main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 203: Children of the Force Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Not that I doubt anyone, but can you or someone else post where the best examples can be found? I'd like to hear this for myself.

2. The_Wick

The_Wick Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2009
    Only problem I had with Kiner was when they still had the techno and butt-rock guitar solos in the movie and early episodes. TV music is traditionally bland and functional. Sure, we all want more, but with the time and resources, I call any music that sustains the mood on a TV show a win. Off hand, the only show I can think of with new, exciting music every week that stood on its own were the early seasons of Batman: The Animated Series.

3. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Woah...didn't expect such a harsh/negative reaction to my post, especially when I wasn't using any of those points as something negative for the show.

Except for what I said about the copied music, none of the comparisons that I made were 100% serious. Again, some were a stretch. Despite some of my opening comments I intended the image captions as a joke. Although I've thought that there's been Dark Knight inspiration since Hostage Crisis, I could believe that every one of those similarities was just a coincidence.

But using that music - that was just blatant plagiarism. Copied. That's what really started me thinking that they may have actually stole other stuff as well. Doesn't seem so now after read I've read, but I'm still 99.9% sure that that music was copied.

4. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    How could they get away with blatant plagiarism? Wouldn't the victimized party approach them? Not buying it.

5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Not having heard it, my guess is that it's insubstantial borrowing and legally safe.

6. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    That sounds plausible.

7. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Another good episode, if a bit predictable at times. Not sure I like having Mustafar play a role this early, but it does partially explain why the Separatist leaders were sent there in RotS. I liked Ahsoka's getting the drop on Bane and capturing him, though even then it was obvious it was only a matter of time until Bane escaped.

Also liked the traps around the holocron and that whole sequence

Oh, and baby or no, the idea of a Gungan Jedi? Kinda scary. Gotta figure that Jar Jar is not typical of his species though, so there is that.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    And who said the reaction was just to your post? I remember when Hostage Crisis came out, that many associated it as a rip-off of TDK, but nobody cared that those episodes were already made when TDK was released.

9. blaster_fire

blaster_fire Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2009
    Another cool episode IMO. The triple Jedi mind influence was very spot on. It gives Ahsoka a chilling insight on how powerful and possibly dangerous the force may be. I was hoping the fighter Bane had would sort of be his very own Slave I but I guess we'll have to see if he gets a cooler ship. It's also great to finally see Sidious become more involved rather than be that-hologram-guy in the background. The one complaint, however, was that Nautolans(sp?) are supposed to have lidless eyes. But I guess this could be simply retconned so that only their young have temporary eye lids. After all, it's not worth throwing my remote at my TV for such a tiny nitpick when a cool Sidious moment was happening.:p

10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Uh, as far as Sidious holograms go....I think this episode was actually much worse in that regard. I mean, beforehand we just had holograms showing the physical image of a person and relaying his spoken words. Now we've got Sidious peering over a baby crib....except it's not Sidious, it's his HOLOGRAM! If that's not over-the-top then I don't know what is >_>

11. blaster_fire

blaster_fire Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2009
    Would you rather that he be a transparent blue statue as always?

12. The_Attackinator

The_Attackinator Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    Compare the music in this video from the Dracula score to "Kiner's" music at 1:54-3:08 in this video of Downfall of a Droid. Sound similar?

13. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I think the discussion about the score would be best served if moved to this older thread, where the whole plagiarism issue has already been discussed.

There I posted this edited comparison of the Dracula soundtrack.

14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Was this an Indiana Jones reference?

When Mace Windu rolls under the door, right before it closes he gets his lightsaber. Similar things happens to Indiana in his movies (like getting his hat before some door closes).

15. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    Thought it was a very good episode. Good story. Good voice acting. And the animation...that this episode was actually produced in the second season is very apparent to me.

I personally like the fact that they went to Mustafar. It sets up some interesting parallels with RotS.
    Here he goes to the planet to save younglings. In the movie, he arrives at the planet having just killed younglings.
    [Makes you wonder if his previous trip to Mustafar goes through his mind in RotS. Might be the reason for at least a couple of those tears.]

Here Ahsoka cuts off the limbs of a droid who has the children. In RotS, Obi-Wan cuts off the limbs of Anakin.

As for the hologram issue, it's not like this is the first one. Creative license has been taken with them for a while now.

16. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Best episode this season yet. My main problems though are:

-When Bane was escaping earlier disguised as the clonetrooper, why didn't anakin just pluck him up into the air using the force? Bad writing I guess, thats why.

-Bane escaped too easily the second time. I mean if Mace knew they were going into a trap they should have had more Jedi with them. Regardless, Bane's escape was far too easy. IMO he should not have gotten away but remained in lock up for some episodes, before escaping. They could have built an entire episode around his eventual escape.

17. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Excellent episode. Even though it didn't have the more intense action of "Cargo of Doom", it was a great episode in that you got to see several different places and the plot had more...."meat" to it. I felt that this episode gave the series the strongest connection to ROTS so far, with Palpatine/Sidious's plans to wreck havoc for the Jedi and that short conversation with Palpatine and Anakin, etc. I'm interested to see more meetings with Anakin and Palpatine and watching their relationship develop, because by the time ROTS comes along, they are very very close. I'm also interested to see the interactions between Palpatine and Ahsoka, because it was somewhat cold the way he shut her out.

18. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Jedi can't just pluck objects into the air at their every whim. If this was the case, there would never be any danger. The ease of using any force power depends upon each unique situation. Telekinesis requires a certain amount of concentration, and how much energy a Jedi has in reserve is also a factor. Levitating opponents is NOT easy, otherwise even the movies would be different. What's stopping Obi-Wan from force-grasping Jango during the Kamino encounter?

19. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    His Jetpack. Cad Bane OTOH was not wearing a Jetpack or his ankle rockets as he had switched clothes with the clone trooper.

20. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    What I liked:
    1. Bane hitting those Clone Troopers with that brown bag thing in the beginning.
    2. The Triple Jedi Mind Trick
    3. My favorite villian Palpatine/Sidious getting a decent amount of screentime.
    4. Bane escaping for the second time. (Yay!)
    5. Anakin telling Palpatine that he thinks that someone else is behind the whole "Kidnap the Force-Sensitive Children" plot and not Bane. I found it amusing simply because while Anakin was stating that he was standing right next to the very person who instigated the plot in the first place.

What I didn't like:
    1. The Rodian's mothers voice, especially when she said "You'll never get him!" to Obi-Wan. I'm sorry but when I saw the trailer on Cartoon Network I actually thought she was a boy. Darn those misleading trailers.

Overall I would rank this episode the second best out of three Season 2 episodes so far. Cargo of Doom is my favorite, followed by this episode, and last but least Holocron Heist.

9/10

21. The_Wick

The_Wick Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2009
    That one I got, but the face off between Bane and Anakin in the previous episode, when the Holocron was between them, still doesn't make sense to me.

22. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I loved this episode. Lots of action and a lot of things happening in one episode. Best of Season 2. (So far.)

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Again, like we discussed in either the HH or the CoD thread (can't remember), sometimes the Jedi just won't use the Force because it doesn't serve the story.

24. The_Wick

The_Wick Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2009
    Completely true -- and, usually, I have no problem with that -- as long as a plot point makes it through the first viewing without me scratching my head. All that being said, really happy with the steady improvement of this show.

25. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    "No! Lock them all down! HURRY!!" [face_laugh]

It's amazing how sophisticated the animation is on this show. The wide shots and even the interiors match up very nicely with the films. The starship animations remain as beautifully done as ever.

I'm enjoying the proliferation of characters we've had in just the first three episodes. When they were just starting up, things seemed so much more sparsely populated, due largely to the animation team getting models of all the characters up and running. It makes a surprisingly big difference seeing somebody like Aayla Secura cameo'd, especially since that was her primary role in the movies. Love seeing Mace taking a more active role. His Indy-like save of his lightsaber was particularly cool!

Really cool to see the Jedi "team up" on Bane. It almost seems that if enough of them got together they could will almost anything to happen! I was surprised to see him actually lead the Jedi to the Holocron, but they probably could have sensed it if it wasn't actually present at the location Bane led them to.

Anakin was noticeably more dark side in this ep. Ahsoka was actually my favorite character in this one. I guess I'm among the few that likes how cute she is with the younglings. I like the idea of a Gungan Jedi!

Is it just me or are they taking a LOT of cues from the Alien movies? Last time it was the airlock sequence and this ep the trap Mace falls into is straight out of the Derelict!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.