main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars- Episode 111: Dooku Captured Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tordelback

Tordelback Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2008
    Video games create a huge problem for other media if you take gameplay remotely seriously.

I recall single-handedly slaughtering literally thousands of Stormies, Trandoshans and Dianogas in Dark Forces, and learning to use a lightsabre from scratch by trial and error in Dark Forces II until after a few hours I could take on multiple Dark Jedi all by myself. Should the protaganists of the TCW be able to do these things too?

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. Some parts of the EU, especially the videogames, as enjoyable as they are in themselves, should not be taken too seriously. It's not on the same level of (quasi-) realism as any of the visual media that involve Lucas directly.

And besides, suppose Dooku -could- Force lightning several of them at once, let's say ten of them (a ridiculous number, but just for the sake of the argument). The moment he would raise his arms and release the lightning, thirty other snipers would immediately shoot his head off, seeing as they already have him targeted. I suppose all he could do is Force leap away instead of attacking, but even then I doubt he'd be fast enough to evade all the blaster shots. There's just no way. Just think of what we saw in the movies. Anakin surrendered to Fett and some droids when he'd lost his weapon. And he is a bold one. Think of the Jedi in the Geonosian Arena, surrounded by the Battle Droids. Did Mace do a massive shockwave, did any of them? Even Obiwan was captured by Geonosians!

3. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Some thoughts on the episode:

1) WAY too much banter between Anakin and Obi Wan. Have Obi Wan lecture Anakin in a helpful way. No "dreams pass in time" quality exchange between them has occurred so far, which I find unfortunate.

2) Love the Weequay pirates. Great animation. Love the Salacious Crumb in parrot colors.

3) Terrible music for the most part, IMO. PLEASE, Kevin Kiner, stop using SOOOO much bland middle eastern ethno music.
    Where are the character themes established in the movies? So far we only heard Yoda's, the Force Theme and Darth Sidious'.
    Why not use Anakin's? Or Jar Jar's? Or Grievous'?

4) Those flying saucers (the smaller ones with two cockpits) appear to be based on the concept design for the TPM Trade Federation Droid Fighters.

5) The toxic gas closing in on them actually gave me thrills wondering how they would get out of this mess.

6) I loved that dubious look Ahsoka gave Anakin and Obi Wan when they tried to make her believe they'd be on top of things. The way she puckered up her lips was hilarious.

5) I really liked the ending. A simpler, more grounded ending for a change.

4. Badnews

Badnews Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I found it very distracting not having Ahmed Best do Jar Jar's voice. I hope Ahmed is available to redue this episode for the dvd and also available to do future episodes.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yes.

6. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    The game which involved Lucas directly was the one which had a Dark Jedi rip a Star Destroyer from the sky, use the Force to create shock waves to hurl enemies away from himself, and electrocute multiple people at a time.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I thought he just stopped it from hitting him, much like Luke did in Mindor.

8. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Well, DUH. But it's a game. Note that I'm talking about visual media involving Lucas, not videogames.

Like someone else said, gameplay in a videogame shouldn't be taken for Star Wars canon. In TFU, the Force was purposefully portrayed as totally over the top. Just to make the game exciting.

9. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I moved the sticks way to many times for it to just be that. :p You may be right though, I never read the novelization.

Games are a visual media. :p

Anyway, as much as I wish it could, the Star Destroyer being taken down was part of the plot, not merely something which can be dismissed as game mechanics like Anakin using Force Lightning in the RotS game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.