main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 202: Cargo of Doom Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    It's cool to see that CW has won some of you over on the battle droid issue.

Yeah, the annoyance has dropped significantly.

'there, i said it and i cant take it back.' [face_laugh] That's classic!

Hope you found an adequate wallpaper.

Roger, roger.

2. -TyrSalis-

-TyrSalis- Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2009
    Just watched them...and loved them! That bounty hunter is a great villain.

3. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Awesome episode. the zero-g fight was incredible. the directing was perhaps the best yet... so fast, so intense. Just all around awesome. Anakin rules!

Good clone action... a little too obvious about Bane taking the place of the trooper but I guess in all the commotion to escape the ship I can let that slide... still...

But overall a great start to this season. Love the space episodes and hope to see some more starfighter stuff.

Can't believe how awesome the lightsaber fights are getting and the moves the Jedi are performing with this animation. Keep up the good work, Dave!

4. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    They are getting much more impressive, I can't wait to see the next "true" lightsaber fight. The animation is getting there. I'd love to see them do a fight how in between strikes they twirl their saber, like the Yoda vs Dooku duel.

The Zero-G fight was awesome though.

5. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, finally got around to posting here. XD

To sum up my reaction, I thought this episode was better than the first, or at least less brainy and more thrilling...it had excellent direction, action, and various moments of awesome. Plus, Cad Bane's characterisation deserves its own mention for being just plain AWESOME.

...I also love the fatalistic humour of the droids. "It won't matter." [face_laugh]

More specifically...
    -I am loving all the small touches, from Rex bumping his head in the dark, to Cad Bane stealing a braid from Ahsoka
    -The action, even for a small skirmish, was INCREDIBLE. The zero gravity scene is one of the most thrilling moments I've seen in the whole show!
    -Cad Bane really is all that. I can't remember the last time I saw a villain do so well on the move, and I'm really enjoying everything. While he is suitably creepy and unsettling, it's in a good way, and he's shaping up to be a really worthy adversary in the show
    -I think it was fair to assume that a Force-using, extra-fast, trained-in-combat Padawan would be able to catch even Bane by surprise...it doesn't take away from the fact that she HAD her lightsaber and he STILL disarmed her...Besides, it shows him in 'cunning feint' mode :p
    -Droid humour still has a touch of goofy (which I don't mind), but I loved the trio Anakin destroyed. Poor guys. XD

While not as heart WARMING as the first season's premier, this really hit all the 'awesome' buttons. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. :D

On an aside note: if I recall the trailer correctly, Bane will face Ahsoka again, this time using more conventional methods like his gun and lasso. Heck, he'll even disarm her for the second time this season!

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    That's not Dave, though. That's the episode's director. ;) heh.

7. Dunedain1

Dunedain1 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    This was an interesting episode with the unusual battles that took place. :) Attacking another ship with Walkers? Obviously this is a *very* high risk move, but since they had no transports on board for conducting an assault on the ship, they had very few options available to them and this was a desperate attempt.

The zero gravity fight was cool. :) The troopers adapted well and got back into the fight quickly. And Anakin fought rather effectively considering having to deal with no gravity. All this while bombs were floating around, makes for a very dangerous battle. :)

I actually thought the fight between Ahsoka and Cad was ok. Of course, Ahsoka does have this habit of unwisely rushing into things, which she fell into here. But it showed how even a capable individual like Cad can quickly find himself in more of a fight than he bargained for when dealing with even a Jedi padawan, who's abilities are quite a bit beyond what a non-Jedi/sith can generally manage. And it was a close call for Cad.

8. The_Wick

The_Wick Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2009
    When reviewing the first season of the The Clone Wars (linked below), I never assigned an actual rating to any of the episodes. Instead, I made sure to note whether casual, adult fans of Star Wars -- people like me, who grew up with the original trilogy -- might actually enjoy a particular episode. While not that many, in my opinion, made the list last year, I thought this two episodes definitely delivered the goods, even with the groaner that was the last minute of Doom.

9. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    I really liked this episode too. :D

I liked how Cad Bane caught Ahsoka, and how Anakin cooperated with Bane to save Ahsoka, and how Bane tried to blow them out the airlock - I've never seen anything like that in Star Wars! =D=

I also liked the cliffhanger ending too!

I also made a little post on my blog about this episode!

10. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    What was a 'groaner' at the end of the episode?

11. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    I would assume they mean the part where Anakin looks REALLY dumb for not noticing that Bane is sneaking right past him, especially since Bane's body language very much broadcasts "I'm SNEAKING". For me it was the only disappointing part of an otherwise excellent episode.

12. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Some thoughts:

- Ummm... how was the AT-TE deploying scene a new strategy? They already brilliantly used AT-TE's in space at the beginning of "Downfall of a Droid" by having them attach Separatist Frigates from an Asteroid. The should at least have used a SPHA this time, so it wouldn't feel so rehashed.

- I kinda wish Cad's plan to surprise the squad in the armory with an army would have played out differently. First off, don't show a pointless scene with Cad standing in the armory telling the Droids to prepare for the Jedi. That really spoiled the surprise moment for the audience.
    Secondly, Cad clearly had the Clones/ Jedi intentionally walk through dark corridors so they'd be temporarily blinded when he'd turn on the bright lights in the armory. Especially the Clones with night vision goggles. Yet the opportunity to focus on that aspect was completely missed. It would have emphasized once again that Bane works tactical.

- Zero-G fight was great!

- Battle Droid's during the torture scene were really creepy. That monotone default sadness voice was chilling.

- "He's the Commander!" Clone shoots other Battle Droid. "Guess I'm the Commander now". [face_laugh] Shows the simplicity in their programming perfectly.

- Bolla Ropal's tongue sticking out after he died. :_|

- Nute Gunray shined in this episode.

- Didn't like how the Battle Droids simply resigned from fighting when facing a Jedi just for comedic relief. At least let some blaster shots be heard off-screen on Cad's wrist commlink.

- The tension when Cad demanded Anakin to activate the Holocron or else he'd kill Ahsoka was very well played out.

- Anakin's eagier and over-confident "I can't let Bane get away!" followed by Ahsoka's desperate outcry "Patience!" was one of the best performed interactions in the episode. Really well done.

- Cad dressing up as Denal was really obvious, but so were most twists in the series so far.

13. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Ah yes, of course. Thanks for the answer. Guess we just have to pretend that Bane acted like a true clone.

14. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Another very enjoyable episode, especially the zero-g fight. And Artoo's timing at turning the gravity back on was hilarious. [face_laugh]

I didn't particularly like Yularen in this episode - a bit stuffy IMO, and acting like he doesn't know how Anakin works.

Also, the droid commander exchange was hilarious [face_laugh]

15. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I do have one minor complaint about this ep. I wish Ropal had lived. Not because I was particularly endeared to the character, but for a Jedi he seems to die a little too conveniently. Plus it just seemed too obvious that he was doomed. If he had lived it would have truly surprised me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.