The Clone Wars- Episode 108: Bombad Jedi Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by The2ndQuest, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I just don't get it; ever since ROTS, Padmé has been bashed to the point of classifying as unworthy of being mother of the Twins because of her lack of action & now that we get see more of her old self people are gonig to start complaining about it as well???:confused: :rolleyes:

Anyway, I ABSOLUTLY LOVED THIS EPISODE!!![face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love][face_love][face_love] ..the only thing that threw me off a little was the line about Padmé's father being in the Senete...:confused:
  2. Tordelback Jedi Knight

star 2

"Elevate", man, the word you want is "elevate"!

3. obi-rob-kenobi4 Force Ghost

star 4

Agreed, I don't get it ether. Padme is probably my favorite character in the whole saga and just because of her death and the fact that her character was a person that was 9 months pregnant in ROTS fans have no mercy with her too now:mad:. I have the utmost respect for her character, i don't think i could ever imagine a more beautiful, strong, intelligent, supportive person with such a good heart and good morals. I grew up watching her character and when the star wars saga ended before my eyes in that dark movie theater in may 2005 it ended with her death.@};-
  4. Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has a problem with Padmé's bashing:D ...I grew up with her too and I feel the same way.@};-
  5. Tordelback Jedi Knight

star 2
    Add my vote to the Padme Appreciation Society. My single biggest beef with the prequels is Padme's treatment in Episode III - she goes from "Our fate will be no different from that of our people" and "I'm going to rescue Master Kenobi" to lying down and dying of a broken heart. I'm looking to TCW to give me back Action Padme!
  6. Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I've a theory as to why she dies...but I feel this is not the thread for discuss it...if you are interested I'll share with you!:D
  7. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    There's the being pregnant thing which would tend to get in the way. Also, she expressed disgust at the formation of the Empire and ran off, after Anakin, into danger. Seems like the same characterization to me. Or should she have suicidally attacked Palpatine's stormtrooper legions on Coruscant?
  8. Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  9. GH-7 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't have a problem with Padme in RotS. She's a politician after all, not a soldier. She's just being pregnant and living her life while everything goes to hell around her. I can say hell, right? They said it in the show.

Well, the whole "died of a broken heart" thing is still a little weird. But yeah, the more Padme Croft, the better!
  10. SuperPersch Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't have one single problem with Padme. Ever. She's always willing to fight for what's right, be it politically or physically. She was pregnant with TWINS in RotS, what else could she do??? Did people expect her to go to Utapau with Obi Wan and fight Grevious or something?

And I found her death to be very poignant and poetic. I mean she did lose her husband, the Republic, the Jedi. Her life, more or less. I think I'd die, too.

And as I think I've said waaaay earlier, she was just as awesome in this episode.
  11. Ludo_Kressh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    She was totally bombad in this episode!:D (Sorry..:p )
  12. Biddybot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Warning: Mini-rant ahead before I get to the episode! Reference Padme: I have had zero use for this character ever since she fell for Anakin in AOTC. Why? Because she knew beforehand that the guy had emotional problems. She knew he had flown into at least one fit of insane rage during which he'd killed numerous women and children as well as men. And she knew that Jedi were not to personalize their caring and compassion for others, that it was meant to be universal and all-encompassing similar to what's asked of some religious leaders in our own society, and that Anakin was having trouble adhering to that requirement. Yet despite all that and despite supposedly being the older, more mature of the two, she went for him anyway and even married him--just a stupid, stupid move, as well as an immoral one. That's if you assess Padme's decisions from an adult perspective. If you want to look at it from a Teen Love comic book level, with her falling for the equivalent of the brooding, switchblade-wielding loner from the wrong side of the tracks, then I guess it doesn't matter so much and she's an okay character.

An okay episode too, although more childish than most. I enjoyed Jar Jar's foolishness. Very much in character, and since it was a kids' episode, I couldn't take offense. I think the art style of the series suits Jar Jar very well--it suits a lot of the less human-looking aliens--and he, the Rodians and C-3PO all looked great. With Nute, I liked his face, but thought his body too scrawny--ditto Padme. I especially don't like Padme's skinny stick-figure arms (or Ahsoka's, either), but suspect that may be due to animation time and money constraints more so than an aesthetic decision. C-3PO was very well written, probably the best realized of the movie characters in this one. He and Jar Jar work nicely together, as well as do C-3PO and R2-D2, and I actually wouldn't mind watching another episode featuring the two of them. Better make it another kids' episode, though. Even though I enjoy them, I'd have a very hard time ever taking either character seriously!

Favourite bit: Jar Jar remarking, "Oh lookie! Here's a button that's still workin!", then promptly pressing it.

Least favourite: Senator Farr's several times addressing Padme as "my sweet". I know he only said it to try and appear superior and in control, but it just didn't come off right and made him sound way too much like a 'funny uncle'.
  13. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, the whole "died of a broken heart" thing is still a little weird. But yeah, the more Padme Croft, the better!
    Hmmm...I could have sworn that someone said the droid who said that wasn't actually programmed for human anatomy, but I couldn't find anything about that on wook.

Should have gotten Dr. Ball.
  14. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    "She's lost the will to live?! What was your degree in? Poetry?!"
  15. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm just saying that for the purpose of this one episode, Padme shouldn't have been given such an easy way out because, like I said earlier, this is supposed to be Jar Jar being a Jedi Knight rather than being "classical" Jar Jar.

Also, we've seen proof of Padme's resourcefulness before, and we'll most likely see it again. If she's able to get herself out of trouble every single time then she starts to develop some major character shielding.
  16. CC-7567 Jedi Padawan

I actually liked this episode. The Jar Jar humor was funny, and the banter with "3-So" was great.
  17. ThePriminister Jedi Knight

lol

Dr. Ball: Good God man, I'm a doctor, not a savage! This a flu shot! Good day sir!

Darth Vader: You will make her-

Dr. Ball: I said GOOD DAY sir!
  18. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    The Force killed Padme. She couldn't handle giving birth to Anakin's super powered children. She fufilled her destiny in giving birthing to them and died. Very tragic. The end.
  19. obi-rob-kenobi4 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow! Thats actually a very good point. I never thought of that before, its simple but it does make sense.
  20. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    o_O

Yeah right.

As much as I hate Padme, that's just ridiculous. She never had any problems before she was choked.
  21. Darth_Neznarf Jedi Master

star 1
    And the fact that Anikin choked her in the 1st place is friggin stupid. A bad story plot. She appeared very distrought when the Jedi temple was under attack, so I thik that Lucas should just made her have a nervous breakdown. I mean he loves her so much he turns on the Jedi, but strangles her??? BS LOL. Ep.3 was cool, but if they would have just moved events around a little it would have been much better. For instance, I would have done it like this...

The Jedi learn of the marrage, tell Anikin that he is under investigation and may be disspelled. This could have happened right after the rescue of Palps. (angers him, he feels that Jedi are being unfair)

Palps tells Anikin when the sep leaders are and sends him to take them out. Tells Ani that he would be the hero that ends the war and the Jedi would have to reckognize him for that. Palps would appear to still appear to be good at this point too, all the while Ani would be using the darkside and sliding more towards anger & agression. (not have the sep leaders on Mustafar but somewhere else. Have Gunray flee to Mustafar or be there already for the end so Ani has to go there. Padme did not need to be there at all if done that way)

While he was gone, Mace and a few Jedi could have figured out that Palps was the Sith lord after Obi kills Grevious on their own when he does not relinquish his seat.

Padme has a nervous breakdown worried about Ani while the Jedi temple was under attack because she does not know where he is, falls hits her head and goes into a coma. (or just has complications from her pregnancy as sometimes happens to pregnant women under stress. like in Rocky LOL)

Anikin comes back and finds out about Padme in a coma, freaks out because of his dreams, and then Palps tells him that he can save her. (I didnt like that Palps looks like the Devil (lol) when Anikin is giving the choise to join the Sith. Shes not even in danger when he decides to do so, it made no since. I know, I know, the dreams but come on!)

That would have made sooooo much more since then turning against the Jedi order and slaughtering kids and Jedi over just the dream itself. If things would have went down this way, in Anikins mind he would have had his wife that he loves dearly in REAL danger like his dreams, the Jedi (upset with him about the marrage) turning on him. And to ice the cake Palps saying he could save her. That would be enough to make him turn. I dont think that Palps should have looked like the classic emporer until the Yoda battle. They made Mace look more powerfull then Yoda in the movie. Great visuals in the movie, but the story needed more working on in my opinion.

(wrong thread I know, but talking about Padme always gets me thinkin about ROTS) I liked her in this CW episode tho!

22. obi-rob-kenobi4 Force Ghost

star 4
    To "Darth_Neznarf"-

That idea is totally ridiculous and you obviously don't understand a lot about Anakins turn. He didn't turn just because of padme, there was a lot of deep reasons at work since TPM as to why he turned and also the fact that he chokes padme is great, it really shows that he is about 99 to 100% turned at that point because of how the real Anakin Skywalker would NEVER do anything like that, he is Darth Vader at that point.

The movie has been complete for almost 4 years now, it is fine as it is!
  23. Darth_Neznarf Jedi Master

star 1
    Uhh Dude, he does make the turn to save Padme. in the scene where he pledges himself to Palps teachings he sure seems uneasy about joining not happy about it. And he says "I WILL DO WHATEVER YOU ASK, JUST HELP ME SAVE PADME... I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HER." He is not happy to join, he at that point sees no way out of it after what he did to stop Mace. He says "WHAT HAVE I DONE" not heck with Mace, he had it comin'.

Then just before Obi Wan's appearance on her ships walkway he's trying to convince her that it's a good thing he's doing... How he knows that he is stronger the Palps and he can over throw him, how he and Padme can make the galaxy they way they want it. He is still in love with her, dude, he breaks up the room in the Vader suit when he finds out about her death. He certianly doesn't have the malicious intent of Darth Maul or Palpatine. He is turning but in his mind he is doing what he is doing for love, not because he wants to be evil. "IN MY MIND, THE JEDI ARE EVIL" he says. Proving that he is not about wanting to be evil at that point, rather that he is stickig up for what & who he believes is right. (you know, Palps who just happens to look like an evil zombie at that point)

He has had a lot of bad things happen along the way including his mother but he is still Anikin because if he was totally turned to the darkside he wouldn't have cared if he hurt Padme or wether or not she was dead. He is NEVER 100% turned, Luke sences the good in him in ROTJ! And he makes the statement "YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT ME, TELL YOUR SISTER YOUR WERE RIGHT" about there still being good in him. Is there any good in Palps in ROTJ? NO because he is 100% darkside! Perhaps it is you who have a great deal to learn about Anikin's turn.

Your prob just one of those guys that dont like to knock Lucas' decisions. If Lucas would done it they way I wrote you'd have stuck up for that. I love Lucas and Star Wars too, but he's not Jesus dude lol. Anyway, I have my opinion, you have yours. If Quigon taught us anything, its that we must tolerate each others opinions. Fighting will not change it!
  24. obi-rob-kenobi4 Force Ghost

star 4
    To "Darth_Neznarf"-

Ok let me just say now loud and clear...I DO NOT GIVE A @#$% ABOUT LUCAS, the man could die tomorrow and i wouldn't care at all. The only ones who constantly have lucas on the mind are the haters, they are the ONLY ones i hear say "lucas this" and "lucas that" in there arguments. They are the only ones that cant get through there complaints without bringing up lucas's name. I like star wars, its star wars that i grew up with --not "lucas".

Now im sorry if i came off as a little rude in my last post and i say this because i do agree with you and we just misunderstood each other its just that i didn't (don't) like the idea of changing STAR WARS. Its star wars. Its how it is and i have been watching it all my life and it silently bothers me when i hear people talking on and on about how THEY think it all "should have happened" instead of just trying to look deeper into the movies and try to understand them.

Let me just give you an example. Im a big sopranos fan but when David Chase had tony kill christopher i was heart broken, BUT did i complain for 4 years after it has been over and talk about re-writing the tv show? No. I thought long and hard about it and talked to other fans about it and ended up finding out that there was a LOT of great symbolism and deep meaning for it in that episode. I like it now.

When i said that Padme isn't the reason why Anakin turns to the dark side what i meant was its just what helps "start him off". When he pledges himself to palpatine his heart is not at all in it, its when he is sent on missions doing palpatines evil deeds that he finally lets the hate flow through him and the more jedi and separatists he kills the more he starts to "like it" Like that power, like the vengeance. Thats the "seduction". Thats why they show his eyes glowing (sith eyes) in the scene when hes killing the separatists because the more he kills thats the more he uses the dark side, the more he ALLOWS the hate to flow, the more he enjoys it thats the deeper he falls also the more he starts to now truly BELIEVE the things palpatine tells him. IMO it couldn't have been done better.[face_coffee]
  25. Darth_Neznarf Jedi Master

star 1
    Well I agree with you on some points and I too have been a fan since I was a kid. Im 38 so I'm a lifer too lol. I also agree that the movies are what they are. I was just saying that if I could wave a magic lightsaber, I would have had things go down a little differently. I like the idea of Anikin unknowningly doing Palps bidding and sinking farther into the darkside all the while thinking he was doing the right thing for the republic. It just seems that the story of his turn was dumbed down to a 10 grade level so that kids can say HE'S A BAD GUY NOW. I mean one second Ani's saying that he would very much like to kill Palps, then 10 mins later he runs in and joins. He is not angry and a Jedi through and through, he even tells Mace on Palps so up until that scene he is very much a good guy. A good guy with a checkered past, but still good.

I just think that the story would be stronger and the fall sader if he had a reason to be angry at the Jedi (anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering) and Padme was in visable mortal danger and Palps is the only real answer. I mean you see Anikin mad at Mace in TPM, and his anger problems are well shown. If he were sent to kill the sepritist leaders earlier, he would be (under the guise of doing the right thing) would have had the hate flowing through him, the anger of the Jedi being mad about the marrage and possibly throwing him out and the fear of loosing the one he loves would be MORE then enough to make him go over the deep edge and kill the kids in the temple. It just doesn't jell with me that he does it over the dreams when he was just a loyal Jedi a scene ago.

I think that AOTC was the best prequil movie and after that one I sooooo looked forward to ROTS and I think it was a bit rushed on a lot of points. (especially some dialog scenes) But I know that the movie is done and this is the official story so thats what he have as fact. (I just wish I could have gotten into George's ear before it was finished) You were not rude at all man and I value your opinion and the debate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.