main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars- Episode 108: Bombad Jedi Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    To "Darth_Neznarf"-

Well i think you might be forgetting one of the most emotionally powerful and epic scenes in that movie (and IMHO the whole saga) witch is the scene right after Anakin tells mace about palpatine when he is sitting in the jedi council and he "feels" padme from across the city and she "feels" him and not a word is said, im not even going to try to put that scene into words because of how just....i don't know...Epic it is, it really cant even be explained i don't think. But that is the scene where he makes his decision to go and do what he believes will save his wife and unborn children witch of course leads into all the things i posted leading into "the turn". So its not really like he was just a loyal Jedi a scene ago more like one VERY important scene ago witch he still is afterward anyways because the actual "turn" is a proses that comes latter and gradually.;)

Also technically the movie is rated PG-13 so i don't think anything about the turn was written with 10 year old kids in mind. After all not even TESB is rated PG-13.

And just about everything you said was covered in the movie-- anakin DID have reason to hate the jedi (too much to even post), Padme WAS in mortal danger (we know from his mother that anakins premonitions come true) and palpatine WAS the only answer and he WAS under the guise of doing the right thing because palpatine totally changed his point of view. "My allegiances lie with the republic and with you" -Anakin. lol? so...yea, its all there.

Also i do agree that the longer ROTS could have been the better. I too think AOTC is the absolute best PT movie (and my personal favorite;)) but dont let anyone find out[face_shhh] ...they'll have us hanged[face_worried].

lol.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    As well I think Ahsoka is going to be another central part of Anakin's disillusionment with the Jedi Order.

I don't think "hate" is probably the right word because I don't believe Anakin hated Obi-Wan, certainly doesn't hate Ahsoka and he actually went to Yoda for help with his problems(for all the good it did him:p )

As for Anakin's vision of Padme dying in child birth, I agree that he had every right to be concerned over his mothers visions/similarities to the Padme visions, but I do think the future he was channeling was the exact future that actually happened. Really his actions did nothing to change the future, only secure it.

Of course there is no way Anakin could have known that at the time, but thats still how I view it.

3. Darth_Neznarf

Darth_Neznarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    True, that is a very great scene, and does explain A LOT of his decision. (i rewathed ROTS again after this morn after our debate lol) But I think if I were in his shoes in that moment, rather then go to Palpatine I would have gone to Padme and taken her far away to a medical facility and had her put on 24hr watch. The Star Wars universe has the greatest medical advances. In our world, we can keep people alive on life support when their in a coma or whatever so you'd think a universe where even what little of living tissue that Grievious has can be kept alive would be able to put her on life support if she needed it. With Anikin at her side she would have pulled through. But for obvious reasons he couldn't do that (CT).

After rewatching it this morn, I think my biggest problem with the movie is that Palps looks and sounds SOOOOO much like a villian when Anikin joins, and he really doesn't know the secret of helping Padme live which is prob just a lie to Anikin in the 1st place. He has lied and decieved Anikin for 13 years so why would he believe him then? The movie is great tho, and I love Star Wars so I can accept it the way it is but if I could recut the movie even the way it is I would have him slaughter the Sepretist leaders 1st so he would have his mind more clouded with the darkside before he goes to the temple. But that'd be hard to do as they are on Mustafar lol so ahh it is what it is.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Just an assumption.

About what, specifically?

5. Darth_Neznarf

Oct 25, 2008
    About his his love of the republic & democracy and his intentions of protecting it, about his caring for Padme and not being to bare loosing her, and about himself being a Sith lord instead of a leader of the republic. Of course he doesn't come out and say that that he's lied to him about these things. Even though Anikin decides to do his bidding after Mace is killed, I'm sure he knows that the statement about the Jedi killing all the senators is preposterous. I'm sure they would take control and there would be some angry members but Anikin's training alone would make him know that the Jedi would not kill the senators.

I didn't mean that he told him a direct lie like Obiwan said he was an a-hole or anything like that lol, just that his whole position on who he really is and what he wants is a lie.

6. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Great spot, Aaron!! Even after retirement, people who hold high ranks are usually still referred to by that rank, just with a little (ret.) after their name, to denote they're not active.

A lot of people (namely us) just plain forgot about that little character tidbit. That was good writing!

7. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    There's love and then there's love, which is kind of the point of ROTS.

Of course he loves democracy. Democracy got him elected.

8. Darth_Neznarf

Oct 25, 2008
    Of course he loves democracy. Democracy got him elected.[/quote]

Just because you use a government system to get what you want, doesn't mean you love it. There are tons on people flooding into our country who use our government (and our lack of enforcement of laws that we set) to better their lives but many of their loyalty's still lie with their homeland. Palpatine does not love democracy, thats why after order 66 he went to the senate and created the galactic empire. He only kept the senate in place to fool the representitives into thinking that they were an important part of what he was doing to keep there from being a major rebellion which of course happened anyway.

Obviously the rebelion that did happen did not happen right away because the people still believed that they were on the good side. It seems that it took a number of years and probably several bad happenings and broken promisses before the majority of star systems realized that they were under an oppresive rule. That is why the opening crawl of ANH says that the rebelion just won their 1st battle against the empire. And the fact that Palpatine disolved the senate when the death star was fully operational proves that he does NOT love democracy.

(sorry about my spelling, im sure i spell words wrong at times lol)

9. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, you said he "lied to Anakin" for 13 years. That is not accurate. In the PT Palpatine manipulates Anakin via the truth ( or by statements which cannot be proven to be untrue ). The only exception I can think of is the assertion that the Jedi will "kill the Senators".

10. Darth_Neznarf

Oct 25, 2008
    His whole persona was a lie. He lied to all the Jedi including Anikin about who he was. He lied to the seperatist leaders as well. As far as I know they knew him as Darth Sidious and didn't know that he was actually the supreme chanceler of the republic. And even if they did know he was he certianly lied to them about them being a part of his plan for the galaxy's future as he made that clear when he sent Vader to kill them all. He lied to everyone including Anikin. A lie doesn't have to be as direct as one might think.

Lets say I work in a place with you and I tell you that Im your friend and we hang out at lunch and knock back a few beers. You grow to trust in me and tell me that you think our forman is a jerk. And that you really dont think that our supervisor is very good at his job and only got it from being a brown noser. (which is how most of them get it lol) But you are being considered for a promotion along with me ad a few others. Then I go behind you back and tell them what you siad and I get the promotion. I only told them what you really said and at no time did I say I wouldn't. I just befriended you and you assumed I was a good guy and wouldn't say anything. Did I lie to you?

Yes I did! Because I presented myself as a person you could trust and I wasn't. I used you to get what I want not caring about what it would do to you and your family. Its not a direct lie, but its a lie.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I'm talking about the traditional ( pre-2005 ) definition of the word "lie". Anakin has no reason to expect such from Palpatine, given that Palpatine tells Anakin the truth ( probably for a reason ).

12. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Very true. I have to agree with this statement, its EXACTLY what he does and also its a big part of that movie for many different underlying reasons.:-B

13. Darth_Neznarf

Oct 25, 2008
    Ok, then replace my word "LIE" with decieved. I didn't realize that using the word lie would cause such controversy lol. We can agree that Palpatine decieved him, can't we??? Obi-Wan Kenobi agrees with me
    "HE WAS DECIEVED BY A LIE, WE ALL WERE"!

14. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    well this was the first episode i wasn't =P~ during. all around just pretty mediocre IMO. Rodia was interesting.

yeah not every one can be gold but, seriously i hope that jar-jar's future appearances will be few and far between. and this is coming from someone who enjoys TPM

on a positive note i applaud this series for being able to use species seen in the films but not be copies of those seen. ex. all toydarians don't talk like watto ect.

15. Dunedain1

Dunedain1 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    So, Jar-Jar finally turns up in an episode, and he was his usual goofy self, but, hey, it's Jar-Jar, that's what he's like. :) And it was kind of funny when they mistook him for a Jedi; I'm mean, Jar-Jar, a Jedi?? haha :) It was also funny how Padme hardly had to ask C-3PO what happened when she heard that their ship had been destroyed, but that the separatist droids didn't do it. :)

16. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Just rewatched this in a marathon viewing with the kids, and... did anybody else notice that the detention tower appeared to be an old-school TARDIS control room?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.