main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars- Episode 110: Lair of Grievous Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think it's going to be somewhat difficult for them to pull off the (a) continuing adventures of Obi-Wan and Anakin, and (b) have the lesser-known characters get their chance to shine.

Some fans are going to prefer more of (a), some more of (b).

I think they've done well so far, though it would be nice to see Mace Windu. ;)

2. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    Honestly, we haven't seen much of (a) yet. Sure, we've seen alot of Anakin, but not much of Obi-Wan aside from the ocassional hologram, and "Destroy Malevolence". That's one of the problems with Ashoka, it becomes harder to do the Obi-Wan and Anakin stories. I do think that we'll be a good balance as the show goes on, but some characters, like Obi-Wan and MAce, have been neglected so far.

3. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Oh, I agree, but I think they're trying to give a wide range of shows in the first half of the 1st season to show off what they can do.

- Yoda a cool cross between ROTS and ESB Yoda? check.

- Plo Koon and Clones In Space? check.

- multi-arc storylines? check.

- comedy episode involving Jar-Jar? check.

- "horror" episode involving Grievous? check.

So the main characters aren't getting the spotlight as much, but again I'm attributing that to the start of the season.

If the main characters continue to be sidelined, I'll actually be slightly disappointed in the show.

4. Obi-Mcfly

May 15, 2008
    I agree 100%. The upcoming episode has me hopeful, as we're gonna get Anakin and Obi-Wan.

5. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Honestly i think that if the fans want something, anything, they wont "not give it to us" this show is going to be on for a long time and they will do what makes the fans happy. So far they have impressed everyone with one episode or another so i wouldn't worry. Dave Filoni and almost everyone else that works on these episodes are fans so they want and don't want more or less the same things that everyone here wants.

We will get more Anakin and Obi-wan in due time.[face_coffee]

6. henchman24

henchman24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2008
    I enjoy it when Ashoka stays on the ship and advises over the com, its very realistic for someone so young to only get into it in rare circumstances. This is all the reason they need to have Obi-wan and Anakin roll together consistantly on tuffer missions. This was handled well in the episode with Luminara, that would be a plausable mission to send a kid on in a war. It seems that its why we are also going to get an Obi/Anakin episode next. I think the creators do a solid job. Personally I would like to see less duo Jedi instances, as Generals I would expect them to be on there own alot more often, with more clones.

Since the theater release, I have been really enjoying the Saving Private Ryan-esque camera work in the battle scenes, kind of mobile and gritty. I have only ever been impressed with it, never let down. Great post btw

7. Fettclone1

Fettclone1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006

I think the world and universe at large would be a better place if J**-J** had never existed...let alone had his own TCW episode [face_tired]

8. DMan304

DMan304 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2004
    Aww, somebody doesnt wike Jar Jar.

:rolleyes:

9. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    I actually enjoy the minor characters getting some time in the spotlight, especially since I'm not an EU reader. But I do think that the actual flesh and bones Obi-Wan has been downplayed too much, he's just a whiny hologram. What I would like to see however is more of the characters interacting with each other, so far most of them have had "their" episode, so a little interaction would be sweet, like Plo and Ashoka or Kit and Obi-Wan or whatever really.

10. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I agree on all points here...and yes, I picked up on that as well, to me it almost looked as if he was going to shed a tear when his pet died. I wonder, if Gor was a native creature to Kalee(I think somewhere someone said what creature he is, I forgot if that's the case...but it would be interesting to see if Gor came from Kalee.)

Yes, an episode on Kalee would be cool; seeing Grievous' homeplanet come to life and seeing Kaleesh milling about and fighting...but I don't know how it would fit...maybe play into a Huk angle involving the Jedi somehow and of course Grievous, but that could upset continuity.[face_thinking]

Ahh, who knows, except those creating the show as to what's going to happen next...but I can tell you whatever does happen I'll still be tuning in every week(although we have to wait until Jan 2nd for the new episode...[face_tired])

11. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    To be honest, I haven't been a fan of Obi-wan in TCW all that much. He's too dry and lacks the pure fun of Ewan McGregor's Obi-wan, who really brought a lot to the character. I'm not sure if it's the guy's voice doing him on the TV show or the way they are writing him or what, but he just seems too meh.

12. Obi-Mcfly

May 15, 2008
    The problem with the Obi-Wan in TCW is that we aren't seeing enough of him. All Obi-Wan has done so far is yell at Anakin or tell Anakin his mission. The one episode we did get was pretty much the same as the begining of RotS, with all the one-liners. They really need to dig more into Obi-Wan's character. Let's see how he behaves when on a mission with the clones. Let's see more of his friendship with Anakin, Heck, let's even see how he is with Ashoka when all three are on a mission. But let's see some Obi-Wan,

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I thought Obi-Wan was great in TCW film, but he hasn't been used much in the series.

14. Darth_Neznarf

Darth_Neznarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Ya Obi was good in the movie. They need to center an episode just around him. The next one looks great tho, but I'd still like to see one with just him kinda like the Yoda Ambush ep.

15. Obi-Mcfly

May 15, 2008
    Same, I'm really interested to see how Obi-Wan would operate on his own, without having to worry about Anakin, and whatever he is up to.

16. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    It'd probably show Obi-Wan complaining miserably while he and his army are stuck on some planet with horrible weather conditions and engaged in a four month long siege of?wait a minute.....

17. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Obi-Wan has been due for a love interest for a long time. A long time...

Anything to shake up his pure Jedi cool would be great, but the man needs some action.

18. Obi-Mcfly

May 15, 2008
    In the Jedi Apprentice/Quest series, Obi-Wan had a love interest by the name of Siri Tachi, but I try to forget about that.

19. Histeria

Histeria Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    I don't mind the characterisation, but dear god, his English accent is terrible in the CW series.

20. SoonerSean

SoonerSean Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2007
    For the Obi Wan fans... I'd highly recommend you pick up the new Clone Wars book "Wild Space". It features Obi Wan in great detail. Very good stuff set right as the Clone Wars are getting started.

21. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    That will never happen, but it would be cool to see him with a girl interested in him and maybe some longing on his part and a little "if only..." But I don't even see that much happening.

22. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Didn't you see AOTC when he goes on his solo mission and ROTS when he goes after Grevious?

23. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Yes, we need more stories set at the start of the war. I hope we get some flashback stuff in TCW.

24. Obi-Mcfly

May 15, 2008
    Yes, I did but I meant how he would lead and interact with the clones. AOTC was before the war, and in ROTS he was essentially scouting, much like he had in AOTC. Plus, ROTS is at the end of the war, when Obi-Wan has gotten a little more agressive, so I'd like to see him in the earlier days.

25. Darth_Neznarf

Darth_Neznarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Yes of course we've seen the movies and own them all. We're talking about a CLONE WARS CARTOON episode based around him to further add to what we already know of his adventures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.