main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 203: Children of the Force Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, it's the same child that appears on the first second season trailer.

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    We're never exactly sure how much Sidious sees ahead of time, and how much is simply him manipulating events. Clearly he sees more than the Jedi though.

But thinking that Sidious "never loses"?

TPM - loses Maul. Don't think this was expected. Bonus: Anakin is discovered.

AOTC - Padme stays alive. Bonus: Anakin is in love with her. Arguably: the Clone army is discovered ahead of time by Kenobi (could argue this either way). Bonus: Clone Wars start anyways.

ROTS - Yoda and Obi-Wan and the Skywalker children live. Anakin/Vader becomes more machine than man, twisted and evil.

ANH - the Death Star is super-exploded by an unknown Rebel pilot.

Not to mention the EU stuff, particularly in Labyrinth of Evil.

I find it interesting that you all consider Sidious more or less infallible for the PT.[face_thinking]

3. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    It will be interesting for Sids to come out of the shadows...maybe now we'll get to see him in the flesh instead of hologram form (yet in the preview clip he's talking to someone offscreen or to himself or the audience and he's still in holoprojection.) To me, he will need to make more of a visual presence if he's suddenly going to take charge of things personally.

And unless they changed it, I didn't see Bane listed as one of the characters yet he will feature at the beginning of the episode and with kidnapping the children...a mistake maybe?:confused:

Edit: Ugggh, dee typos!

4. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I'm thinking the episode is going to start "in media res", and the newsreel will show Bane escaping from the Jedi/clones, and we'll probably jump in to Mustafar.

Although, I wonder how much time has passed, if Bane has been able to kidnap a whole tonne of Force sensitives....

5. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Yay! Baby Nautolan!

Since the team that works on this show talks about how expensive character models are, they are likely to reuse them like they did in the Ryloth Trilogy. With that and the fact that we have an episode focused on a water planet, I'm under the impression we are going to get Glee Anselm! I just can't see many people thinking that wouldn't be cool.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Glee Anselm is not on the episode's planet list.

7. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    I know, I was talking about an upcoming episode that the team said that they were working with water. Didn't you read what I said about Character Models? If they have a Baby Nautolan, why not use it on Glee Anselm where the environment is filled with Nautolans?

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What could they do on Glee Anselm, with a baby Nautolan model?

9. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    Background. They could just show a Nautolan Mother with a baby as one of the citizens of a Nautolan city that the war may spread to. They did something like this for Ryloth where they reused the models of Jabba's Twi'lek Slaves as some of the woman who lived in that Twi'lek village in "The Innocents of Ryloth".

10. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    Why in blazes does he want an army of dark side users??? The whole idea of that breaks the most important and sacred rule of the sith.

I wouldn't exactly place too much importance on the Rule of Two. It seems as though the Sith continue to follow it because it was useful to them - ie pre-PT they were in hiding and when Palpatine becomes Emperor he does not need any more Sith. He could have formed an army of Sith during the OT, yet as far as the films go, he did not. When there's only two Sith they have no one to answer to, meaning the rules they have are for their own benefit. The fact that Palpatine keeps the numbers down means that he wants it like that, not because he absolutely has to follow the ancient rule.

You can also see in Children of the Force that Sidious's plan is to take children that would have become Jedi. Therefore his plan is to create Force sensitive helpers, yet also to simply mess with the Jedi. He does not necessarily need such followers for his overall plan, yet in taking potential Jedi he ensures that the Jedi will be duty bound to stop him. So the plan will probably mess with the Jedi for a while and they may or may not recover the children. If they do then he has not really lost anything and he was never in danger of being exposed. If they do not then he has got some new recruits and can continued with the plan. Perhaps the operation was a test on Sidious's part, to see if it was viable to have such Force-sensitive acolytes. If the plan does not work out, then that may be a reason he does not bother recruiting any new Sith and sticks with a single apprentice.

I find it interesting that you all consider Sidious more or less infallible for the PT.

Although Palpatine is not infallible, it is one of the ironies of the PT's excellently twisted inverting of good and evil that his failures are the heroes' victories, and consequently his victories as well. His schemes may be stopped by the good guys but he can never be fully defeated because they don't know that Chancellor Palpatine is Darth Sidious. So many of Palpatine's defeats indirectly aid him - ie the invasion of Naboo end and Maul is killed yet that strengthens his position as Chancellor and leaves him open to taking on a suitable apprentice for the next stage of his plan. The army on Kamino is discovered but that precipitates it being used for the first time, which is the necessary spark to begin the planned war. Then of course the whole Clone Wars illustrate that point - the good guys cannot possibly win because both sides are controlled by the same big villain.

Palpatine of course cannot foresee all these things happening and plan for every eventuality which is why he is not infallible and can be defeated. Yet he has purposely manoeuvred himself into a position which limits the amount of damage his foes can do to him, so long as his dual identity remains secret. All the time the good guys fight for the Republic secretly headed by a Sith lord, everyone's fate remains the same because they're all a part of the same mechanism of evil, which they by definition cannot see simply because they're a part of it. So Sidious does not wholly control that mechanism, yet it cannot fail to ultimately work in his favour.

11. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    So Bane shall only be shown during the newsreel?

12. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Indeed. Let Dave Filoni or Henry Gilroy show up on this board with a link to a PayPal account, and it would be ON!

13. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Has Mr. Pitt always voiced Sidious?

Or is it just for this episode?

14. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    They haven't released a webcomic for this week. Maybe it doesn't weave into this week's ep, so...

This episode looks amazing. All the planets and characters. Gonna be great.

15. Mikko_Slitherhorn

Mikko_Slitherhorn Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 26, 2007
    That would be so cool. And with the "tradition" of the show using cut material from previous Star Wars movies, perhaps senator Darsana shows up or other Anselmi. [face_dancing]

16. ArcticAngel

ArcticAngel Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2009
    I don't think Cad Bane will just be in the newsreel. Remember in the Season 2 Trailer, when Anakin and Ahsoka are in a room, and Ahsoka says;
    "I sense something Master"
    "It's the darkside, Ahsoka,"
    And then it soon shows Bane using a whip to grab away Ahsoka's lightsaber? I think this happens on Mustafar in this episode, you can kind of recognize the nursery from the Palpy clip and that one.

17. bnxian

bnxian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    uhh is Mara Jade older than Luke? Red hair would definitely match the decor of the nursery... not that they would ever do such an obvious tie in with the EU. Anyway, I think Jade was old enough to realize she was leaving home when the Emperor recruited her.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hey, Cad Bane's hat burned up! So is it powerful enough to withstand complete incineration, or does he have a whole closet full of them?

(If the latter, I hope we see it.):p

19. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    No, he voiced Palpatine/Sidious in the other episodes as well, both season 1 and 2 and the TCW movie. to answer your previous question, I don't Bane will just appear in the newsreel. I think they want to make sure we keep believing he's dead.

20. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    No Webcomic? I was really looking forward to it this time. :(

The episode is tonight! Really hope it doesn't disappoint like the other two. I would have liked the other two if they had a little more... detail in them. I still can't get over that Kit and Aayla were in the same room, next to each other, and there was no interaction.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I still think that the webcomics are a prologue to the episodes. Hunting the Hunters being before Holocron Heist, and Act on Instinct being before Cargo of Doom. There is no webcomic this time because this episode happens right after Cargo of Doom.

22. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Gotta say haven't been terribly thrilled with Palps/Sids voice to date in TCW.

Thought Genndy's TCW guy did a better Palpatine, though I didn't like his Sidious either.

23. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I doubt his real plan is to have an army of spies, thats too straightforward.

I still go by my theory is that every single event in the films was all completely orchestrated by him, from Maul's death to the destruction of the first Death Star. Because if the theory is true that Darth Plagueis created Anakin, every single event in the prequels was orchestrated by him to bring Anakin to his side. However, this threw a monkey wrench into his plans when Anakin was injured at Mustafar. So, he orchestrates the events of the original trilogy to bring the next best thing to his side, Luke.

The only real thing he messed up with is the second Death Star and Anakin's failure at Mustafar.

24. padme46

padme46 Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2009
    I'm not so sure about going to go back to Mustafar but it seems like it will be a good episode.

That's kinda wried. Cody as a main charater and not Rex. Even more wried Captain Typho is a main charater and Padme is not.

Sadly my school halloween dance is tonight. Denfitly will record this episode.

25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    My thoughts on the force sensitive spies: Certainly forerunners to the Inquisition and the Emperor's hands...and the Dark jedi elite...and Shadow Guard.....and Dark Side Stormtroopers...and Palapatine sure had a lot of dark jedi running around...

Anyway, not all darksiders are Sith...to be Sith requires a certain philosophy, certain techniques and a certain linage. the rule of two doesn't say anything about dark side flunkies...

But it is something of sticking to the letter of the Rule of Two and ignoring the spirit of the rule. The point was to curb the self destructive competition darksiders indulged in and stop the dilution of the dark side amongst unworthy darksiders. Course, hardly surprising that Palaptine would care little for rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.