main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars- Episode 110: Lair of Grievous Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son_of_Jorel

Son_of_Jorel Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah I wanted to see Grievous face revealed also. Loved his lair with the statues of his race.

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    This was definitely an episode where the hunters became the hunted. And Grievous lost perhaps the only two things in the galaxy whom he could trust completely. I also think things were never that chummy between Grievous and Dooku.

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I think those were statues of him.[face_worried]

4. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I liked this episode alot, but I'm torn....Grievous first off was taken completely off guard by the Jedi and clones and he was taken apart by tension cables(so much for being virtually indestructible:p ) Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Monkey bars Grievous and he was able to escape that embarassing scene while fighting off the clones but his medical droid was like a nagging wife yelling at her husband for being out late drinking. And Dooku must be getting tired of Grievous hanging up on him all the time.

Okay, the statuary...even better than the preview, I was like I need one of them in my living room...and if they released them as a collectible, I would definitely buy one. And I like the construction of his lair, it certainly had that ancient stone temple feel to it, right down to the control room door. And the cape definitely had the symbol on it, major fan moment for me there.:D

The Mon Calamari Jedi's descent was compelling, in his situation I think it would be difficult for me to keep my emotions in check when faced with such an utterly ruthless opponent who has no mercy in his heart..he is a Jedi, but he didn't have Fisto's experience in dealing with his emotions. His death was well played, although I would have liked to see the sabers actually go into his body, it just seemed he suddenly had holes in him, but when they panned down to Grievous' waist, I knew what was going to happen.

The Fisto/Grievous duel was awesome, the intensity is what I expect in a straight out lightsaber duel...until the MagnaGuards intervened(I know they're there to protect Grievous, but interrupted the flow of the duel and of course it allowed Fisto's droid, R6 to fly to his rescue.) At least Grievous didn't get majorly owned here and he finally killed a Jedi, but like Dooku said there is room for improvement.

Well, I totally enjoyed this episode because it centered on my favorite SW villian, but like I said, and with some of the other things that occured in this episode, I'm a bit torn.

5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I love how Grievous collects Padawan braids besides their lightsabers.:D

6. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Good eppy, not as good as last weeks, but still good. :)

Loved Grevious's butler/doctor/side-kick, and definitely got that Alan Alda vibe. He and R4 should team up and kick some Republic butt... ;)

Definitely a good show by Grevious and the Magnaguards. And I love how he keeps on hanging up on Dooku. I bet that gets under the Count's skin! :p

-I_H

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I liked this episode. Definitely enjoyed the lair and Fisto's calm surveying of the situation. I also loved seeing that trademark smile as he hopped onto his fighter and surfed out of there. :p It was nice to see Fisto not only hold his own in the duel, but present a real challenge. Had the guards not shown up, Grievous likely would have been brought before the council in small pieces.:cool:

8. Pabawan

Pabawan LFL Story Group star 1 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    The episode guide mentions who A-4D's voice is based off of.... And now I'm done plugging. Well, at least until the commentary's up.

ph

9. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Cool episode. The overall story was predictable(granted, it was spoiled for me, but it still seemed pretty obvious that the Calmari guy was going to be killed), but it was every bit as atmospheric and stylish as I had expected.

I loved legless Grievous on the attack. The sassy robot doctor seemed like one of those ideas that would piss off fanboys everywhere...but it sorta kinda worked, here. For a second I really thought they were going to show Grievous' face behind the mask. Lousy commercial cutaways...

I really like the tension between Dooku and Grievous, too. Dooku pretty much sets him up to kill the jedi or be killed himself. Grievous seemed pretty pissed off...but will he retaliate in any future episodes?

10. JediUno3

JediUno3 Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2008
    Fisto is a pretty good fighter. Now I understand why he got to last longer against Palpatine than the others. Pretty good episode. I'm impressed with how they're handling the series.

11. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Good episode, liked Grievous layer and the fight between the Jedi.

12. Jedi_Soral

Jedi_Soral Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2008
    Initial reaction...good, not great. Good concept, but this story could've used an hour to fully realize its potential. Something was lacking that last week's episode got so well. That said...

The Grievous lair was very cool and added more mysteries to ponder...the statues, GG's pet, the pain of removing his mask. Nadar was alright, didn't get enough development on him to really feel the pain of his loss (and it didn't seem to faze Kit either, it seemed...would've liked to have seen a Star Wars, "NOOOO!" scream there. Oh well...) Fisto was cool, the final battle with Grieveous was good, definitely wanted to see more.

Gonna watch the repeat and really get a good look at those statues...those were awesome. It'll be interesting to hear what you all thought, too.

13. Fettclone1

Fettclone1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    Thoroughly disappointed in this one. This could be seen as the final nail in the coffin for Grievous' character.

Seriously; he was set up for failing by Dooku, bested by a single Jedi before wimping out and even berated by his own effeminate service droid. That's not to mention having his legs pulled off like an insect- and then proceeding to crawl around like one.

___

The Mon Calamari had the right idea, IMO. The Jedi really did need to amp up their aggressiveness. He was just in wrong place at the wrong time and became a sacrifice.

14. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Funny, I could've swore Fisto ran off like a coward at the end.:p

15. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Thats not the Jedi Way.

16. RoderulijKumar

RoderulijKumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2008
    Ugh, I am slightly disappointed.
    There is so much potential to Grievous's character. His creator gave him a past, a tragic one at that, and though we see glimpses of it in this episode, it wasn't enough.
    And this supposed "change in backstory" is really getting to me. I mean, Grievous doesn't like to think of himself as a droid, so why would he, as a Kaleesh, slowly change himself into one? In the shuttle crash version, he was forced into it, he didn't want to until San Hill told him that he would lead an army. He wanted to keep his eyes through the change, so...isn't that a sign that he is iffy about being a cyborg all together? I think so.

More Grievous slaughtering, please. It was nice to see for a change that he actually kills some, plus a young Jedi.

Grievous vs. Fisto was great as well, but I thought it would be even better if Fisto had kept pressing Grievous on what he once was. The one time he said "you may have been a proud warrior once" seems like that would get on Grievous's nerves a bit.

So, basically, we need a entire episode just for the Grievous nerds. That's right, no other Jedi, no Fisto, no Skywalker, just...Grievous.

17. Jedi_Soral

Nov 21, 2008
    Yeah, this kinda adds to my feeling about GG. It was mentioned in the last thread how he's going to be the one who always fail to the heroes in the end. Yet, I don't see how Dooku is going to tolerate failure after failure, multiple cut-off communications, and such. And it's only the first half of the season...what more with the rest of the season or 4 additional seasons???

Maybe they'll shut him in his lair for awhile...give him a time out or somethin'...bring in some new villians.

side note: we gotta wait til Jan 2??? Damn you xmas! :p

18. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Really good episode, fulfilled to expectations. Still not quiet on par with "Rookies" though IMHO.

Nahdar was getting consumed by the darkness though it was obvious, I did like the emotion he showed when his clones were cut down, Commander Niner was a pretty cool looking Commander and I didn't want to see him die.

Grievous was as cowardly as ever and proved it when he shot Vebb while dueling him. It also showed that a true Jedi Master could easily take General Grievous though.

Kit Fisto was awesome, the duel with him and Grievous far surpassed the duel of last episode with Assaj and Luminara. I'm looking forward to many episodes with him in the future.

This series is passing all my expectations and others and so far I haven't seen a Star Wars fan not like it. Waiting until January for a new episode is killer though, officially Christmas time though.

19. RoderulijKumar

Dec 7, 2008
    I certainly hope they do not put Grievous on hold.
    How about we develop one character before we create another one, and eventually put that one on the burner...etc.
    I think villains should be kept at a minimum, and I mean real villains. Example, off topic, but movies like Spider-Man III. Three villains. All at the same time. Look what happened.

20. Jedi_Soral

Nov 21, 2008
    Settle down-nah. I agree, but how can Dooku allow him to continue to disappoint him? I doubt Dooku is the "time out" type.

Last week brought in another "villain" that I would've liked to see return (but obviously won't), so I think there is room for more villians, just as there are as many heroes in TCW. The prob with Spiderman 3 was just that - ALL at the same time within a 2 hr period. (Plus it was a crappy movie. [face_laugh] ) TCW is 5 seasons long. GG can't keep getting foiled in the end on 80%+ eps. without some consequence from Dooku.

21. RoderulijKumar

Dec 7, 2008
    Settle down-nah. I agree, but how can Dooku allow him to continue to disappoint him? I doubt Dooku is the "time out" type.

Last week brought in another "villain" that I would've liked to see return, so I think there is room for more villians, just as there are as many heroes in TCW. The prob with Spiderman 3 was just that - ALL at the same time.[/quote]

I'm not angry, I was just giving an example?
    If Dooku does place Grievous under house arrest, then I'm sure he'll find some way of escaping. He's a master at that.

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Despite kinda knowing how it would end, this was a really cool episode, I thought- the first Grievous encounter where he ends up like that one creature from Hellraiser was a good start- playing off the versatility of Grievous that we don't see often and only really had a glimpse at in ROTS when he spiders over to his wheelbike.

Dr Droid was interesting- neat to see a variant on the EV line. Grievous's scream as the mask is being removed was a great moment.

The Grievous/Fisto showdown was fantastic, especially once the guards became involved. Just shows you how good of a swordsman he is, and why he's one of Mace's posse. A shame the ROTS editing and/or choreography let them down (at least edit out Palpy's "heave-ho"!).

But only one thing really bugged me...Fisto jumps into a starfighter, with a clear shot at the guards and Grievous- SHOOT HIM! You're in a STARFIGHTER! Straffe the crap outta that ledge, man! All he has is a hand blaster.

23. Jedi_Soral

Nov 21, 2008
    Oh I know...that's just part of my suthern charm there! It's all good! 8-}

And yer right...if cutting off his legs won't stop him, house arrest means nothing to GG.

(I also meant to write "simmah" down-nah... old snl reference. :oops: )

Oh - time for the replay.

Out.

24. RoderulijKumar

Dec 7, 2008
    Oh, sorry. I just don't want people to misunderstand.
    Ugh, yeah, anywho.
    Dooku will torture Grievous or...something.

Ugh, I'm having realllll issues here.
    Is the "Grievous was forced into being a cyborg" out of the question now. Is it seriously the "surgically addicted warrior cyborg that transformed himself"?
    So...many...contradictions.

25. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

As Dooku noted, Kit Fisto is a JEDI MASTER.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.