main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars- Episode 110: Lair of Grievous Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I saw what was underneath. Evidently, Grievous may be "cuter" with his mask on. Being a kid's show, The Clone Wars wouldn't show it D:
    (some are inclined to believe he still has a mouth under all that, all the better to bite Dooku's ear with)

Ack, my editing is a little slow. According the wikipedia article, Kroenen's mechanical additions were a result of him being killed and then being brought back to life, which is more like Grievous' old backstory. Maybe the author of the article was being selective.

2. RoderulijKumar

RoderulijKumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2008
    I wish they would show Grievous altering his mask, just to show his narcissistic side.

Not to go far off topic, but Kronen originally was a small boy in a Russian village, who was a opera prodigy at a young age. He hits puberty, ruining his career. He begins hurting himself and cutting himself. Soon he cuts his eyelids and lips off. In order to protect himself from infection, he builds a suit. Then yeah, what you said.

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I liked this episode quite a lot.

And I didn't see a single mention of Qymaen jai Shaeelal in the entire thread, so I add it now;)

Grievous's backstory is more added to than changed really, especially considering the Clone Wars Visual Guide includes a refference to the shuttle crash, him being rebuilt, serving the Seperatists to aid his people etc.....

I didn't notice that the staues of the Kaleesh/Sheelal had four arms.....[face_thinking].....thats harder to explain.

And I never looked at Grievous's backstory as him being brainwashed into helping the Seperatists. He wanted revenge for the hardship forced upon his people by the Republic and the Jedi, and was working for the Seperatists even before he was rebuilt. The fact that he may now admire the Jedi's abilities can simply be taken as him just admiring their powers....anyway it is a little muddled, but what isn't these days?

Fisto kinda came across chumpish too me in this episode and Dooku's mention of Grievous killing a Jedi Master(the failed attempt on Fisto) as a big accomplishment is even more problematic. Why would Dooku get all excited by that when Grievous had already killed several Jedi Masters before Geonosis and at Geonosis itself? More muddleI-)

I continue to like the way Grievous deals with Dooku. He doesn't act frightened of the Sith Lord and routinely cuts him off rudely during transmissions and what not. Nice that Grievous isn't a sniviling lackey :)

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Sorry I took the comment as meaning the statues had four arms:p. I just rewatched it and was looking for the extra arms which aren't there, heeee.......:p

I'd say the three statues are definitely meant to represent Grievous at different times. Note the third statue clerly shows his Kaleesh Chieftain mask over his face. And while the statues arms are clearly meant to look like Grievous's robot arm, they could also simply be armor. It seems unclear. Kaleesh only had three mandibles anyway so the fingers aren't much of an indicator. All in all I'm even more impressed now that I saw the Kaleesh Mask during my second viewing:D

"You expect victory over the Jedi, but all you give me to fight with is battle droids" I liked this line a lot as well. It shows Grievous's disgust for the battle droids caried over from the rest of the EU. I seem to recall Grevous asking Dooku for the Magna Guards because of how lame the battle droids were from the Episode 3 Visual Dictionary [face_thinking]

As for Grievous's comments that he asked for he upgrades I think that can fit as well. He was dieing after the shuttle crash and given the choice of life with the upgrades or death without. So from a certain POV he did ask for the upgrades. The medical droid itself might not even be privy to Grievous's true origin, thinking Grievous submitted to the upgrades while not knowing the truth of the matter.

Gor was cool, and I like the idea someone mentioned that the creature could have come from Kalee.=D=

And we have another Clone named Niner. I briefly got excited, but then realized they couldn't be the same Clone no matter what:p

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I liked this line too. I also think that it could have been a reference to the fact that Grievous and the Separatists' chances for overall victory are intentionally being kept in check... by those who are secretly orchestrating the war.

Another thing I liked about this episode was how Grievous did not run away at the end this time, partially because it was set at his own base/lair. Once he told Dooku he would play Dooku's little game, he took on the Jedi and the clone troopers, killing one Jedi and forcing the other one to run away instead.

6. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Sorry to bring this thread back, but I thought that if I included this in the Gungan General thread, people would complain.

It's just that Obi-Wan lastest "Lightsaber Conjuring" trick he pulled in that episode reminded me of something I had noticed in this one. Grievous pulls the same trick, but with TWO sabers. Here are two pictures showing this, these are two frames in sequence, without any jump:

[image=http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9063/grievoustrickfp1.jpg]

If you really want to you can force the excuse that the 2nd set of sabers were concealed somewhere inside his VERY thin wrists, which would be ludicrous...

I really dislike this things that's been going on with the Clone Wars, where they think they can make anything happen, if they need it to for the benefit of the scene they have in mind, with no regard to logic, continuity or respect for the viewer. There is ALWAYS a plausible way to do something, you only have to give it a little more thought.

7. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Just watched this last night for the first time. Terrible episode.

There was a ton of potential, but it made Grievous just look like an idiot. Again. Talking/laughing to himself in an "I know I'm evil and I like it"-style, being injured by a newly-Knighted young Jedi, having his hand cut off again (didn't happen this happen against Ahsoka?). Instead of Kit Fisto (who can't die), there could have been a group of new Jedi who would have all been killed.

I very much liked Nahdar was killed, though. Not just stabbed with a lightsaber as expected, but shot with a blaster.

8. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Oh the general is an expert at conjuring lightsabers, he does it a number of times throughout that episode, he doesn't wear them around his belt and he hasn't got his cape on ^^ He also knows "conjure blaster", poor Nahdar fell for that :p

Seriously though, it's not that big a deal, there are a lot of small errors in movies and TV-series everywhere. I'm just surprised I'm the only one who picked up Anakin's polevault in The Gungan General :p

9. Fistofan4115

Fistofan4115 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2009
    Where has Grievous gone??? he hasn't been in a episode since this one!

10. Biddybot

Biddybot Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    He's in a Separatist boot camp, getting his attitude re-adjusted by all the meanest and most vindictive 'instructors' Dooku could dig up on short notice.

11. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    In other terms, his mom!

I really hope he doesn't get his pelvic plates dislocated by Ahsoka...again.

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    http://cisgeneralgrievous.blogspot.com/

13. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Man, Grievous really needs to update his blog!:p

14. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    lol

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    At this point I like this episode more than when it first came out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.