main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 203: Children of the Force Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunedain1

Dunedain1 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    This was a really interesting episode. :) We see something very unusual, a mental interrogation by the Jedi, focused strongly enough to break through someone with a strong will. I was kind of surprised by it, but on the other hand, Bane had abducted force-sensitive alien youngsters and God knows what evil plot they had been caught up in, so the Jedi had to get that information quickly, and Cad had it coming to him for what he did. Man, those robots with the young aliens were kind of creepy, planning some kind of weird operations. *ick* Sidious sure is a low-life.

In a way, it was surprising to see Anakin on Mustafar. Little does he realize he will one day be back there under the most unlikely circumstances...

I really like this episode, full of intriguing and surprising things. :)

2. Shadow555

Shadow555 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    This episode was great! This season continues to amaze me. I still like Cargo of Doom but this episode is pretty close to being my new favorite. I guess it is a tie.

Bane was great, I liked how he was so strong willed with the Jedi in the interrogation scene. But I have to admit it was hard to watch when Windu, Kenobi and Skywalker all used the Force to probe Bane's mind. Being a Bane fangirl I was cringing a little bit and it gave me goosebumps. But I'm still glad he got away to live another day. It would have been really foolish of the writers to kill off this character so soon into the Season. Bane has so much potential and we don't even know all there is to know about him yet. I'm just glad he is still alive and kicking.

On another note the little babies were so adorable, particularly the Rodian. I felt like snatching the little guy up and hugging him. I also liked how Ahsoka was all cute with the little baby Gungan.

Overall this episode was good and I can't wait till next week's episode. It looks like a good episode, with plenty of coolness to go around. I give this episode a 9/10.

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I dunno, I can't imagine being Ahsoka's parent. Or Anakin, for that matter.

5. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah, I have this vision in my head of Mace holo-calling the Rodian mom. "Well, we have him now so we might as well go ahead and start the training. Say bye to mommy, little one!"

This is definitely my favorite stand alone episode since Rookies. It touched on things I've always wanted Jedi to do, like the interrogation.

I can imagine that the meditation scene will inspire controversy regarding the "inconsistent" sense powers of the Jedi. Despite that, I love that the go-to guys for this job are Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace and Yoda. It speaks to how much progress little Ani has made in the last few years. It's starting to make sense that Anakin would be on the Council.

So much for Cody screen time.[face_frustrated]

I love that the Jedi Council are like Captain Kirk; they simply do not delegate tasks to underlings! If there is a mission down to a planet, Windu and Obi-Wan are handling it themselves. Luckily no red shirts were harmed in this episode.

6. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Oh, I find the average 14-yr-old girl insufferable. But Ahsoka, I wouldn't mind having a blue milk with her. Might give her some fashion tips.

7. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Holy Poodoo! That episode was awesome. They really packed a lot into it without it feeling rushed. I loved the little touches, too, like Anakin turning and walking away from the viewport, hands clasped behind his back, after Bane escapes into hyperspace. It reminded me of Vader in Empire. There were a lot of other touches, too, such as with the dialogue... they've really improved with the references to classic SW without it feeling ripped off.

The Mustafar stuff worked well. Besides the animation being just wow, it worke fine with Anakin going there. And I loved the scene where Anakin says they should report to Chancellor Palpatine and then going to meet with him and Palpy telling Ahsoka to wait outside. He was so deliciously evil. His plan was interesting as heck, too. I loved his voice... whoever is doing it is GREAT!

I have a question, though... I was confused about the baby Yoda said was lost to the dark side of the Force. Was that the other baby on Mustafar and Yoda was saying they were too late to get that one before Bane or was there something more to that?

Oh, I am concerned about next week's episode with he Padme stuff... I hope it doesn't overshadow ROTS... and rip off that whole plot. That was something special that led to Anakin's fall to the darkside and I would hate to see anything that detracts from that. Like, if Anakin went through it once would he act the same as he did in ROTS? I'm not sos ure.

8. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Did anyone notice Yularen saying "no, shut them all down, hurry" like Threepio in ANH? Dave and Henry get major cool points for the subtlety of that reference.

9. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    This episode is my favorite of the three. From Obi-Wan's Spider-man pursuit of Bane to Mace and Kenobi's escape from the asteroid. Amazing stuff.=D=

10. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I enjoyed it but I thought it was really fast paced but it kinda worked. Not might make sense but I think you know what I mean.

The animation though has greatly increased from the face and lip movement to clone troopers in the background breathing.

The only complaint I have is the lack of clones in this episode, not much clone action.

Next weekend's episode seems to be an interesting but a boring type episode.

11. DanikKreldin

DanikKreldin Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 29, 2007
    I'm guessing they rebuilt the Mustafar base brick for brick in time for Episode III! Was surprised it was destroyed.

12. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Loved it, loved it, loved it. "Cargo of Doom" is my favourite of the three, but this really was superb in its own right. The interrogation and meditation scenes were both excellent, and I think this and the last episode are really helping to flesh-out Anakin's more decisive personality traits that are evident in Vader.

The Naboo scenes looked great, and Mustafar was handled well.

Was it fast-paced? I felt the last two were faster.

13. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I imagine there'd be plenty of similar-looking facilities on an entire planet dedicated to mining.

14. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Amazing episode, one of my favorite eps so far! I liked this one better than Cargo of Doom and Holocron Heist, which were both very good eps in my eyes.

The Animation was INCREDIBLE. They re did Rodia and added so much more environment, the Gungan Village and Naboo looked straight out of the movies.

Little tidbits I loved:

1) Ashoka being excused from the Chancellor and Anakin. Her face was like "hmmm..". I hope this is expanded on.
    2) Chancellor/Anakin relationship being touched upon
    3) Glee Anselm and Nautolans mentioned, wished the planet made it into the episode
    4) The Rodian female mother, I think thats the first female rodian we've seen in any mainstream SW. (in the previews I thought it was a boy)
    5)Banes interrogation by the jedi
    6) Bane in general :p

10/10 Ep IMO!!!

15. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    This season, it really is a believable extension of the movies. i totally accept it in my brain. I am so thrilled with it. Finally.

I liked the Samurai Jack thing, but this is just off the hook better.

16. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    That's why I gt a kick out of Mara carrying on about how Vader "Hated" her. Like he'd expend that much energy on the little brat. Of course he found her annoying, she was a TEEN, like a force using Paris Hilton, whining, PMS'ing... Lord....

Ahsoka is awesome in comparison, at least as a girl.....

[face_whistling]

17. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    You know, I may have been a little rushed in my comments earlier, I still think the plot was rushed somewhat, but I did enjoy the episode as a whole. The interrogation scene did unnerve me a bit, not just because it was Bane they were interrogating, but the fact that it was Jedi who were engaging in that sort of method--I'd expect something like that from the Sith or perhaps the Empire later on, but not Jedi...and to see Obi-Wan participate disturbed me even more.

Don't get me wrong, I know they had to get the information quickly and Bane was being very reluctant, but the whole thing just didn't sit right with me, and Ahsoka's reaction to what they were doing just reiterated that. But gods, I'm still impressed by Bane's resistance to it, even though he does give in eventually...but at the same time, I think it was part of his eventual plan of escape(which was a awesome scene, btw. And it didn't seem too far fetched to me, like someone mentioned, he didn't fight Mace and Obi-Wan, he snuck off just as I would expect him to.)

And I still think that scene with Sids in that nursery is one of the creepiest I have seen in this show thus far...I would really like to see more of that from Sids in the future. Perhaps in this secondary facility he mentioned? And the Palps/Anakin scene was good too, I definitely want to see more of that as well.

18. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    This isn?t my favourite episode, but it is certainly the "technically" best episode so far. The writing, intercutting between the different groups, amount of characters and locations all contributed to making this episode actually feel like 22 minutes of a Star Wars movie.

My one problem with this trilogy is that it should have ended with a battle between Anakin and Bane. The two medical droids were way to weak to be the enemy in the "last battle" of this magnificent three parter.

19. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Well, I'm afraid every episode suffers from the 'rushed' feel, considering they only have 22 minutes to work with. If only the episodes were an hour, but I guess you can't have everything.

That being said, the show was brilliant considering those time constraints.

I liked the little hints of darkness from Ahsoka and Anakin. Ahsoka seemed like she wanted revenge and Ani approved. Also, it seemed as if Anakin was the one that coaxed the others into the force-interrogation.

20. ArcticAngel

ArcticAngel Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2009
    I really liked this episode, for the most part. Other than being really suspenseful, Bane was great, and so were the Jedi.
    The concept of a group force trick was new, and I was like ">O You better not screw up and wipe his memory". It was kind of unlike the Jedi to do something that severe, which made the scene interesting oe

But I just think everything happened a little too fast. In the first 3 minutes, Bane's disguise is revealed and he gets away. Then he captures a kid, the Jedi capture him, he gets away, but the Jedi retrieve the kids and the holocron. Though really nice work on the planet animation :) RIP DENAL.

Anyway, Palpy is probably the worst sitter ever.
    When Anakin and Ahsoka come to see him, Palpatine gives her a look after saying hello to Anakin that says (to me at least) "...This could be a problem,"
    I'm not sure, but maybe he wasn't aware Anakin had a padawan. Perhaps Palpatine would try to set up a trap for Ahsoka's death to push Anakin closer to the dark side? Just a thought.

21. boletus

boletus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    There was a female Rodian back-up singer in Jabba's Palace in ROTJ:SE.

I DVRed the whole trilogy (of episodes) and watched them together. As a whole story, I thought the three went very well together and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Sure there were a few things that I questioned as I first watched it. I feel like I enjoy each episode on the second viewing. As if I'm more critical of it the first time around, because I'm holding it under so much scrutiny and I have to get used to whatever little tidbit makes me a little weary... like going to Mustafar. In the end, I find it very enjoyable.

22. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Somewhere, Greeata is crying in a corner :p

I only really think two things are worth mentioning.
    - Dark Side agents á la Mara? Whoa. And George let them? Awesome.
    - Gungan Jedi! Dude! I always wanted one. Sure, it's just a baby right now, but they exist. Awesome.

It would have been three, but others have already complained about Bane. He's cheap and entirely unclever.

23. ArcticAngel

ArcticAngel Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2009
    Bane's entirely clever, at least I think so. He's come up with several great plots, especially forcing Anakin to open the holocron otherwise Ahsoka would die.
    He's kind of like a Star Wars Joker, which is even better. I think he's a great villian. I know people will think otherwise.

24. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    I'm more or less counting the EU for Leia (which I don't normally do, but ehhhh), but yeah, you do have a point. It's just that -even with her kicking butt in Bombad Jedi- Padme gets more 'damsel in distress' moments in Season 1 alone than Leia does in the OT.

Me, hurt animals? Heck no, especially since I own 3 dogs! I just don't like Ahsoka, period. Then again, I have a distinct loathing of teenagers IRL (Not that I spend a lot of time around them, but usually when I do, they end up being irritating snots), so that *may* have a factor into it. :p

I'll agree, I was partially transfixed by the interrogation scene and partially cringing. I really like how he tried to resist, but dang... that looked painful. And honestly, I knew they weren't going to write Bane off THIS soon into the season. After all, they've hyped him up in the marketing (to say the least), so it'd be really stupid to get rid of him -either by arrest or death- this early on.

p.s. Hey there, fellow Bane fangirl!

25. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Pros:
    - Cad Bane - Back from the Dead!...kinda.
    - Three Jedi mind-tricking Bane at once...AWESOME.
    - MEGAVOLCANO AKA MOOSTAFA...I MEAN MUSTAFAR.
    - The Xanadu Blood, although I'm not such a fan of the paintjob.
    - Mace in action!
    - KIT FISTO JUNIOR AKA ZINN TOA (I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THEY RIPPED THE NAME OFF BIONICLE, JUST LIKE WITH JALLER OBRIM)
    - A cliffhanger with Bane...I wonder what happens.

Cons:
    - Not as much action as I expected.
    - R.I.P. CAD BANE'S HAT
    - No Glee Anselm (sad face)
    - A Force-sensitive Gungan...Oh great. First they give Jar Jar a gun, and then a lightsaber and Force powers? Ugh...
    - Not much Mustafar footage, but then that was what Episode III was for.
    - Bane getting captured in the first half/first quarter/second quarter...whatever. He escapes later, but still.

Comments:
    - Wow, a V-19 compatible hyperspace ring. At first I thought the Torrent was an Imp shuttle.
    - Wow, Kit and Plo appear as holos in the Council, I wonder where they were...
    - Ew...Duros have liquid slime as blood instead of the solidey-liquidey state...Ew...
    - Rodia's flora is composed of cherry blossoms? Weird.
    - At first I thought that Gungan was Jar Jar, but as soon as I heard he/she/it was a captain, I was like...OK That can't be right.
    - WHAT IS UP WITH PALPS/SID BENDING HIS ELBOWS LIKE THAT?
    - Regarding the partly-submerged Gungan city...no comment.

OK, regarding the ep...It was REALLY beyond my expectations, but not as low as the BSV arc, but not as "up there" as...say...the Malevolence arc? Maybe around the Dooku arc, but a bit more action and coolness.

Rating: 8/10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.