main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars- Episode 106: Downfall of a Droid Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 5, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Something I just noticed re-watching the film was that Gha Nachkt( the Trandoshan droid trader) was seated at the bar in Ziro the Hutt's reception chamber on Coruscant. Thought it was kinda neat to see him there after having just watched his intro in EP 106 :)

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Also, anyone notice that scenes from the space battle were in the introduction to the second episode?

3. darth_degnan

darth_degnan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2008
    So what was up with the techno music during R2's attempted escape?

It was very strange.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They've talked about giving each environment it's own feel in terms of music and ethnic origins.

My guess? The Trandoshan ship was an environment full of droids & salvaged technology. So they probably went for a techno-feel for the music to reflect that droid-focus.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    AT-TE's should have been S-PHATs (or whatever they were called), logically, I suppose.

6. Maphisto86

Maphisto86 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    Well those SPHA Walkers are huge and I am guessing that it would be difficult or impossible to deploy them in those asteroids. Even if they where . . . I am sure they would be spotted by the Separatist ships.

Anyway, I finally saw the episode since I lived in Canada and we get them a week late in comparison to the States. It was very good and what I have come to expect from this series.

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Was anybody thinking of Halo when they showed that shot of the Separatist frigates emerging from the asteroid field, with the Venators and the ring in the background?

8. SpudTheBlackLab

SpudTheBlackLab Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2019
    Never posted here before and I've never watched The Clone Wars before, but I'm trying to get through all of it before Episode 9.

I noticed something in season 1 episode 6 and it made me curious. At 6 minutes in Anakin is unconscious and a medical droid pulls something out of his prosthetic arm that appears to allow him to wake up. What was that thing?

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's funny I just re-watched this episode last night. I assume it may be something relating to spending time in the Bacta tank; at least that's my guess.

The one thing that got to me about the episode was that Grievous, an advanced droid himself, got to see the full schematics and tactical maneuvers of the Republic as they opened up R2. How come on the fly he couldn't just remember them? If he had plugged himself in immediately before dealing with Anakin and Ahsoka, he'd have all that information to relay to the Separatists.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Grievous is not a droid. He's a cyborg. He's still a living being (Kaleesh to be precise), but with extensive cybernetic implants.