main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars- Episode 111: Dooku Captured Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrantGoBoom

GrantGoBoom Artist: -TOPPS -TCW Web Comic VIP

Apr 25, 2005
  2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    The narrator will most likely mention Anakin's capture.

3. The_Attackinator

The_Attackinator Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    That's what I'm thinking, but it still seems a bit weird to not show the capture itself.

4. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    They may also show a little of it in the Newsreel.

5. The_Attackinator

Dec 31, 2008
    Good point. Like they did to show the capture of Jabba's son in the TCW movie.

6. GrantGoBoom

GrantGoBoom Artist: -TOPPS -TCW Web Comic VIP

Apr 25, 2005
    I'm just bumping this so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. :)

7. The_Attackinator

Dec 31, 2008
    We know; I already posted a link to it. ;)

8. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Looks like Obi-Wan's up to his ole sneaking around again from the Dooku Captured pic from the webcomic.

9. The_Attackinator

Dec 31, 2008
    Yep; apparently he's the guy in the spacesuit seen in the episode preview.

10. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I hope we see Palpatine as Sidious in the flesh in this episode, maybe him contacting Dooku from Coruscant.

11. The_Attackinator

Dec 31, 2008
    Me too. If Dooku's capture isn't a set-up, Sidious may get pretty concerned.

12. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Of course it's a setup...

13. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    ROFL over Obi-Wan's saying, "I'm enjoying this too much" while watching Anakin squirm under Ahsoka's gaze.

And I think next week's episode is going to be nutsen, given that the Bombad Jedi returns![face_laugh]

14. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    This is episode was so AWESOME! And next week's looks unbelievable! The Clone Wars keeps getting better and better! All the episodes ROCK!

LMAO at when the pirate punched the Jawa, who bumped into the other pirate, and all three broke out into a fight.

And the gundark scene. Priceless...

15. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Good episode tonight. I enjoyed the return of Dooku, as well as getting everyone else (Palpatine, Padme, Yoda, and Mace) back into things. Good banter between Obi-Wan and Anakin (particularly the discussion about always getting captured) and I liked that they weren't stupid enough to get themselves knocked out at the end. The drunken pirate was a pretty entertaining character too.

16. JediMasterNicholas25

JediMasterNicholas25 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2009
    I liked when they swapped the poison drinks and it ended with their "Cheers" and the two pirates dropping dead lol
    For Preview: Hmm, looks like they might work together with Dooku! and...is that Jar Jar in the CIS AAT? :eek:

17. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    If they did actually drop dead, that was a clever bit of dark humor.

Loved the flying saucer craft too.

18. Subach

Subach Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2008
    Personally, I think that powder was just to ko 'em.

You'd probably make oodles more credits over a live hostage over his dead carcass.

Also, I'm getting concerned that Captain Rex is becoming little more than window dressing, he needs an episode to shine again, darn it. I do like how the Clones actually saved the heroes from the Gundark instead of being cannon-fodder like they would have likely been used in the comics or the original GT CW.

19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    So, my friend is has detailed the episode to me... and, well, assuming they're accurate then it seems that whoever wrote this episode doesn't know what a Jedi is capable of.

"Oh no! Obi-Wan opens the wrong cell!? It's not like Jedi can sense each other!" (See: basically every film)

"Oh no! Poison gas!? It's not like we've ever seen them take that fully in their stride!" (See: TPM)

Oh, and Dooku's capture not being a set-up = a MASSIVE WTK?

And this is a higher canon than the EU? [face_talk_hand]

I'll take Mindor over this, any day. Hell, I'll take Glove of Darth Vader over this. And I'd been so nice about TCW recently, too.

Urg. I'm sure it'll get back on track, but right now I feel dirty.

20. The_Attackinator

Dec 31, 2008
    WOW. This is by far The Clone Wars at its best; everything in this episode feels like good ol' Star Wars, and the relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin has matured so much to the point that they actually seem like they could be brothers. Excellent. I also love how Tyranus approaches the pirates, as if he were on their level, an ordinary being. Surely they must have known who he is when they first saw him? I also am quite impressed with the Weequay pirate chief. who seems very pirate-like, even to the point of having a 'parrot' (the Kowakian Monkey Lizard Pikk MukMuk) sitting atop his shoulder. On top of all this, next week's episode really looks like a hoot, with Obi, Anakin, and Tyranus chained together. And I am very interested to see how Jar Jar 'rescues' them. Hilarious! [face_laugh]

21. Subach

Subach Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2008
    Dooku was unarmed, and was literally surrounded by snipers aiming at his head if he made any move, there wasn't a heck of a lot he can do.

Also, unlike in TPM, where (I think) the Jedi knew that someone was going to let 'em out, the Jedi were trapped in the cave with no guarantee of rescue, and thus had to focus their force energy on making an exit.

I didn't see the first thing, so IDK either.

22. The_Attackinator

Dec 31, 2008
    Dude, you're overreacting to everything you listed, but especially the above. Tyranus is pretty much shipwrecked on a barren planet where he is being hunted by two of the galaxy's best Jedi. It's natural that when a means of transportation arrives, he would take it. When the ship he and the pirates are on arrives at its destination, he is immediately surrounded, without a lightsaber. He has no chance of escape, unless you are mistaking this series with the Tartakovsky shorts, in which case he would most definitely escape. But in this episode, in this situation, he really has nowhere to go. I don't see how you fail to understand and accept this. Plus, I don't see how you can rightfully judge the episode without having even SEEN it; go watch it for yourself and THEN criticize it. Your friend has only seen it once and cannot accurately relay every bit of information regarding what happens in the episode. So chill out and wait to see it for yourself.

23. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    Did anyone else notice the Indian music at the end during the banquet scene? [face_laugh] I'm not sure if it was just an inside joke or what. Being Pakistani I noticed the song immediately. What made it even worse was that it was a fairly well-known Indian song. I honestly couldn't keep a straight face during that entire scene.

24. The_Attackinator

Dec 31, 2008
    Wait... Kiner didn't write that music? It's WELL-KNOWN?! :eek:

25. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Dooku better get off Grievous' back now, at least he's never been captured by space pirates, or anyone else for that matter.[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.