main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 113: Jedi Crash Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I believe they say in the episode that they are just entering the atmosphere at that point.

You're quoting the wrong scene:

Doesn't outright say he's healing him, but there's enough being implied to come to that conclusion.

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Yep. It doesn't explicitly say he's healing Luke, but it implies a causality between Ben placing his hand on Luke and Luke returning to consciousness.

3. cwquest

cwquest Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    this was my 3rd favourite episode after cloak & rookies.

the Anakin on breathing aparatus was very cool.

Also laughed outloud at the part where the battle droid stops them in a corridor "hold it" then thinks better of it until the door behind him opens up and a load of supers come through "a ha" classic.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The ROTJ script gives a stance on recklessness:
    That's all we know. The healing thing is something we can write in if we want to simply because nothing explicitly prevents it from being there, but we still have no evidence Luke even had injuries to begin with.

That was to show that the script is like the film in not detailing exactly what happened with the Tusken Raider.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
  6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, something had to have been done to him to render him an "unconcious", "inert", "crumpled, heap" ;)

7. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    In principle, any kind of healing which is simply an application of previously known Force powers ( such as Force kinesis ) would be as G-canon as the powers themselves. I'm also thinking of things like the wasp larvae removal in Shatterpoint.

8. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Just noticed/realized: on the stone art tablet, the non-violent Lurmen in depicted as confronting a griffin-beast with a mighty pointy-looking trident thingy

At least I presume it's a Lurmen. Actually, the tablet is kind of weird to begin with... it seemed more like indigenous art than something made by recent colonists. Wonder if they were natives at an earlier stage of the script.

9. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I'm not in a position to check the episode right now, but is it possible that it is a drawing of an Amani? If so, that would be a pretty cool touch.

10. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    It's hard to tell... it's meant to be primitive artwork, and it doesn't look especially like a Lurmen, but it looks more like a Lurmen than a flatworm-lizard thing. Maybe it's somehow an Amani carving of some misunderstood version of a Lurmen, since the Amani seem a lot more, erm, Neolithic. I think it's just a minor goof, really.

Or you could just say that all species who roll themselves up into a ball look alike when carved in stone.

11. Celeste_Morne

Celeste_Morne Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2008
    From page 2...

Guess it turned out to be a "reckless" debate :p

Highlights for me from this episode:
    -The Droid Commander. He was awesome! He looked like he'd be serving out donuts at Krispy Kreme or taking your order at McDonalds.....love it! Want to see more of this guy, forget Grievous.
    -Anakin getting wounded. Yay! Shuts his corny-dialogue-spewing mouth up for an episode.
    -The Lemurs. Was like, what the?!?!! at first, but they gre won me. Irish pacifist droideka lemurs, wow.
    -Bly. Nice link to Episode III.
    -Rex pwning stuff, as usual.
    -Redshirts, I eman clone troopers named "Cameron", getting killed.

And of course, best of all, Aayla. I used to be one of the "meh, Aayla, she's nothing special" types, far preferring some of the other EU femmes (see: username)....but wow, this episode put her up there with them. So...hot. You guys are all debating the "reckless" words that were coming out of her mouth, I was focusing on the rest of her....[face_hypnotized]

12. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    If he wasn't injured to some degree, he wouldn't have been unconscious.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    In the novel he fainted, so that's one possibility.

14. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    I didn't like the whole "don't kill to obtain peace" theme in the latest episode. Sometimes you have to kill to keep your freedom. It's war - people are bound to die. If I were Aayla, I'd be pretty ticked at that little dude spewing all that junk. The Sith don't negotiate, so the only option is to either surrender (which of course the Sith don't do) or kill the Sith.

I was so happy to finally see Aayla, though, because she's one of my favorite Jedi, but I thought her character was off from what I've read with her. She's much more emotional in the comics. And she starts a relationship that pushed the limits of the Code with Kit Fisto, but they both died before they could form a serious relationship.

[face_laugh]

15. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    True.

16. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Amen to that! haha

17. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Quoted for truth. Jedi Crash is at the top of my list as well. A perfect episode.

18. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    Pretty close, and I think my favorite as well. The second part was also very good, for different reasons, but this one had a really unique, lyrical thing going for it.

19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    -The Lemurs. Was like, what the?!?!! at first, but they grew on me. Irish pacifist droideka lemurs, wow.

[face_laugh] That pretty much summed up this episode for me; these're some of the best EU aliens, ever.

20. Hogne

Hogne Jedi Master star 1

Sep 21, 2004

After several episodes of sloppy writing, we finally got a good episode.

It was by no means perfect, but I really enjoyed it. It was really good to hear a Jedi master do some teaching for once. That's something we mostly see in the comics, and haven't been touched upon much in the show.

My biggest complaint is the music. It's really cheezy new age drivel, and it just doesn't fit in Star Wars.

The pan flutes...ohhh...*shudder*

I'm not sure who one should give most credit to for this episode, but it seems to me that Lucas' daughter really get Star Wars

21. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    So far I think Jedi Crash is my number 1 favorite episode of Star Wars The Clone Wars. There was a lot of lightsaber action, there were many intense moments and Aayla Secura made an appearance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.