The Clone Wars- Episode 110: Lair of Grievous Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by The2ndQuest, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Neznarf Jedi Master

star 1
    This is WAY off topic here, but I picked up something kinda interesting today. I didn't think it should have a thread or anything but thought I'd pass the info along.

Ok, I was at TARGET today and I found and bought a kids book called STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS STICKER STORYTELLER book. It has over 400 stickers and several pages of blank canvas Star Wars backgrounds (which is way I bought it, the backgounds are GREAT for the DVD art Im making for my personal collection of recorded CW eps. I figured I'd scan in what I liked and then give it to my kids) But looking thru the stickers I see that there are several charicters in here that we have yet to see in the cartoon network show. A few droids, aliens and more. &

a very interesting alien or droid that looks like a wild west gunslinger with 2 pistol blasters, a long trench coat & by the looks of it 2 lightsabers (or something that looks like em) on both his boots???[/

Its a pretty cool book. I bought it for my kid originally but then decided to keep it and get him his own copy that Im sure he will cram full of sthe stickers. If I knew how to post the pictures of these interesting charicters I would but I dont so go check it out all who are so inclined. I'm thinking of scaning in the new charicters on a page on my site and putting up a link if anyone is interested in seeing them.
  2. Asharak Force Ghost

star 4
    After having seen this episode two more times I must say it was a lot better than I originally thought.

Kit Fisto was great.

Nadhar was interesting, and I really wish he would have had at least one more episode before he was killed, maybe he could have bean in "Cloak of Darkness" instead of Ashoka. He was surprisingly powerful when he fought the Magnaguards. In "Duel of the droids" Anakin had to duel them for quite a while before he killed them, but Nadhar just cut through them like they were "battle droids".

I think I prefer this version of General Grievous background, I prefer it when the villain has chosen to be evil, rather than being brainwashed into it. It must have been a really weird day when he chose to "improve" his middle section. Perhaps some pretty girl broke his heart.

The doctor droid was cool. I thought it was great when he was yelling at the TV screen, if he had some popcorn the image would have been complete. I really hope GG fixes him.

The Kit vs. GG duel was way to short, but it was really good, better than the first half of the Obi and Grievous fight. Kits posturing with the two lightsabers was great.
  3. Asharak Force Ghost

star 4
    After having seen this episode two more times I must say it was a lot better than I originally thought.

Kit Fisto was great.

Nadhar was interesting, and I really wish he would have had at least one more episode before he was killed, maybe he could have bean in "Cloak of Darkness" instead of Ashoka. He was surprisingly powerful when he fought the Magnaguards. In "Duel of the droids" Anakin had to duel them for quite a while before he killed them, but Nadhar just cut through them like they were "battle droids".

I think I prefer this version of General Grievous background, I prefer it when the villain has chosen to be evil, rather than being brainwashed into it. It must have been a really weird day when he chose to "improve" his middle section. Perhaps some pretty girl broke his heart.

The doctor droid was cool. I thought it was great when he was yelling at the TV screen, if he had some popcorn the image would have been complete. I really hope GG fixes him.

The Kit vs. GG duel was way to short, but it was really good, better than the first half of the Obi and Grievous fight. Kits posturing with the two lightsabers was great.
  4. WedgeWalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Regarding the Obi-Wan stuff...

Seems like I read an interview with James Arnold Taylor (who, occasional bump in the accent notwithstanding, I think is doing a good job) that there will be an upcoming episode that delves into Kenobi's past a bit.

That sounds promising.
  5. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    He's too monotone. What you say about Kenobi sounds promising, but it probably won't be what we expect. I'll take anything I can get, though!
  6. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Clearly, the dark side is stronger. :p
  7. Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Master

star 2
    Cool! [face_dancing]
  8. kecen Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope these flashbacks are good :[

I was dissapointed that Grievous didn't get a meaty backstory exploration in this episode. Obi-wan better have something going for him, considering how important he is.
  9. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Apparently the vagueness re: Grievous was Filoni giving the original backstory some love.=D=
  10. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    What is the new backstory anyway? I just bothered to look at the stills from this episode and noticed the Kaleesh statues had Grievous-like arms, so 1) they're not just regular Kaleesh, and 2) it looks like Grievous went through incremental mechanization until he became almost completely machine?
  11. RoderulijKumar Jedi Knight

star 1
    There is no new backstory. Ever.
    /bitterness
  12. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/8/88/Cliegg.jpg/250px-Cliegg.jpg]

There's little hope it lasted this long.

Your backstory's dead, son.
  13. RoderulijKumar Jedi Knight

star 1
    Grievous, I am your backstory.
    Nooooo!

14. Ludo_Kressh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There is a...noth..er...bac-ck...st-tory...
  15. RoderulijKumar Jedi Knight

star 1
    There is no other backstory!
    There will be.
    There will be.
  16. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    So... maybe I'm alone here, but I've got to say I was happy when Grievous killed Nadhar... Nadhar was just annoying to me for some reason.

Anyway, this was another great episode.

17. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    The new backstory (aka the "Target backstory") is that Grievous wanted to be a Jedi because he envied their abilities, but wasn't able to use the Force, so he gradually cyborged himself with parts that could help simulate abilities similar to the Jedi.

Versus the old one, where his hatred of the Jedi results from their intervention during a bloody war on his homeworld with the opposing side and the resulting embargoes by the Republic sending his people into poverty, and it was San Hill/Dooku who arranged, after an earlier agreement to assume the Kaleesh debt to the Republic, for him to have a "shuttle accident", where they then "generously" offered to rebuild him if he'd lead their army where he could then enact revenge upon the Jedi, whom were blamed for the accident by San. In reality, the Sith just needed to make a patsy to blame the atrocities of the war on after it was over.

Neither are wrong or right- it seems now they've been mixed- Grievous had had some cyborg replacement limbs prior to the crash, but wasn't fully borged until after the crash, and he likely had his bidy modified since then to match or counter certain Jedia bilities ("I chose these!").
  18. RoderulijKumar Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hated him as well. Probably because I knew that he would turn to the dark side and eventually die. It was too obvious. So the whole time I was like, now? Is he going to die now?
  19. Darth_Neznarf Jedi Master

star 1
  20. RoderulijKumar Jedi Knight

star 1
  21. AhsokaMiro Jedi Knight

star 3
    But the Incredibles guy's backstory was ripped off from like 1/3 of all supervillains ever. Which in turn were ripped off from other stuff on back to the Iliad or the Bilble or whatever. Just part of the mythic territory, I figure.

Difficult to see, Grievous' backstory. Always in motion.

22. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    "Another backstory to add to my collection!" ;)
  23. RoderulijKumar Jedi Knight

star 1
    Syndrome was one of your basic villains, but in the movie he had dimension. I just don't want to see that ripped off and put on Grievous, a villain who already had an excellent backstory that made you feel for the guy. Davy Jones was another guy that you kinda felt for. Sure, he's as ugly as hell, but he lost his love (she abandoned him and cursed him to a life of servitude) and caused him to be the way he was. I think they should stick with the 'love' thing, it's something we can all stick to.

If they go with the self-altering back-story, it will kind of end up like Kronen from Hellboy. ;)
  24. kecen Force Ghost

star 4
    Kroenen is kind of cute, seeing as his face is masked in the comics and he does nerd things. It lends a permanent curious expression. It's like Grievous', except black and the eyes are hidden.

It also gives him, in my mind, a squeaky nerd voice. I haven't heard him speak, or I wasn't paying attention to the Hellboy movie. There was actually an avid drawer of Grievous years back who liked Kroenen and drew Grievous with him, or so I remember.

I still like the old backstory better. Kroenen actually isn't that great of a comparison. Kroenen's reason for his transformation, apparently, was out of concern for his appearance and fear of germs and not related to his lust for power. The mechanical parts came after he was killed and then brought back to life. Basically, he's a clean freak who got into an accident. That type of backstory is something I'd approve of. See the lyrics to "Half-Jack" for further explanation.

Anyone notice that the padawan's name is similiar to Ralph Nader's last name?
  25. RoderulijKumar Jedi Knight

star 1
    Then when you see what is under Kronen's mask your like :eek:.
    Ewww.
    Except he's not a burn victim, like Grievous. It was all self-inflicted.

I think I remember that picture, but I can't remember where I saw it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.