerSean Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2007
    Maybe the eyes change color over time as they mature. (hey... it's just a theory)

15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Considering Shaak Ti, Ahsoka and the youngling in ROTS all have whites of their eyes clearly visible, maybe the EU source (?) regarding fully black eyes is wrong or outdated.

16. JMM

JMM Author: The Forgotten War, SW Fact File star 3 VIP

Jul 9, 1998
    This eye issue is an example of why authors shouldn't write in absolute terms. "All Togrutas have black eyes." This is also part of the problem that whenever we see an alien first appear, authors seem to think all members of that species have to be identical. No real reason for it.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's not an EU source, just a poster with a mistaken impression, as far as I can tell.

18. aesium

aesium Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2004
    I really enjoyed the last second rush to destroy the ion cannon. The shot from inside Plo's ship goin down along side the ship really put it in perspective of their meer size compared to the Malevolence. Also, when Greivous yells "Fire" you can definitely tell his compassion on destroying the medical station.

19. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    I caught up by watching the first three episodes at TOS since I don't receive the Cartoon Network. Shadow of Malevolence might be by favorite episode of the first three - no knock against the first two: they are good, too.

I love Plo Koon's character. I'm glad we're seeing him in more than one episode. I hope other Council members get the same treatment.

20. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I liked, but didn't love this one. My favorite moment was the Battle Droids....

"Its easier fighting them when they aren't shooting back," droid one says

"Um, I still can't seem to hit them," droid two responds. [face_laugh]

General Grievous's cough was out of place when considered alongside the other animated series, where he only develop's his cough after Mace crushes his chest with the Force during the Battle of Coruscant. Very minor stuff, but it did jump out. Having Grievous with the cough the whole time will work fine too.:)

So we've now got a Clone Trooper named Broadside and a Transformer named Broadside......the Crossover Toy should be awesome :p

I love Grievous thus far, keeping Matt Wood on voice duty was brilliant. I can't wait for the episode in his lair.

21. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003

I agree as well.

Anybody know if they will keep the 'original' backstory on grievous??

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They seem to have added a new facet to his backstory, but one that's not incomptaible with the existing backstory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.