main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars- Episode 108: Bombad Jedi Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Dont let them intimidate you troopsguy ..and if they do use all your power to persway george to screw all continuity up, like really making jar jar a jedi and having anakin fight grievous and padme make out with obi-wan to suggest he's luke and leia's real father,that will show them!!

2. Troopsguy

Troopsguy Writer (TCW): Bombad Jedi -TROOPS, Tag & Bink star 1 VIP

Mar 19, 1999
    That's the story line for episode 17 :p

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I don't... hate Jar Jar. I see where Lucas was going with him, but it just didn't come out right.

Now Boss Nass... that fellow scares me. He's like a Hutt/Gungan hybrid. Which is just... wrong.

4. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    First off, it's great to have you onboard Kevin, for a little running commentary on the work as we discuss. Maybe, just maybe it'll keep the level of unabashed vitriol down to tolerable levels too!

I've been waiting for both an outright comedy episode in general and some Jar Jar redemption in particular, tonight's ep seems to fit both bills. I'm really looking forward to it!

5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Nice avatar Barriss.:D

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Why thank you. I felt it was necessary for the occasion.

7. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Anyone still hoping for an epic Jar Jar Binks/Nute Gunray swordfight of comedic proportions ;) ?

8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Alright, alright, I get it, geez, I'm a moron. Sorry for missing his... um, however many words and/or sounds he said in Episode III. I was never that smart or had that good of a memory anyway.

Wonder how much of the planet will be left standing after Jar Jar is done. And it would be funny if they found a lightsaber on Padme's ship, and Threepio would wonder why Master Anakin's lightsaber is aboard. Hm, nah, Anakin probably shouldn't be without his lightsaber, Obi-wan is already on his case a lot about that.

Considering this is from the guy who wrote Tag and Binks though, I have somewhat high hopes.

9. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    ah fiddlesticks..... [face_laugh]

and now Jar Jar is Sarah Palin.

"Dere's a bad boogie monster down there. You betcha." [face_laugh]

10. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    God...they should have just killed off Jar Jar...

The only good parts of this episode was Padme, the Rodian Senator, and Threepio. Jar Jar's idiocity dragged it down.

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Am I alone in thinking "so, Jar Jar speaks whale?"

Honestly, I had low expectations for this episode, and if I turn off my continuity nerdom and just enjoy it as a fun episode, it was enjoyable. Certainly won't make my list of favorites, but I didn't hate it.

12. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    That was like watching The Phantom Menace all over again.

13. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Sigh.....will the bashing ever end? Jar Jar has always been a different element to this series, and I think he has his place, and thought he was used fairly well in this episode, although some of it was definitely taken too far. I don't like how they matured Jar Jar over a 10 year span between episodes 1 and 2 and then made him immature again in this episode. The clumsiness and the humor is fine, but they overused it in this episode I thought.

14. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    No preview for next week's episode? :eek: Or is there none? :confused:

15. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    As I thought, the only good part was Nute Gunray.

16. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    3PO: Your ship has been destroyed
    Amidala: Battle droids?
    3PO: No.
    Amidala: Jar Jar?

That made me laugh.

17. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    As wesa expected, this episode was nutsen. Or rather, the parts where Jar Jar starred were. Not five minuites into the show, and already Jar Jar's antics created a chaotic situation on Padmé's ship.

As for Padmé, we get to see her as she was when she fought to liberate Naboo and during the Battle of Geonosis. She shows she's definitely Leia's mother.

And Nute Gunray was still the same as he was in AOTC - all he cared about was getting his revenge on Padmé.

18. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Yes, not the best episode but definitely enjoyable. Jar Jar actually wasn't that bad, IMO...his determination to save the senator was admirable, he didn't have the abilities or the powers of a Jedi, but he used his own natural abilities in summoning the slug monster to help him.

I actually liked Padme in this episode, it seems Anakin may have shown her a few moves.:p She didn't blame 'uncle Ono' for wanting to join the Separatists, but she knew he had to find out on his own what Gunray and his allies were like, I knew the Rodian leader would help her in the end.

And I couldn't believe Tom Kenney did the voice of Gunray, he sounded spot on(I was expecting a little SpongeBob intonation), but it seems he was captured so easily(unless something is up his sleeve later on.)

Edit: They're replaying the Malevolence arc next week...no new episode.

19. Yee_Moh

Yee_Moh Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2005
    I have to admit I actually liked Jar Jar in this episode. I was exited to watch it anyway because I've been dying to see Nute Gunray, but I really expected to have to mentally filter the Jar Jar idiocy out of it, and I ended up not having to do that at all. I felt like he actually had a purpose in this episode, so his (usually annoying) antics didn't distract from the plot like they did in TPM. You done good, Troopsguy.=D=

20. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    I thought it was very clever.

I LOVED all the padme parts, she really kicked *** in this episode[face_love]

as far as jar-jar it makes sense that he would be able to help by talking to that big fish seeming as hes a water oriented alien. All in all he was used fine and just the fact that we FINALLY get to see an episode that isn't all about jedi and lightsabers was refreshing for me, there is more to star wars than just constant jedi stuff ya know.:-B

21. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    The good: -Padme finally steps forward and sets the pace for Leia in decades to come.
    -I'm really enjoyed both Senator Onaconda Farr and his aide, especially their discussion in mixed Rodese/Huttese and Basic.
    -Even though he didn't do much, it's nice to see Viceroy Gunray at least. I've been waiting for this episode ever since I saw the Visual Dictionary just to see him again. He's been missing for far too long. I hope we see more of him and the Separatist leadership in episodes to come.
    -This was one of Threepio's best roles in quite a while.
    -Jar-Jar proved useful in the end after all and was something of a hero. I was holding out hope that he would be 'redeemed' in the end.
    -Sheathipede Shuttles and giant neon slugs make me happy.

The Not-So-Good: -Jar-Jar's almost constant bad luck and clumsiness. If he's like this all the time, it's a wonder he hasn't fallen out of the Senate pod and killed himself.
    -Needs more Rodians and Neimoidians.
    -No Clone Troopers named Tag or Bink. :_|

You'll notice I didn't put a 'bad' category. It is my opinion that there wasn't anything 'bad' in the episode, though there are things that didn't particularly tickle my fancy at times. Jar-Jar's antics aren't bad in and of themselves as long as they serve a purpose, but I kinda wished he could have remained dignified for a little bit longer... at least until this started getting harried.

22. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I take it the Jedi robe was Anakin's.

23. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    That was my thought as well, that and C-3PO's reluctance to talk about it.

24. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    This episode just sucked. The only saving grace for it would have been Jar Jar finally *dying*.

25. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Padme is a politician who changes clothes constantly over the course a single day. Can you imagine if a politician did that nowadays? They've be calling her a rich elitist out of touch with middle America.

I enjoyed this episode. I've gotten used to Jar Jar and he was amusing. Though I find his appearances on Robot Chicken to be hilarious because he's so insane. I liked the team-up with Jar Jar and Threepio I have to say. Padme kicked some serious *** and the design of Rodia was awesome.

Clever bit with Jar Jar finding Anakin's robe on the ship and Threepio nervously telling him he doesn't know who it belongs to.

Found some of the dialogue between Padme and "Uncle Ono" to be somewhat creepy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.